Post Thanks / Like

Eagle 5.7 vs. 6.1 heads

How good are the eagle heads in comparison to the 6.1 heads? I have found a complete 2011 challenger 5.7 for $650 with a claim of 122k miles on it and a suspected spun main.

I am thinking of grabbing this up for parts since it appears the block is good on my '06 Magnum. Currently the thought is a 392 stroker kit. Scat offers a kit with a -6cc dish piston that should partly counter the change in chamber size. Then maybe a 6.1 cam, and mds delete.

If I go with the eagle heads I know I'll need the thicker head gaskets and longer pushrods. Is there anything else to prepare for, and will the eagle intake be ok with everything as well?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprised nobody's weighed in on this. I dont have much knowledge about this one, but $650 seems like a good price considering you can use the eagle intake too, which supposedly outperforms the pre eagle intake. Of course you'll need a spacer to clear something... I think Hemmisary successfully modified an eagle intake to fit pre eagle block but he seems to have genius level engineering skills.

I also got a good deal on an eagle 5.7. Going to use heads and I take on my 06 RT.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T: K&N CAI, SRT headers, Magnaflow 3" cat-back, 180 degree t-stat, Diablo Trinity T1000, 300 SRT rims.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoochG View Post
    I'm surprised nobody's weighed in on this. I dont have much knowledge about this one, but $650 seems like a good price considering you can use the eagle intake too, which supposedly outperforms the pre eagle intake. Of course you'll need a spacer to clear something... I think Hemmisary successfully modified an eagle intake to fit pre eagle block but he seems to have genius level engineering skills.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Not the block, the portion of the front timing cover where the temp sensor is.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would probably grab it.
    Curious how bad the crank is.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly it looks like I lost that deal. Naturally on my first available day to pick it up it sells before I can get there. The search continues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikotic View Post
    Sadly it looks like I lost that deal. Naturally on my first available day to pick it up it sells before I can get there. The search continues.

Oh i know how that goes all to well.
    Just do it at a car/swap meet. Found a new pairs of coil overs and a carb for a great price. Figured I would get them on the way out. Wrong, they gone.
    Oh well tho. Another deal well come up. I look it as this, now you know how you really feel about it haha