Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    Then you can probably rule out valve seals. I would think it would be rare for them all to leak the same.
    Have you looked at the pcv valve?
    As I said in Post No. 2, you can verify this by having a look into the intake plenum behind the throttle body. If it's puddling oil in there, that could be a clue that the PCV System is causing issues.

The plugs are "sooty"? Does that mean oily wet or dry and black? What kind (dino or synthetic) of oil is in it? I would think that, if you're using that much oil and it's up in the combustion area, they'd be pretty wet and not so "sooty". Just my thought!!!
    06 300CSRT8, Comp cammed, 85mm TB, HP/DS Tuners, 06 Jeep GCO and 05 Magnum RT (5.7's) both modded almost the same, MDS "ON" Lt, Fumoto Drain Valves, BT Catch Cans, SRT8 CAIs, AFE Filters, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC, DS and HP Tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvrs, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cams advanced (Jeep 6*/Maggie 10*), 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK and Arrington 90mm T-Bodies, SOS Ign Coils,TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same issue on my 06 charger 5.7 was rebuilt only cylinder 8 oil fouled the plugs
    I pulled the intake and #8 intake port on head was half full of oil
    I replaced pcv and intake gaskets and same thing
    is it possible for the intake to be cracked where the pcv is built into the intake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMax06 View Post
    I have the same issue on my 06 charger 5.7 was rebuilt only cylinder 8 oil fouled the plugs
    I pulled the intake and #8 intake port on head was half full of oil
    I replaced pcv and intake gaskets and same thing
    is it possible for the intake to be cracked where the pcv is built into the intake.
    I would think it more a valve seal issue. Oil leaking down the valve into the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    If the valve guides are too large, the seals are not enough to stop the oil from draining into the cylinders. Perhaps the valve guides were worn and the rebuilder didn't measure them?

Oil burning is so untypical for these engines. My 05 bought new burns less oil than any car I've ever bought and I've bought 60 or so. I bought the car new and it has 115k miles on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bad valve guides could be a real possibility. I've had the heads done on all 3 of my Hemi's, the two 5.7's mostly for new valve seats (one had just under 100K and the other had just over 100K) and the 6.1 (164K at the time) because I had them off when I replaced the cam and lifters, and all three needed a few valve guides. None were bad enough to cause any oil usage, but they were all out of tolerance. IMO, any time they're off for any reason, they (the heads) should be checked to potentially prevent future issues. I'd also check the valve lifters too any time the heads are off. Just my two cents.
    06 300CSRT8, Comp cammed, 85mm TB, HP/DS Tuners, 06 Jeep GCO and 05 Magnum RT (5.7's) both modded almost the same, MDS "ON" Lt, Fumoto Drain Valves, BT Catch Cans, SRT8 CAIs, AFE Filters, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC, DS and HP Tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvrs, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cams advanced (Jeep 6*/Maggie 10*), 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK and Arrington 90mm T-Bodies, SOS Ign Coils,TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info I will check that when I pull the heads I already had seats replaced during rebuild it smoked from first start up and was constantly smoking at take off from a light or if idled too long will post pic of plugs I pulled with 3500 miles on them and quarts of oil later it typically used 1 at a day 120 miles

Post Thanks / Like
    I will defiantly be checking the guides while I have them apart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12