Post Thanks / Like

Performance Cam?

Does anyone know of a company that still makes a performance cam for the 3.5? Inertia lists their cams as "no longer available".

Go figure, when I finally finish my other projects and move to the Magnum, parts are no longer being made. Story of my building life!

On a side note, I've used Delta Camshafts in Tacoma, WA before for other builds, so if I had the grind information, I could probably get them to grind my current camshafts, but I would need someone to share the tuning information for the grind.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd check with Erik at BFNY.
    FRI Sidewinder cam, Dynatec LT Headers , BorlaCatback , 93 octane dyno tune, 333rwhp/350 ft lbs, Police Pack Oil Cooler, SRT 8 Struts and Nivo's ,Hotchkis sway bars,B Woody end links, , 275/40/20 Ventus ST's , 2017 CC Big Horn Ram 4X4 EcoDiesel. Never Trust a Fart

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the specs for the Inertia cams but contact Inertia first, I think they will still regrind cams for customers. The reason they stopped offering V6 parts was the lack of available cores.

Part Number/Work Order Number E67633

INTAKE Duration: 254º Lift: .408
    EXHAUST Duration: 263º Lift: .326
    INTAKE Opens: -5.0 ATDC Closes: 28.0 ABDC
    EXHAUSTOpens: 40.0 BBDC Closes: -9.0 BTDC
    LOBE SEPARATION 110º

Duration at .050" Intake:
    Exhaust: LOBE LIFT Intake: .233
    Exhaust: .186
    If using "Lobe Center" method of degreeing, cam should be installed on an intake centerline of: 106º NOTES:

Part Number/Work Order Number E67656

INTAKE Duration: 254ºLift: .434
    EXHAUST Duration: 264ºLift: .415

valve open: LBS. -15.0 ATDC -15.0 BTDC ABDC 18.0 34.0 BBDC camcard
    The information below is for degreeing cam only. Correct only at .050" tappet lift.
    INTAKE Opens: -15.0 ATDC Closes: 18.0 ABDC
    EXHAUST Opens: 34.0 BBDC Closes: -15.0 BTDC
    LOBE SEPARATION 110º

Duration at .050"Intake:
    Exhaust: LOBE LIFT Intake: .255
    Exhaust: .244
    If using "Lobe Center" method of degreeing, cam should be installed on an intake centerline of: 106º NOTES:
    Thanks formerice thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate the info. I emailed Stu but haven't heard back. My only problem with sending in my cams is then the Magnum is down for a few weeks with the heads sitting on a bench. Not a big deal, I just don't like having stuff sitting around waiting for parts to finish. I'm already annoyed I'm sitting with the valve cover off on my B2200 waiting on a new seal so I can put everything back together after changing out the cam in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Admittedly, I'm also a tad nervous to break open the engine. I've had a lot of problems from the previous owner, I'm kind of afraid of what I might find.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do it! the cams on the v6 are so cool (ask me how i know) lol
    2010 Challenger V6: Quickest N/A 3.5L 14.63 @ 95 mph
    Likes jross239, tf34mech liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tf34mech View Post
    Here are the specs for the Inertia cams but contact Inertia first, I think they will still regrind cams for customers. The reason they stopped offering V6 parts was the lack of available cores.

Part Number/Work Order Number E67633

INTAKE Duration: 254º Lift: .408
    EXHAUST Duration: 263º Lift: .326
    INTAKE Opens: -5.0 ATDC Closes: 28.0 ABDC
    EXHAUSTOpens: 40.0 BBDC Closes: -9.0 BTDC
    LOBE SEPARATION 110º

Duration at .050" Intake:
    Exhaust: LOBE LIFT Intake: .233
    Exhaust: .186

Part Number/Work Order Number E67656

INTAKE Duration: 254ºLift: .434
    EXHAUST Duration: 264ºLift: .415

valve open: LBS. -15.0 ATDC -15.0 BTDC ABDC 18.0 34.0 BBDC camcard
    The information below is for degreeing cam only. Correct only at .050" tappet lift.
    INTAKE Opens: -15.0 ATDC Closes: 18.0 ABDC
    EXHAUST Opens: 34.0 BBDC Closes: -15.0 BTDC
    LOBE SEPARATION 110º

