Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOSRT View Post
    He is overseas. Not to sure you want to be shipping a motor back for warranty work.
    Depends, I'm not sure how you would handle that. I'm sure the location is part of the issue here.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AvantSRT8 View Post
    You reassembled it with their permission or did it on your own?

I'm assuming you know its fairly standard procedure to void a warranty if you break into a new engine.
    haha for engine shipped outside US no warranties.
    So i'm screwed . & yeah they knew that . I did that because
    even with their tune I heared engine noise which turned out to
    be pistons overheating. To prevent this to happen again I purchased
    custom radiater & using race fuel which they neglacted to mention which fuel to use
    & they assured me engine will work fine with our weather.
    They promised engine should be 700 at crank & I'm talking about engine
    that I didnt even driven it over 2000km........
    I'm tuning & wot it now only in dyno.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, you over heated a known un warrantied engine during a break in period. Thats what I got from what you just stated.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah piston overheated during engine break in .

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch!
    Click this link to see Photobucket images again!

Follow White Ops R/T on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moayed View Post
    Yeah piston overheated during engine break in .

I'm no engine builder, but I'd guess that a good place to start looking for issues.

How much oil does this engine burn?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    So, you over heated a known un warrantied engine during a break in period. Thats what I got from what you just stated.
    Why are you giving the guy a hard time and completely disregarding Arrington on this? He has every right to be disappointed with where he is. Those are crappy numbers. Arrington is reputable, but mistakes are made and the issue "could be" theirs. You don't need to keep leading your questions and statements searching to prove HE made the mistake. His posts do not seem to be trolling at all, as that would be different.

No matter how beloved a vendor is on here if we are a true club, even if internet only, if someone has an issue they should have the right to speak their piece. You don't have to agree with it, but you don't have to go out of your way to shoot them down as fools either.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, just giving my two cents. 99 people could have a great experience from them and the 100th person could very well have a crappy one. Doesn't mean Arrington is a bad company, just means he's had a bad experience with them. It happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by texasraider View Post
    Why are you giving the guy a hard time and completely disregarding Arrington on this? He has every right to be disappointed with where he is. Those are crappy numbers. Arrington is reputable, but mistakes are made and the issue "could be" theirs. You don't need to keep leading your questions and statements searching to prove HE made the mistake. His posts do not seem to be trolling at all, as that would be different.

No matter how beloved a vendor is on here if we are a true club, even if internet only, if someone has an issue they should have the right to speak their piece. You don't have to agree with it, but you don't have to go out of your way to shoot them down as fools either.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, just giving my two cents. 99 people could have a great experience from them and the 100th person could very well have a crappy one. Doesn't mean Arrington is a bad company, just means he's had a bad experience with them. It happens.

Trying to get info out the guy as to exactly what happened is a bad thing?

I'm not laying blame on this guy or API, nor do I care who is to blame because well never get full story, but this is more of a fact fishing expedition because I'd like to get some actual details beyond "my motor only put out XXX and Arrington won't help me." That could be due to a 1000 different issues, non of which are API's doing.

4 posts into it and we already found out he overheated it off the lift from the install and rebuilt it. You think maybe that's some important info that should have been in the first post?
    My next question would be, did he use the same old "overheated" pistons/rings/non inspected or machined bores when he reassembled it?

And of course it sucks for this guy and I feel bad for him. Doesn't mean he should get a pass for conveying a 1/4 of the story if he wants to publically pressure a vendor into fixing an issue that may or may not be their fault.

And if you really wanted this to be a "true club", you'd want to require every member to post the entire story out in the open, from post #1, not the halfassed attempt at what amounts to a ****ty Yelp review we see here.
    Last edited by AvantSRT8; 08-21-2015 at 01:48 PM.
    Mike

Thanks 1FST4DR thanked for this post
    Likes 1FST4DR liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by texasraider View Post

Arrington enjoys a great reputation on this forum for engine building. I personally know many of the members here that beat on the their API strokers constantly (including myself) and their engines keep plowing along without issue for 10s of thousands of miles....While their engines do have great reputation their service reputation has been somewhat bumpy.....I can personally attest to that..

