Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSDart340 View Post
    No, that's probably the point of the isolator. The coil grounds through the plug. The valve cover isn't grounded.

1949 International KB2 "Mater" 302/T5

1968 Dodge Dart GTS "The Drat", 340/727

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T the "Wagnum", 5.7/auto

2016 Dodge Durango Limited, 3.6/auto
    That’s what I was thinking. Kinda odd when the could have just grounded it by a bolt like you said. Thx.

2005 ViperBit 3.5L

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s alive!!!!!!!!

2005 ViperBit 3.5L
    Likes tf34mech, KYUUBI liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Fired it up for the first time! Other than a weak battery, it had no issues. Ran very smooth, and the 74mm throttle body seemed to respond well.

Still got a few things to finish up before it hits the road. (Like a radiator LOL and detail painting)

I had a very distinctive exhaust note. I’m interested in how things will seat in, and what tuning will do to it.

2005 ViperBit 3.5L
    Likes Ultimagic5, CtCarl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait for a video clip.
    "Many true sports cars can be outrun by a powerful sedan." - Sir William Lyons, Chairman, British Leyland
    Likes Mongo300cSRTdesign liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CtCarl View Post
    Can't wait for a video clip.
    Almost did one today, but I didn’t have a radiator hooked up so I didn’t want to run it for long.

Also, I’m running the SRT dual exhaust with the mufflers and resonators, so it’s not loud. (Personally I don’t want a loud 300).

2005 ViperBit 3.5L

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reefstar View Post
    Almost did one today, but I didn’t have a radiator hooked up so I didn’t want to run it for long.

Also, I’m running the SRT dual exhaust with the mufflers and resonators, so it’s not loud. (Personally I don’t want a loud 300).
    Doesn't have to be a long clip! You know how it is, just want to see and hear it. Now I'm especially curious about the SRT exhaust. I've seen a few 3.5s with R/T exhaust and the sound is not bad at all, even through those Rube Goldberg 5.7 resonators.
    "Many true sports cars can be outrun by a powerful sedan." - Sir William Lyons, Chairman, British Leyland

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good... now put a Procharger on that thing!
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Likes reefstar liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My 3.5L EPIC waste of time!!! Why not!

Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    Looking good... now put a Procharger on that thing!
    Not this one. This is in my 300, and I want it to be more of a comfortable smooth highway car! And I wanted to keep it NA.

BUT... I have this...

Waiting to go into this...

And I may do something funky. Like how feasible would an Eaton M62 or M90 be adaptable? (Scratching head!)

I do not like the idea of running a SC through the VAR upper plenum. If I do go with a procharger style of SC... I’m thinking of getting a earlier 3.5L upper plenum, and removing the cross over runners and making it into a single run intake (since they are aluminum).
    Last edited by reefstar; 02-21-2021 at 11:55 AM.

2005 ViperBit 3.5L

Post Thanks / Like

BUT... I have this...

Waiting to go into this...

And I may do something funky. Like how feasible would an Eaton M62 or M90 be adaptable? (Scratching head!)

I do not like the idea of running a SC through the VAR upper plenum. If I do go with a procharger style of SC... I’m thinking of getting a earlier 3.5L upper plenum, and removing the cross over runners and making it into a single run intake (since they are aluminum).
    Is that another 3.5? Just curious because I was thinking that 2.7 Magnum is a great candidate for a 4.0 swap. They're cheap and plentiful, with a nice torque curve. And as long as you have a set of 3.5 accessories, it should be very straightforward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that another 3.5? Just curious because I was thinking that 2.7 Magnum is a great candidate for a 4.0 swap. They're cheap and plentiful, with a nice torque curve. And as long as you have a set of 3.5 accessories, it should be very straightforward.
    Yes, that’s a 3.5. I got if from someone who graciously gave it to me who did a 4.0L swap in his 300. So, I still need all the accessories to bolt onto it to make it a complete runner. He also sent the 4.0L cams he took out of the 4.0L with it.

Since it has the later (07 -) pistons, I can’t do the HC piston swap (unless I change the rods as well) so, that makes it a better candidate for boosting (Also another reason why I wouldn’t consider the other engine for boosting).

2005 ViperBit 3.5L

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that’s a 3.5. I got if from someone who graciously gave it to me who did a 4.0L swap in his 300. So, I still need all the accessories to bolt onto it to make it a complete runner. He also sent the 4.0L cams he took out of the 4.0L with it.

Since it has the later (07 -) pistons, I can’t do the HC piston swap (unless I change the rods as well) so, that makes it a better candidate for boosting (Also another reason why I wouldn’t consider the other engine for boosting).
    Ah, he must have needed the accessories for the 4.0. Interesting that he didn't use the stock cams. Sounds like another interesting project, maybe he'll post a thread about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, he must have needed the accessories for the 4.0. Interesting that he didn't use the stock cams. Sounds like another interesting project, maybe he'll post a thread about it.
    He used to be on this forum... he got sick of the moderator politics and the Hemitude.

He has aftermarket cams, so he didn’t need the 4.0L cams, and he has an SC on it. I’ll see if I can dig up a pic of it.

2005 ViperBit 3.5L

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing build almost sorry to see it end except now I can't wait to hear it run!
    Thanks reefstar thanked for this post
    Likes reefstar liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tf34mech View Post
    Amazing build almost sorry to see it end except now I can't wait to hear it run!
    Thanks, and I’ve enjoyed the input too.

When it fired, it was the satisfaction of seeing those parts work together since I’ve been wanting to do it for a while. All of these parts (aside from the plenum) for 3.5 builders are off the shelf parts!

I’m just a bit worried, don’t get too excited about the “sound” videos. I’m running a quiet full exhaust system on this car.

I can hear a vacuum leak in the plenum somewhere, so once I find it and fix it, I will get some videos. And I’ve gotten a cam sensor error twice. So have have a new one coming (I accidentally dropped it and I think that tweaked it).

But,,, it still needs tuning, and dynos... so there’s still a bit of fun to go. Also the painting of the plenum and engine bay covers

And then ... there’s the engine for the Magnum... I’m seriously considering boosting it which means building a new intake without VAR. Can an Eaton SC be configured to fit??? I want to avoid the plumbing nightmare!

2005 ViperBit 3.5L

Post Thanks / Like
    Here’s the pic of his boosted 4.0...

2005 ViperBit 3.5L
    Likes tf34mech liked this post

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast