Manton Pushrods

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sunset Mesa, CA
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thread for when you hit a new PB

    Hey All.

    Saw we had a bunch of different threads for PBs, wondered if it might make sense to have one where we could all just chime in/add on when we hit a PB.

    I'll take a shot at kicking it off -

    Recently upgraded to a standalone 8-rib belt system for the Whipple with a 3.125 pulley, a 102mm TB, a return for the fuel system and catless mids. Updated setup dyno-ed at 812 horses/763 torques.

    Hit the track yesterday and after a few dial in passes, hit a PB of 10.414/137.78 MPH. Ran a little slower on the next pass, but managed to land a PB 60' and 1/8 - 1.568/6.768, respectively.

    All in all, a fun and satisfying day out.

    Psyched to hear other folks' fast times and what got them there.
    06 BB MSRT8 : Forged 393/2.9L Whipple w/ Stand-Alone 8-Rib Belt, 3" Pulley, 20 PSI/Cam & Heads/102mm TB/Ice Box/Fore Dual-Pump Fueling System, E85/1300cc Injectors/SHR War Viking/ProTorque TC - 3000 Stall/DSS Driveshaft & Axles/3.55 Wavetrac LSD/Mopar TCM/JBA Mids/Lakewoods - 50/50 Rear, 70/30 Front/Demon Killer Springs/Power Stop Rotors and Z26 Pads/Race Star Drag Stars - 17 x 9.5 Rear, 17 x 4.5 Fronts/Hoosier Bias-Ply - 28 x 10 - 17 Slicks, 27.5 x 4.5 - 17 Fronts

    818 HP/784 TQ/10.101 @ 137.64 MPH



    Instagram : @fivedoorhemi
    Thanks ronan978 thanked for this post
    Likes ronan978 liked this post



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, this last summer was lame for me with racing as we just purchased a new house and have been nothing but busy with renovations since.
    Any way , summer of 17’ with the 16’ charger scatpack I managed a PB of 11.88 @ 117 w/ 1.64 60’. The car had long tubes , 88mm tb, and lmi along 18” wheels and 555r.
    The end of last year I decided to start from the bottom and build up so I went ahead and ordered a 392 based 426 from bbp and had installed and tuned by true street performance and Aj. Also pnp arrington phase4 heads and custom grind camshaft. Along with same mods as previous 392. Come springtime I hoping for some new pb’s for the car and to get some baseline numbers for progression.
    This is a great idea for a thread , I’ll be glad to report back


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes scatpackKC, 5DR HEMI liked this post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    So, this last summer was lame for me with racing as we just purchased a new house and have been nothing but busy with renovations since.
    Any way , summer of 17’ with the 16’ charger scatpack I managed a PB of 11.88 @ 117 w/ 1.64 60’. The car had long tubes , 88mm tb, and lmi along 18” wheels and 555r.
    The end of last year I decided to start from the bottom and build up so I went ahead and ordered a 392 based 426 from bbp and had installed and tuned by true street performance and Aj. Also pnp arrington phase4 heads and custom grind camshaft. Along with same mods as previous 392. Come springtime I hoping for some new pb’s for the car and to get some baseline numbers for progression.
    This is a great idea for a thread , I’ll be glad to report back


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you goin to Mshs Georgia ??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like
    7.50 @93 at the local 1/8th mile.

    18’ Charger scat pack with hellcat intake that’s it.
    wouldve netted me close to a 11.70 in the 1/4.
    very happy with it being a stock car on a tire.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sunset Mesa, CA
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great night out at Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield, CA.

    Recently added Lakewood drag shocks - 50/50 rears and 70/30 fronts - and turned my boost up approximately 1 PSI - my gauge tonight read a peak of 20 PSI even - and the results were big gains in 60', 1/8 and 1/4 (by more than .3 sec).

    New PBs are -

    60' - 1.514
    1/8 - 6.511
    ET - 10.101

    Dying to figure out a way into the 9s.
    06 BB MSRT8 : Forged 393/2.9L Whipple w/ Stand-Alone 8-Rib Belt, 3" Pulley, 20 PSI/Cam & Heads/102mm TB/Ice Box/Fore Dual-Pump Fueling System, E85/1300cc Injectors/SHR War Viking/ProTorque TC - 3000 Stall/DSS Driveshaft & Axles/3.55 Wavetrac LSD/Mopar TCM/JBA Mids/Lakewoods - 50/50 Rear, 70/30 Front/Demon Killer Springs/Power Stop Rotors and Z26 Pads/Race Star Drag Stars - 17 x 9.5 Rear, 17 x 4.5 Fronts/Hoosier Bias-Ply - 28 x 10 - 17 Slicks, 27.5 x 4.5 - 17 Fronts

    818 HP/784 TQ/10.101 @ 137.64 MPH



    Instagram : @fivedoorhemi

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 5DR HEMI View Post
    Great night out at Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield, CA.

