Post Thanks / Like

Cool Hellephant unleashed! 426 Hemi is official! 1000hp!

426 HELLEPHANT HAS LANDED! 1000HP HEMI! – The World's Fastest Hemi

Meet the hellephant, latest addition to a history of kicking ass! 1000hp and 950 ftlbs of torque, straight out the crate.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com
    Likes jjo, ChuckWagon, Big Dan, Slickawd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Now we're talking! Perfect motor swap for my 14 Ram 1500:-)
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely incredible, very impressive by Mopar to offer this to us. I wonder what Mark at Graveyard Carz will put it in.
    '06 Go ManGo Daytona #3586 AirHammer-JBA header&Hi-flow cats-Borla125, Diablo, SAMCO orange hoses, Auto headlights&Fogs 6k HID. Shroud is a fresh air scoop, block heater, Cop rims for winter, Daytona floor mats, hood shocks, cabin filter, RER Nav, calipers painted & labeled, blinker mod, leather center console, SRT8 hood/facia, all decals removed painted flat black in its place, F1 ceramic 35 tint, Paddle shifter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking the same for my '17.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Just towed a 7x12 enclosed trailer up to Maine for vacation last week. Had a Polaris 900 RZR inside...got 10mpg...would really like the extra oomph of that Heffalump motor...I mean Hellaphant lol....
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.

Post Thanks / Like
    el Heffalump...

I've been investigating installing a 6.2; transmission connectivity / control is the current blockage.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes agoristmike, ChuckWagon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    @hemissary, while it would be a pain, couldn't we 'trick' the pcm into thinking we have a manual, then use a manual valve body to swap in the a-8? I suppose if you were really dedicated to having it be 'automatic' you could do like a rpm switch with an airshift.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by agoristmike View Post
    @hemissary, while it would be a pain, couldn't we 'trick' the pcm into thinking we have a manual, then use a manual valve body to swap in the a-8? I suppose if you were really dedicated to having it be 'automatic' you could do like a rpm switch with an airshift.
    An A8 properly controlled through the PCM is really theonly (sane) path, given that transmission is already offered in the 1500 (I want to retain the 4x4 aspect / system). After calming down; sticking with the original plan of a more readily available Hellcat powertrain is the likely the course. This keeps the (OEM) transmission within the bounds of that particular power plant's output. The Track Hawk version also offers a similar path...

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I can keep my SRT forever and just do an engine swap one day.
    2015 Charger SRT 392. Powerstop Z26 pads, ZL1 rock guards, Husky floor mats, tint. Lovin' it!