Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I confirmed the 2009-2014 5.7 awd driveshaft front half slides right into the rear half of the 05-08 AWD driveshaft. Once the output shaft on the transmission is cut down, everything should fit together with a few shorter transfer case bolts. Then I have to figure out the 5V switched setup to activate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jefo View Post
    So I confirmed the 2009-2014 5.7 awd driveshaft front half slides right into the rear half of the 05-08 AWD driveshaft. Once the output shaft on the transmission is cut down, everything should fit together with a few shorter transfer case bolts. Then I have to figure out the 5V switched setup to activate it.
    Any chance you could manufacture a spacer?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Just completed the swap. Using a switch with 12V to turn the clutch on and off. Tested it on jack stands, and so far so good!

So total parts needed: Front half of rear 2009-2014 awd 5.7 driveshaft (slip onto rear portion of your current driveshaft), 2009-2014 5.7 transfer case, extra transfer case to trans bolts, cut ~1" off the end of the transmission output shaft, and a way to switch the clutch on and off (I chose a 12v on-off switch).

I'd also recommended to check the gear on the trans that slides into the transfer case for wear/play. The nut was loose on mine and the splines/gear was worn, so I swapped on a lower mile gear and torqued it to spec with sealer on the splines and restaked the nut.
    Likes Lowlife44 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you taken a test drive?
    Any binding when the transfer case is inactive? Or active?

Did you machine the trans shaft?

Any issue using the oe front shaft?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to drive it soon. It wont chatter in 2wd as I can turn the driveshaft by hand, but I'm sure it will chatter just like a 4wd setup with the 12v switched on.

I used a cutoff wheel to cut the end of the shaft off.

The front driveshaft is the same from 2005-2014.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Share This Thread