Duration at .050"Intake:
    Exhaust: LOBE LIFT Intake: .255
    Exhaust: .244
    Do you have the info for the 2.0 boost cams?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2007 Steel Blue SXT magnum (EURO 300 Conversion)- 300 CSRT front end, 3G splitter, 300 SRT dash, Clazzio leather seat covers, R/T brakes, R1 concepts drilled and slotted rotors, Vortech V3 sc, Trufiber cf hood, MSRT wheels, air ride, KWv2 Coil Overs, carbon fiber and billet under hood goodies, rear hatch mod, Intune, LED Concepts halos, tinted windows, 22" black Velocity wheels, 22x9.5 USW wheels, RT exhaust
    Future mods: Estate rear bumper Intercooler Inertia big valve heads 1.2 cams JBA shorties rear diff SRT seats stereo work wood floor trunk New retrofit headlight VES center console

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Inertia recommend's their 1.1 Cams for Boosted Apps, and the 1.2 was for their 4.0L Stroker Engines?? I believe Joe Bowman has the 1:1's in his 11' Sec 3.5L Challenger
    Likes jross239 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrgnWgn View Post
    I think Inertia recommend's their 1.1 Cams for Boosted Apps, and the 1.2 was for their 4.0L Stroker Engines?? I believe Joe Bowman has the 1:1's in his 11' Sec 3.5L Challenger
    I had to go back and check

They are the 1.2 cams.

I bought Robs (utah) big valve heads and cams to pair up with my V3 supercharger

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2007 Steel Blue SXT magnum (EURO 300 Conversion)- 300 CSRT front end, 3G splitter, 300 SRT dash, Clazzio leather seat covers, R/T brakes, R1 concepts drilled and slotted rotors, Vortech V3 sc, Trufiber cf hood, MSRT wheels, air ride, KWv2 Coil Overs, carbon fiber and billet under hood goodies, rear hatch mod, Intune, LED Concepts halos, tinted windows, 22" black Velocity wheels, 22x9.5 USW wheels, RT exhaust
    Future mods: Estate rear bumper Intercooler Inertia big valve heads 1.2 cams JBA shorties rear diff SRT seats stereo work wood floor trunk New retrofit headlight VES center console
    Likes DrgnWgn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nathan, I am also looking for a performance cam for my 3.5 chrysler 300, hopefully someone in the forum can point us in the right direction.
    If you can let me know if you find anything.

Thanks,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Inertia is the only place that sells cams for our 3.5's you'll have to call them to see if they still cut them and you will have to send cores for them to cut. I'm getting ready to contact them myself and see what the cost will be for my 3.5 as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    2006 Charger SXT 3.5LHO T******** Vortech V3 Supercharger Kit, Custom 2 Tone Paint, Flashtech V3 RGB Halo Headlights & Fog Lights w/WiFi RGB Controller, Powdercoated Boss 304 wheels, Street Edge Coil-Overs, Eibach Alignment kits, BT Custom Badges & underhood, 3G Costumz Firewall/Radaitor/ABS Covers Hydrodipped Carbon Fiber........

Post Thanks / Like
    Stu Daryl does the cams, just needs you to send yours in, or pull a set from the junk yard to send him

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been trying to find out if anyone has installed the 4.0L camshafts into the 3.5L and what result they had. Has anyone tried that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Youd be better off getting the 3.5 cams regrinded
    Quote Originally Posted by reefstar View Post
    I've been trying to find out if anyone has installed the 4.0L camshafts into the 3.5L and what result they had. Has anyone tried that?
    2010 Challenger V6: Quickest N/A 3.5L 14.63 @ 95 mph

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reefstar View Post
    The heads are different but the blocks are the same. The heads will bolt up but that's about it. The cams aren't interchangeable between the 4.0 nitro heads vs the LX heads as far as I remember. Inertia does still over HO heads and 1.2v cams. I just recently bought both. I'm boosted and was told it would be best to do heads and cams last after all of my other mods. This is because your mods will grind the cams a little bit. SO I haven't received tem yet. been ordered for about three weeks. Its a bit pricey but well worth it. Just have a game plan. I kind of knew I wanted to be boosted/heads n cams when I first started.

Share This Thread