Thread: Adding Sirius

Post Thanks / Like

Adding Sirius

So I have an ‘06 Magnum with the Rak radio. Want to add Sirius. Just picked up a Sirius module off eBay. Is there a special cable that connects to the back of the radio? Seems like the antenna connection is standard so I’m not concerned so much about that. TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    The wiring goes from the module in the back of the car, along the driver side and up behind the plastic to a white plug just beside the hood release. That white plug is already connected to the rest of the radio wiring. You will need to find someone parting out a car or hit your local junkyard to get the wiring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blast! Well, worst case I’ll pull it from my ‘05. I suspect finding a junkyard one will be difficult

Post Thanks / Like
    Rockhound, where in the back is the module? Is it with the spare and battery?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by afiggis View Post
    Rockhound, where in the back is the module? Is it with the spare and battery?
    It is not there but it is nearby. It is in the trunk but behind the side 'carpet' on the driver side. Did you get the bracket with your module? The bracket has tabs that hang it on the mounting place behind the carpet and two screws hold it in place. If your car didn't come with Sirius from the factory, the 'j-nuts' will not be there for the screws to screw into. You can use any nuts and bolts, but those j-nuts make it easy.