Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    quick question, has the front hub assembly changed for new model years? the reason I ask is that I noticed that the newer cars don't have a spindle nut. See picture its hard to tell from that angle but there is no dust cap and no nut at all. I guess the procedure is different for this type of bearing/hub assembly?

Replace Front Hub Bearing Assembly (RWD)-new_bearing-jpg
    Last edited by kevman; 01-29-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can confirm on my 2012 its definitely different. Not sure how it would be easily removed for a change, I guess I'll find out at some point lol...

Post Thanks / Like
    Replaced both of the front wheel hub assemblies on my 2013 Charger SRT8 Super Bee last night (only 50k miles on the car). The steps were just as the OP described on my car, with the spindle nut accessible after carefully removing the dust cap. The passenger side was bad and there was a bit of grease on and outside of the spindle nut where this side went bad. I used Timken assemblies off Amazon. Thanks for this write-up SuperFrawgie1361 . This job was quick and easy. I was going to replace the brake rotors and pads, too, but the stock ones still have a TON of life left.

When I was researching doing this job online, there seems to be 2 types of assemblies used on different years and models/trim. One like this one with the spindle nut, and another like kevman posted above with a flange. Just make sure you get the right part(s) for your specific model.

As a side note, my old torque wrench only went to 150 lb ft, so I bought a new one and am completely impressed by it. I wish I had bought this YEARS ago. A Precision Instruments C
    3FR250F, wow, what a GREAT tool!
    Last edited by BuckeyeBOSS; 07-14-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    1969 Mustang SportsRoof | 545 cid | Dark Red
    2013 Super Bee | K&N CAI, Corsa, Dyno Tune (426 rwhp 444 rwtq) | Black

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Share This Thread