Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I know enough to know you know a great deal of these engines. That said, while not with hemis I have seen intake seats drop out because the head got hot, and the cool fuel coming in past the intake seat keeps it cool and when there is not a lot of press, the seat falls out.
    Tom

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My above message was for Hemissary

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TomStark View Post
    Well I know enough to know you know a great deal of these engines. That said, while not with hemis I have seen intake seats drop out because the head got hot, and the cool fuel coming in past the intake seat keeps it cool and when there is not a lot of press, the seat falls out.
    Tom

I appreciate the compliment, thanks.

This is one of those things that the internet has emotionally latched onto and has developed legs of it's own (the act of reducing anxiety about valve seat failures :^)

Last edited by Hemissary; 02-15-2021 at 08:23 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Well my car is stock right now, so I'm probably better off with the stock temp thermostat I guess...

Post Thanks / Like
    Watch out for Hemissary, he's a pretty accurate sharp shooter.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Edelbrock E-Force 2300TVS 6.8 PSI, 450hp/459tq, Corsa CatBack, 3.06 Open Diff, Severe Duty Radiator, Dual Fans, OE Oil Cooler, Pursuit BR9 Brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got a call that the water pump is in!

I need to decide tonight (so I can order it in time) whether to get an OEM Mopar (203* T-stat $46.43CDN!!! or 2x as much from the dealer!!!) or a Stant 48799 (190* Superstat $12.28), or a Stant 46792 (203* Superstat $12.25) :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarusLSC View Post
    Finally got a call that the water pump is in!

I need to decide tonight (so I can order it in time) whether to get an OEM Mopar (203* T-stat $46.43CDN!!! or 2x as much from the dealer!!!) or a Stant 48799 (190* Superstat $12.28), or a Stant 46792 (203* Superstat $12.25) :(

If you're not going to alter fan on-temperature set points, stick with the 203F T-stat.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post

If you're not going to alter fan on-temperature set points, stick with the 203F T-stat.
    So do you think I should go with the Mopar or Stant Superstat then?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarusLSC View Post
    So do you think I should go with the Mopar or Stant Superstat then?
    Thanks
    Stant would be fine; just ensure it is identical structure-wise to the OEM. That is to say, there is a backside extension / plate that redirects flow to warm the engine up quicker.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been running a Stant SuperStat for 5 years now without issue. Can't say the same for Jet (didn't open at the proper temp during the boil test) and Motorad (was damaged out of the box). And Hemissary's correct, if you're not adjusting the fan settings via a tuning device then just stick with the stock 203F temp.
    FURIOUS FUCHSIA 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
    Mopar // SRT // Pursuit // LMI // Zoomers // Belanger // Diablosport // Hotchkis // PowerGrid Inc // REM // Petty's Garage // AAD // Syncro Design Works // Ridetech // Crank This! Performance-BFNY // Serious Metal Fab // Carbotech // Russell // Sabelt // Rennline // Joelvan // ATI Perf // Earl's // Improved Racing // B&M // AMG // Wavetrac // ZAutoTech // Saleen SMS // Speedhut // Black Cat Custom // WebElectric // Hurst

Post Thanks / Like
    k, I'll order a Stant Superstat for now. Thanks guys
    I almost fell over when the dealer called me and said the OEM stat was $91 CDN lol...

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the superstat. Where I see it differ is it doesn't cycle alot.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Edelbrock E-Force 2300TVS 6.8 PSI, 450hp/459tq, Corsa CatBack, 3.06 Open Diff, Severe Duty Radiator, Dual Fans, OE Oil Cooler, Pursuit BR9 Brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its in the dealer getting the water pump done finally. Sent it with a stock temp Superstat for them to put in too...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12