Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2nd Gen AWD Suspension/Handling Upgrades

2nd Gen (2011-2014) ALL WHEEL DRIVE Vehicles ONLY

I wanted to get a concensus on some information spread throughout several different threads, into one thread... I will update this original post as input and info is confirmed, so all info is in one unified, easy-to-find post.

I have a 2013 R/T AWD Charger

For the AWD platform:

REAR SWAY BARS
    - the rear sway bar is the same as the RWD model, and thus can be upgraded, however this requires dropping the rear cradle (Hotchkis, Whiteline, Petty's Garage, Eibach, etc)

Whiteline: Whiteline Adjustable Rear Swaybar 05-15 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum

Eibach: Eibach Rear Sway Bar: Chrysler 300 / Dodge Charger 2011 - 2019

Hotchkis: appears that rear bar is not sold separately

Petty's: Petty's Garage Adjustable Rear Sway Bar

Pursuit: 16mm Heavy Duty Rear Sway Bar Components :
    BAR-REAR SUSPENSION*
    Part#: 68184227AA*

Dodge Charger Police Sway Bar Upgrade Kit Rear (Part No: POLICEREARSWYUPGD)

BUSHING-STABILIZER BAR*
    Part#: 68217935AA x2

FRONT SWAY BARS I am unaware of any compatible front sway bar upgrade aside from maybe the stock pursuit 32mm sway bar? (Not confirmed)

Pursuit: Heavy Duty Front Sway Bar Components*
    BAR-FRONT*
    Part#: 68206426AA
    Links and Bushings are the same as Standard*

Dodge Charger Police Sway Bar Upgrade Kit Front (Part No: POLICEFRNTSWYUPGD)

END LINKS
    - Have not been able to confirm compatible sway bar end links for AWD aside from Moog and Mevotech factory replacements (better than stock?)
    2013 DODGE CHARGER 5.7L V8 Stabilizer Bar Link | RockAuto

SUPER TRACK PACK
    - STP suspension upgrade is not compatible

COILOVERS
    - Coilovers options include: BC https://www.bcracing-na.com/product/...d=p3293-c24861

SHOCKS/STRUTS
    - Any other brand shocks/struts for improved performance?
    - Possibly Pursuit factory equipment is upgrade?
    Police (SDB) Heavy Duty Front Shocks
    Part# 68224774AB Left*
    Part# 68224774AB Right

Police (SDB) Heavy Duty Rear Shocks
    Part# 68230100AA Left/Right

SHOCK/STRUT BRACES
    - Front and rear shock/strut braces are same for RWD and AWD (Speedlogix, Mopar, Petty's)

http://www.speedlogixstore.com/category-s/2214.htm

https://pettys-garage.myshopify.com/...ns/brand-parts

SUBFRAME CONNECTORS
    - Subframe connector same for RWD and AWD
    Speedlogix: http://www.speedlogixstore.com/produ...x-306-5014.htm

Please add your input on what else is available, and what has or hasn't worked for your AWD's.

Thanks fellas
    Last edited by codycat91; 05-03-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    Thanks MaxHeadroom thanked for this post
    Likes MaxHeadroom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I can help you here as I have done a lot of different things and can tell you what I think works best. I did Eibach front and rear bars and Bwoody sway bar links they are both way better than stock. Then I would go with BC racing coilovers all around and lower the car some. To further this do Mopar front and rear strut bars and poly steering rack bushings it will be like riding on rails which is awesome thing for the size and weight of these cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by moros323 View Post
    Ok I can help you here as I have done a lot of different things and can tell you what I think works best. I did Eibach front and rear bars and Bwoody sway bar links they are both way better than stock. Then I would go with BC racing coilovers all around and lower the car some. To further this do Mopar front and rear strut bars and poly steering rack bushings it will be like riding on rails which is awesome thing for the size and weight of these cars.
    Awesome. Can you post a link to the AWD sway bars and end links you used?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by codycat91 View Post
    Awesome. Can you post a link to the AWD sway bars and end links you used?
    Sorry my bad completely I did not see that you had an AWD I feel stupid now lol I was speaking about rear wheel drive. I will see if I can find anything for you...The BC coilovers will still work and they make a big difference also the strut bars should still work.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered the solid pursuit awd sway bar a couple weeks ago. Coming in this friday and hoping to install this weekend if im able.

Strut tower braces should all fit as far as im aware as the engine bay isnt as different as the undercarriage.