With all the above said I do not put much credit in what someone says about a vendor when they join this or other forums for the sole reason to complain about the vendor...I am not saying the OP has not had a bad experience I am just saying there are other ways for him to vent his frustration. To me when a new member's first post is a complaint it is like someone walking up to a group of friends and saying one of the friends in the group has done him wrong....does the group believe the stranger or take up for the group member?....

NOTE: The OP deleted his first post and re-wrote it after I posted this. His re-write corrected the issues I noted above.
    Last edited by TNCHARGER; 08-22-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all I'm not here to dress the issue or complain. I'm just writing up my experiance. If you look into my 1st post I didnt insult them. I know If i wasn't oversees they would solve the problem. I've done everything they asked me to do.
    They were with me every each step in installation & things I need. Answers my calls, email & send me tunes for the car. Offer me solutions but it wasn't enough & the engine power wasn't what they promised me it will be. While I was data logging for them for 7th try tune. Somthing in the engine happened & I heared noises. I thought its lifter noise so I had to re-assemble the engine & see what went wrong. From 1st tune engine wasnt producing any power. Now I don't trust them. I don't even want their help they completely failed me.
    They as a company before sending things to customers they should be assured of their engines & products
    p.s : I even used oil they told me to that how deep i was with them .
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not asking any one to believe me or not . I want to share my experience with them & to be careful
    everyone make mistakes even if they are good. Somthing was wrong in engine from begining

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest I have requested to remove this post from morning but still not removed .......
    i'm so frustrated with them :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to get info out the guy as to exactly what happened is a bad thing?

I'm not laying blame on this guy or API, nor do I care who is to blame because well never get full story, but this is more of a fact fishing expedition because I'd like to get some actual details beyond "my motor only put out XXX and Arrington won't help me." That could be due to a 1000 different issues, non of which are API's doing.

4 posts into it and we already found out he overheated it off the lift from the install and rebuilt it. You think maybe that's some important info that should have been in the first post?
    My next question would be, did he use the same old "overheated" pistons/rings/non inspected or machined bores when he reassembled it?

And of course it sucks for this guy and I feel bad for him. Doesn't mean he should get a pass for conveying a 1/4 of the story if he wants to publically pressure a vendor into fixing an issue that may or may not be their fault.

And if you really wanted this to be a "true club", you'd want to require every member to post the entire story out in the open, from post #1, not the halfassed attempt at what amounts to a ****ty Yelp review we see here.
    I think your just coming across as "since the guy is over seas, he has no idea what he is talking about". He seems pretty knowledgeable and it sounds like he is left with no other place to go but to post his displeasure here. Other then that, I hope he and Arrington can come to a resolution.
    Likes texasraider, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Baddest Experiance from ShopHemi

Quote Originally Posted by NOSRT View Post
    I think your just coming across as "since the guy is over seas, he has no idea what he is talking about". He seems pretty knowledgeable and it sounds like he is left with no other place to go but to post his displeasure here. Other then that, I hope he and Arrington can come to a resolution.
    Actually that's not how I approached this at all.
    But there is a whole lot of "I think" being stated in his posts though, and that's not exactly convincing when laying unequivocal blame on someone.

Moayed, sorry, did not intend to come off like a dick and wish you nothing but luck. Hopefully Arrington throws some goodwill your way. It'd be a great PR move for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike

Likes 6Shooter, texasraider liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually that's not how I approached this at all.
    But there is a whole lot of "I think" being stated in his posts though, and that's not exactly convincing when laying unequivocal blame on someone.

Moayed, sorry, did not intend to come off like a dick and wish you nothing but luck. Hopefully Arrington throws some goodwill your way. It'd be a great PR move for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    haha its okay i dont mind asking questions
    I even requested to delete this post since
    it seems it will create many diff opinions
    & I did it out of anger.
    It just many of my friends ordered engines from different companies & they
    did have problems like mine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread