Post Thanks / Like

Install SRT stuff in an SXT

I had been reading about others upgrading their SXTs, and I have always wanted to have the leather steering wheel and buttons on the wheel to control the radio. Well, I decided to go all out. I got a steering column w/wheel and instrument cluster from a 2010 SRT. I installed the SCM, clock spring and leather wheel to my original column. The gauge cluster was a straight up swap. Once all this was done, I fired up the AppCar software and started looking through things that I wanted to change. I now have DRLs running through the high beams. Started raining, so I did not get a chance to really work through all the settings. I have not, as yet installed the uconnect device, but once that goes in, I will have a compass shown on the dash. I have had zero issues so far and I think as long as I don't go nuts changing settings, things will probably be good to go. I took a few pics during the swap and thought I would post them up to show others. Basic things like how to disconnect the dash panels are located all over the site, so just do a bit of sniffing around, you will find what you need.
    Last edited by blkadder; 06-13-2019 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Pics Added
    Ron

...Semper Fidelis...

2010 Dodge Charger SXT
    BT catch can
    BT emblems on front and rear
    Power Stop Z26 Extreme drilled rotors
    R/T leather steering wheel w/switches
    R/T EVIC cluster (mostly working)

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an update (not that anyone cares), I have installed the RT gauge cluster, leather steering wheel w/controls. I have also installed Homelink. I have also changed a few settings with the AppCar software, like DRLs and a couple of other things. I think I need to either change out or have my TIPM programmed to get all the EVIC functions working. I think I will be keeping the old girl now.
    Ron

...Semper Fidelis...

2010 Dodge Charger SXT
    BT catch can
    BT emblems on front and rear
    Power Stop Z26 Extreme drilled rotors
    R/T leather steering wheel w/switches
    R/T EVIC cluster (mostly working)
    Likes Ultimagic5, tf34mech liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blkadder View Post
    Just an update (not that anyone cares), I have installed the RT gauge cluster, leather steering wheel w/controls. I have also installed Homelink. I have also changed a few settings with the AppCar software, like DRLs and a couple of other things. I think I need to either change out or have my TIPM programmed to get all the EVIC functions working. I think I will be keeping the old girl now.
    I use that software also and I have a license for my Avenger. It's the cat's pajamas for sure. I was able to enable many options I didn't have. I'm also on their beta.
    05 Magnum AWD SXT Hemi Swap
    instagram.com/hemisxt
    Likes Ultimagic5, tf34mech liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love appcar, I'm hoping a new update comes out soon. but I'm upset because I had emailed them about an issue I was experiencing with the application back in July and have not heard back since. I've emailed again multiple times, but to no prevail.
    Likes Ultimagic5 liked this post