Dont give me credit for the following list as i stole this from another forum, a list of all upgrades available for the pursuit package:

Heavy Duty Front Sway Bar Components*
    BAR-FRONT*

Heavy Duty Rear Sway Bar Components :
    BAR-REAR SUSPENSION*

BUSHING-STABILIZER BAR*

Part# 68224774AB Left*
    Part# 68224774AB Right

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlaman View Post
    I ordered the solid pursuit awd sway bar a couple weeks ago. Coming in this friday and hoping to install this weekend if im able.

Strut tower braces should all fit as far as im aware as the engine bay isnt as different as the undercarriage.

Dont give me credit for the following list as i stole this from another forum, a list of all upgrades available for the pursuit package:

Heavy Duty Front Sway Bar Components*
    BAR-FRONT*

Heavy Duty Rear Sway Bar Components :
    BAR-REAR SUSPENSION*

BUSHING-STABILIZER BAR*

Part# 68224774AB Left*
    Part# 68224774AB Right

Hope this helps.
    That's great, definitely let us know how the sway bar works out. And interesting that the pursuit shocks and struts are also different. Do we know the amount of difference or technical specifications of the pursuit vs standard? I'll def be looking into that
    Last edited by codycat91; 05-01-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Little tidbit per Dodge website, the front strut for a 2013 AWD with Touring Suspension is 68072068AG and Sport Suspension is 68192734AB. Im curious as to how much a difference the sport upgrade makes over touring, and also curious to find out exactly what I have.

EDIT: Just looked up my window sticker, it says I have normal duty suspension, which I'm assuming means touring.

To look up your window sticker, replace the X's with your Vin: "https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=XXXXX"
    Last edited by codycat91; 05-01-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i got the new pursuit bar(68206426AA) installed with fresh end links and bushings.
    Takes corners so much more level now. I didnt push it too much since im on crappy all season tires and it was rainy and semi slick in minneapolis this evening.
    But first impressions are good, and will romp around a bit more aggressively when the road conditions are better and let ya know my full thoughts/comparisons of familiar corner mph differences.

Install took me about 3 hours just using jack stands.

should have been 1.5 but i had to go pick up an impact wrench as i thought the sway bar links wouldnt be to bad without it..
    i was mistaken :-)

Cheers,
    ~M

Post Thanks / Like
    Well i got the new pursuit bar(68206426AA) installed with fresh end links and bushings.
    Takes corners so much more level now. I didnt push it too much since im on crappy all season tires and it was rainy and semi slick in minneapolis this evening.
    But first impressions are good, and will romp around a bit more aggressively when the road conditions are better and let ya know my full thoughts/comparisons of familiar corner mph differences.

Install took me about 3 hours just using jack stands.

should have been 1.5 but i had to go pick up an impact wrench as i thought the sway bar links wouldnt be to bad without it..
    i was mistaken :-)

Cheers,
    ~M
    Sounds promising! Keep us posted

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey man i am in Rosemount and hang out with Frozen North LX. If you wanna meet up some time let me know!
    2014 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi AWD - Whipple Supercharged 9psi - Diablo I3 tune by Johan - Getrag LSD. BC Racing Coilovers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm interested in how it turns out too Marlaman, esp the sway bars, sounds nice!
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the Eibach sway bar kit and for the RWD and used the stock sway bar bushings slightly trimmed on the inner edge and it fits great.
    I have a 2011 AWD 300c hemi.

Post Thanks / Like
    So i am absolutely loving this sway bar. Even on the 110k old factory suspension and all season tires im riding on its a big improvement. Now i need some summer meats! (and soon AT LEAST a refresh on the rest of the suspension!)

RTdaddy, i'd love to take you up on that offer! ...and also get your thoughts on the BC racing coilovers. Ive been tempted, but am weary due to the wonderful road conditions in MN and having my RT ride any lower...
    Anyway im right off 62 near Edina, and free most weekends, so shoot me a pm sometime and we can meet up and share notes!
    Cheers guys,
    ~M

Post Thanks / Like

BC Coilovers

So i am absolutely loving this sway bar. Even on the 110k old factory suspension and all season tires im riding on its a big improvement. Now i need some summer meats! (and soon AT LEAST a refresh on the rest of the suspension!)

RTdaddy, i'd love to take you up on that offer! ...and also get your thoughts on the BC racing coilovers. Ive been tempted, but am weary due to the wonderful road conditions in MN and having my RT ride any lower...
    Anyway im right off 62 near Edina, and free most weekends, so shoot me a pm sometime and we can meet up and share notes!
    Cheers guys,
    ~M

I have a set of BC Coil overs with 20 miles on them for sale, I changed the direction I was going and I'm installing Accuair E Level Air suspension.

The Front have Swift Spring upgrade.

These are for 2011 AWD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast