Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    anyway to start without a key?

    07 300c no keys. parts car/ want to see if it runs but dont want to buy a key. any way to do it?



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    338
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have it titled in your name you can go get a key cut at a dealer with the VIN# and the title and your ID.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,925
    Post Thanks / Like
    RFID embedded in a proper / recognized key must be detected by RFID antenna / module located right at key location (reports to PCM) for SKREEM to disable No-Start condition.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 04-13-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

    Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys. so the transponder is on the ignition. (the black box) so can i swap out the entire ignition with transponder from another car and hopefully have it work?
    its a written off srt-d and i just want to see if the engine is any good. really dont want to spend the money on a key just to part out the car.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    glendale az
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
    thanks guys. so the transponder is on the ignition. (the black box) so can i swap out the entire ignition with transponder from another car and hopefully have it work?
    its a written off srt-d and i just want to see if the engine is any good. really dont want to spend the money on a key just to part out the car.
    you would have to swap out the key/key module and the pcm from another car that had a matching/working set.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    not worth the hassle. ill just pull the engine as-is. appreciate the help guys

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    300's have pretty good anti theft so I don't believe you can start it without the key.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
    not worth the hassle. ill just pull the engine as-is. appreciate the help guys
    A mobile locksmith probably wouldn't charge too much to make just the regular sentry key for it (gray plastic with the security chip embedded.) Some can do the programming so be sure to ask. You don't need to cash up for a remote since you're just pulling the engine. A proven good running 5.7 is worth a hell of a lot more than an unknown 5.7...

    Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    talked to a customer of mine who can do a key for $200 but i have to bring it to him. thats a pain so i will bribe him with road runner parts to come here and program for me. lol

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
    talked to a customer of mine who can do a key for $200 but i have to bring it to him. thats a pain so i will bribe him with road runner parts to come here and program for me. lol
    Note that you can program new keys yourself as long as you have two working FOBs that are already programmed and functioning...
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

    Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Note that you can program new keys yourself as long as you have two working FOBs that are already programmed and functioning...
    Correct but do note this also includes the plain gray sentry key!

    Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    if i had two working fob's i would not need to post this thread. car has no keys. no fobs. nothing. looking around the car. owner got a new prescription for his ADD meds, bought A+W and crashed the car, hard. (anybody need some ADD meds?, they are in the car. lol)
    stuck in park, tow truck driver had to tie it to a tree in my yard to offload it. i am sure thats great for the trans.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
    if i had two working fob's i would not need to post this thread. car has no keys. no fobs. nothing. looking around the car. owner got a new prescription for his ADD meds, bought A+W and crashed the car, hard. (anybody need some ADD meds?, they are in the car. lol)
    stuck in park, tow truck driver had to tie it to a tree in my yard to offload it. i am sure thats great for the trans.
    We know...post #9 was missing the mark...

    The parking pall in the transmission will be just fine. Its when you try and engage Park while moving that it can be damaged (even though its spring-loaded).
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

    Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had the tow truck driver known what he was doing he would have pulled the little storage tray out on the right side of the shifter and pushed the button to release the park lock lol

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok, update.

    syked tuning will remove the skim set up off your computer so you can run just a regular key. pull computer, send it to syked. they delete the skim and send it back. i get a regular key cut and leave my skim module un plugged. its at syked right now so hopefully will see it later this week or next week if all goes ok.

    great guys to deal with so far.

    https://sykedecutuning.com/chrysler/...ey-delete.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •