Post Thanks / Like

can't get brakes and clutch bleed and need help

SO i got the idea to powder coat my calipers. i pulled the lines off and brakes and capped the lines off with rubber caps. took about 2 weeks to powder coat the calipers.

i put new seals in and new dust boots I DID NOT CRACK THE CALIPERS IN HALF.. i put everything back together and i can not get the system bleed. also put brand new stoptech s/s brake lines all the way around.

i bought a motive brake bleeder and tried bleeding the brakes that way.. didn't work.. i then went old school pump up and tried that way.. got clean fluid to the brakes.. brakes still go to the floor.

clutch does not feel BAD but not quite right..

if you pump the brakes it feels good then pump the clutch about 2 - 3 times then try the brakes the brakes go to the floor.

anyone have any suggestions? has anyone powder coated there calipers? did you split the case? any suggestions.. this car is not stock ( motor blower ect ) i am scared to go to a dealer and a. pay for what they want to fix it if they can..
    b. if they flash the car i am stuck as the tune is for the blower cam ect and i CAN'T have them do that.

any suggestions would be great

thanks
    chris

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I can think of is you got air in abs unit. May have to follow service procedures to bleed ABS. What about gravity bleeding?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried to find service procedures and all I find is plugging in a star scan to activate the abs module. I want to avoid that if possible

Not sure but I am at a loss.
    I have tried both manual bleeding and pressure bleeding with no resluts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    well no luck. tried and tried.. no air in the lines i can see but pedal is still messed up..

the rears feel goofy.. when you bleed the fronts you get full pedal depress when the bleed screw is open. goes to the floor.. but the backs it feels like the pedal only goes down 1/2 way. makes no sence at all

Post Thanks / Like
    I had this happen on a gmc truck. i had to take it in to have the ABS module bled with the $2k scanner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard of this before, just can't remember the solution. Have you tried bleeding the ABS unit each line?
    What about bleeding the system with the engine running and the ABS off (pull the fuse)?
    Hate to say this but you might have to take it to a dealer that is mod friendly and reload the factory tune in their shop and then once they are done put your custom tune back in before they start it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got it done. Got this
    Autel

This purges abs system

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent, where did you find that?
    Glad you didn't have to take it in to dealer.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us1champ View Post
    Got it done. Got this
    Autel

This purges abs system

Good to hear Chris. Now you can advertise / rent the unit out and recoup :^)
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad it works and for the money it is a decent tool that does more than just abs stuff
    Good to add to the tool collection

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us1champ View Post
    well no luck. tried and tried.. no air in the lines i can see but pedal is still messed up..

the rears feel goofy.. when you bleed the fronts you get full pedal depress when the bleed screw is open. goes to the floor.. but the backs it feels like the pedal only goes down 1/2 way. makes no sence at all
    Since the system is a dual system, if one half is air free, the pedal should only go down half way because two wheels have functional brakes. Right? Seems to me there is still air in the rear system?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a nice little unit for the price! Might have to invest!