Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Basic track mods on my RT are shocking good at ICAR Motorsport

I was pleasantly surprise by my R/T STP at the track.
    After changing the basics; Track rotors & Pads, SRF brake fluid AND some Michelin PSS tires, I really came about 3 seconds close to my best lap from my Camaro SS 1LE Gen5 time at this track. I'm pretty impressed with it. A good balanced car!
    Here's the Full Track Session video:
    https://youtu.be/b-_onGmUna8

I Managed to pull a 1.2 lateral G's to top it!

Likes Ron380, SCOTT57RT, Jay Z, trippytro liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this an advertisement?
    Last edited by Hemissary; 09-10-2019 at 08:28 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope! Real hard road course driving with a 2016 Challenger R/T

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
    Nope! Real hard driving with a 2016 Challenger R/T
    The STP must really add some good benefit. I have a regular R/T plus and before i did the suspension mods, she handles like a LAV. Im talking like tire squeel at 25-30mph going up onramps. Its amazing what just a set if wheels and tires can do
    Likes Mikamaro liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trippytro View Post
    The STP must really add some good benefit. I have a regular R/T plus and before i did the suspension mods, she handles like a LAV. Im talking like tire squeel at 25-30mph going up onramps. Its amazing what just a set if wheels and tires can do
    The STP is really on par with what GM provides with the ''1LE'' package. It brings the Bilstein shock from the Scat pack and lower/stiffer springs, LSD, HD pads, the performances pages and a few other goodies… It's does not drive like a no STP car for sure, it was the best $395 option on this car.

Post Thanks / Like
    The STP is really on par with what GM provides with the ''1LE'' package. It brings the Bilstein shock from the Scat pack and lower/stiffer springs, LSD, HD pads, the performances pages and a few other goodies… It's does not drive like a no STP car for sure, it was the best $395 option on this car.
    Comparing it to a 1LE is kind of a stretch. The chassis on those cars are engineered a lot better for handling and the 1LE package give you the brembos, much lighter weight, aero? Personally i think dodge has some catching up to do in the performance handling dept on a non-widebody. Brembos were a really good step that way they started adding on R/T’s.

Either way good show, start building that suspension of yours and you even outlap some slowmaros!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd agree it is a lot of value for the money, but the tires on a new 1LE perform worlds better, the eLSD is a completely different animal, 6 pots, MRC....there really is not comparison to a 1LE package. Especially considering a WB Scat Pack still doesn't equal the performance of a base SS now. Now if you are solely making this comparison on 5th gen 1LE, the tires on that car are still way better than anything you can get from Dodge. Like your results show, a real set of performance tires make a huge difference on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by trippytro View Post
    Comparing it to a 1LE is kind of a stretch. The chassis on those cars are engineered a lot better for handling and the 1LE package give you the brembos, much lighter weight, aero? Personally i think dodge has some catching up to do in the performance handling dept on a non-widebody. Brembos were a really good step that way they started adding on R/T’s.

Either way good show, start building that suspension of yours and you even outlap some slowmaros!
    Agreed, but even the WB Scat Pack cars still can't overcome the weight and lack of true performance tires. This doesn't mean they are slouches, just obvious Dodge really isn't trying to complete with a true track car. Which is probably for the better because no one really buys track cars. Probably will sell 2 to 3 Hellcats for every 1LE/PP2/PP3 Camaro or Mustang.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    Right, the 6gen 1LE are a far leap above the R/T STP but I was referring to the Generation 5 Camaro from 2013-2015, those 1LE just had suspension tuning, tires and a rear gears over the SS.
    Last edited by Mikamaro; 09-13-2019 at 10:21 AM.