Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sent this message to The Cylinderhead shop:

" Will be needing a set of heads for my '05 Magnum 5.7 soon. Do you replace "all" valve seats, intake and exhaust, or just those that are bad? Do you paint the rocker area of the head?"

This is the reply I received:

"Hi,
    We install all new valve seats as stated in our ads, all 8 seats.
    We do spray a product called alumi blast on our aluminum heads after they are machined and before assembly. It is not considered a paint but it is a spray. It is mostly a protectant and to keep smudging down during assembly.
    If you do not want them coated at all that is no a problem as long as you request that.
    Let us know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks, Tim"
    Last edited by TLH101; 12-06-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH101 View Post
    Sent this message to The Cylinderhead shop:

" Will be needing a set of heads for my '05 Magnum 5.7 soon. Do you replace "all" valve seats, intake and exhaust, or just those that are bad? Do you paint the rocker area of the head?"

This is the reply I received:

"Hi,
    We install all new valve seats as stated in our ads, all 8 seats.
    We do spray a product called alumi blast on our aluminum heads after they are machined and before assembly. It is not considered a paint but it is a spray. It is mostly a protectant and to keep smudging down during assembly.
    If you do not want them coated at all that is no a problem as long as you request that.
    Let us know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks, Tim"
    All eight? Hopefully its not seven or nine

Smudging? WTF is smudging? It would appear that is the same thing as "aesthetically pleasing".
    Are they talking about women and makeup?

Alumi Blast

BTW, just the intakes will be fine.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 12-07-2018 at 01:09 AM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12