Manton Pushrods

Post Thanks / Like

3rd tuner got me

I spoke with three well known tuners. I was trying to improve on my 13.0 @ 110 from my 2006 300 Srt8. First two said something along the lines of can't do much if anything. The diablosport for that year has a pretty good canned tune. Well tuner number three promised great things and in my quest for a 12 second timeslip I shelled out the money. Tonight I was thoroughly disappointed when my et and mph were within .01 sec avg and .10 mph avg! What did I spend that money for when my 93 cai tune did the same as the "expert" tune! There goes a third of my money I could have spent on a torque converter. Lesson learned I guess

Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks but, there are a lot of variables. Any free revisions?

Mopar CAI, Mopar Performance Torque Converter, MTCM, Tranzformer, 170 stat, Diablo 93 CAI tune + 5% fuel, RT Junkey’s ESP Mod, JBA shorties, cat delete thru Thrush Rattlers, UPR Catch Can, Eibach lowering springs, Mopar rear diffuser, Mopar front chin, Hurst T handle. 07 AWD Charger RT.

Thanks Srtgreat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickawd View Post
    That sucks but, there are a lot of variables. Any free revisions?
    My understanding was free revisions with additional bolt ons. Have to see. I only pulled the high end on 3rd gear where before I shifted into 4th. I knew it was going to be slower.

Post Thanks / Like
    4th in the 1/4? With a SRT?
    I did a run on the expressway tonight hit it at 50, dropped to second climed to 70 hit third and shoved me back in the seat and really started pulling. Seemed like it just wanted more. Car did not shift till I let out at 100. With these 5.7 and 6.1 motors with the Nag1, I would think third would take you through the 1/4. I really don’t drive the car hard too often but, I know it’s there If I want it.

Mopar CAI, Mopar Performance Torque Converter, MTCM, Tranzformer, 170 stat, Diablo 93 CAI tune + 5% fuel, RT Junkey’s ESP Mod, JBA shorties, cat delete thru Thrush Rattlers, UPR Catch Can, Eibach lowering springs, Mopar rear diffuser, Mopar front chin, Hurst T handle. 07 AWD Charger RT.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I had my 3.06 gears in, I would shift in 4th right at the 1/4 mile line, shift points at 6400rpm.

To the OP, launch is everything. One tenth of a second off your 60 foot times equals two tenths at the end. Tires, launch technique, weather...it all plays a roll. Practice is what it's all about.

What is your launch technique? What tires are you running? Tire pressures? Are you heating them up in the burnout box?
    There's plenty of folks in here that can help you improve with what you have, but practice and consistency are key.
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.
    Likes Slickawd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWagon View Post
    When I had my 3.06 gears in, I would shift in 4th right at the 1/4 mile line, shift points at 6400rpm.

To the OP, launch is everything. One tenth of a second off your 60 foot times equals two tenths at the end. Tires, launch technique, weather...it all plays a roll. Practice is what it's all about.

What is your launch technique? What tires are you running? Tire pressures? Are you heating them up in the burnout box?
    There's plenty of folks in here that can help you improve with what you have, but practice and consistency are key.
    I launch with the rpm at 1500. I use M/T et street r's 305 45 18 with 20 psi. I just haze the tires. Best 60 foot is 1.97

Sent from my SM-G955U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    I check my runs agains the DA I run at and correct the et and mph to sea level also

Sent from my SM-G955U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    bring the MTs down to 17 psi
    2010 Detonator Yellow Challenger
    "DETONATOR"
    2006 Charger R/T,[B] FRI 392 [B]
    "Daddys Toy" Hemi Rgeisrty#556

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWagon View Post

I never tracked the car just thought you would finish at the top of third.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was shifting into 4th right...and I mean right...on the 1/4 beam....my 3.09's I have now, plus having adjusted my shift points to 6800rpms, I shift into 4th just after the beam. I knew I was losing a tenth or so with the shift happening and my personal best, on street tires has been 1.82 sixty foot and 11.94@118mph. Was running Cam2 race fuel at the time and look forward to MS109 this year. Still on street tires though...sigh....danged shallow pockets.
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.