    Recently added Lakewood drag shocks - 50/50 rears and 70/30 fronts - and turned my boost up approximately 1 PSI - my gauge tonight read a peak of 20 PSI even - and the results were big gains in 60', 1/8 and 1/4 (by more than .3 sec).

    New PBs are -

    60' - 1.514
    1/8 - 6.511
    ET - 10.101

    Dying to figure out a way into the 9s.
    Those are awesome runs brother!!!! Congratulations!!!! Have you done any weight reduction? Seems like a diet sure does help these boats!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sunset Mesa, CA
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    Those are awesome runs brother!!!! Congratulations!!!! Have you done any weight reduction? Seems like a diet sure does help these boats!
    Thanks, Man. Really appreciate that. I am still 100% full weight, full interior, daily driver, haul the kids to school/soccer/ice cream.

    To me - and I respect all opinions - a big part of the fun of having a fast Magnum (which is heavy and old and totally impractical as a race car) is that all of the Magnum is still there. Just makes it that much more fun/ridiculous. And that much more fun when you smoke Hellcats
    06 BB MSRT8 : Forged 393/2.9L Whipple w/ Stand-Alone 8-Rib Belt, 3" Pulley, 20 PSI/Cam & Heads/102mm TB/Ice Box/Fore Dual-Pump Fueling System, E85/1300cc Injectors/SHR War Viking/ProTorque TC - 3000 Stall/DSS Driveshaft & Axles/3.55 Wavetrac LSD/Mopar TCM/JBA Mids/Lakewoods - 50/50 Rear, 70/30 Front/Demon Killer Springs/Power Stop Rotors and Z26 Pads/Race Star Drag Stars - 17 x 9.5 Rear, 17 x 4.5 Fronts/Hoosier Bias-Ply - 28 x 10 - 17 Slicks, 27.5 x 4.5 - 17 Fronts

    818 HP/784 TQ/10.101 @ 137.64 MPH



    Instagram : @fivedoorhemi

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sunset Mesa, CA
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ran in a pretty cool event at Irwindale Dragstrip tonight - a best two out of three match race against an opponent with a very similar ET. Was matched up against a 68 Nova with a 427. We both run approx a 6.5 1/8th, but in very different ways, which made for some cool races.

    This was both of our first time on pro trees and neither of us distinguished ourselves.

    Race one, he treed me and beat me all down the slip besides MPH.

    Second race was a hero pass for me, setting a bunch of new 1/8th PBs-

    60' - 1.482
    330 - 4.232
    1/8 - 6.484
    MPH - 109.31

    Funny enough, even though I bested his reaction tome by .007, be beat me in 60' and 330 and I needed a big back end to earn me the 6.484 to his 6.506 and light the light.

    Third race was exciting because I needed a hole shot to beat him - he ran a 6.478 to my 6.489, but my .239 RT vs his .316 was enough to win the race and the match.

    Like this format, would definitely want to do it again sometime.
    Last edited by 5DR HEMI; 06-23-2019 at 05:38 AM.
    06 BB MSRT8 : Forged 393/2.9L Whipple w/ Stand-Alone 8-Rib Belt, 3" Pulley, 20 PSI/Cam & Heads/102mm TB/Ice Box/Fore Dual-Pump Fueling System, E85/1300cc Injectors/SHR War Viking/ProTorque TC - 3000 Stall/DSS Driveshaft & Axles/3.55 Wavetrac LSD/Mopar TCM/JBA Mids/Lakewoods - 50/50 Rear, 70/30 Front/Demon Killer Springs/Power Stop Rotors and Z26 Pads/Race Star Drag Stars - 17 x 9.5 Rear, 17 x 4.5 Fronts/Hoosier Bias-Ply - 28 x 10 - 17 Slicks, 27.5 x 4.5 - 17 Fronts

    818 HP/784 TQ/10.101 @ 137.64 MPH



    Instagram : @fivedoorhemi
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just ran my totally stock 167,000 mile 05 Magnum R/T. I do have tall 265/60/18 rear tires that don't help gear ratio, and it was 95° out. Went 14.80@93. Far from a PB. But I wanted a baseline before the mods start.
    Last edited by bednar1320; 09-10-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •