Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SRT 392 and Scat Pack

Me and my good friend were comparing his older charger SRT 392 to the new charger Scat Pack and they were almost identical very small differences in if any just the Brembo Brakes (which you can upgrade on the scat pack from a 4 piston to a 6 piston Brembo) the seats material, paddle shifters very minor differences both have the same 392 drive train, same HP and Torque, really both have the SRT software, both have the different drive modes that the SRT offers, although they have different suspension you can’t really tell, they both have that 392 Hemi Badging on the fenders just the front grill emblem is different his SRT 392 has the SRT emblem the Stack Pack has the Scat Pack Bee emblem so essentially we came the conclusion both are the same the Scat Pack is a SRT 392 and a SRT 392 is Scat Pack so badging one or the other the opposite it makes no difference and we concluded that when the Demon was released Dodge Eliminated the SRT 392 to keep things simple the Scat Pack Essentially replaces the SRT 392 in the line up it hierarchy So Badging the Scat Pack with SRT is not big deal since the Scat Pack is a SRT 392 but now only the SRT is associated with the Hellcat and Demon that’s why people frown upon now what are your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesrod0614 View Post
    the Scat Pack is a SRT 392 but now only the SRT is associated with the Hellcat and Demon that’s why people frown upon now what are your thoughts
    You kind of answered your own question in that last part I quoted. A Scat Pack is NOT an SRT, it never was. While it does share parts with the SRT, it was meant as a revamp of the original Scat Packs of the 60's.

The SRT's weren't even a thought back then.

To me it's a respect for history thing. I took all the SRT branding OFF my Scat Pack, because it is NOT an SRT.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Likes Heat00, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    You kind of answered your own question in that last part I quoted. A Scat Pack is NOT an SRT, it never was. While it does share parts with the SRT, it was meant as a revamp of the original Scat Packs of the 60's.

The SRT's weren't even a thought back then.

To me it's a respect for history thing. I took all the SRT branding OFF my Scat Pack, because it is NOT an SRT.

Yet you can’t answer the question how come a 2018 Charger SRT 392 is considered a SRT car and part of the SRT family yet the Scat Pack 392 that replaced it and is literally the same car as the SRT 392 can not also be part of the SRT Family as well

Likes cummins2getu liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Steering wheel/seats/suspension/wheels/brakes/etc You can come to any conclusion you see fit, a scat pack is an RT as per mother mopar , you don’t decide what they call their cars. Why do people struggle with this?????SRT 392 and Scat Packif you wanted a 19’ “srt” so bad , you should have bought a hellcat:(

16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s
    Likes troper, agoristmike, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    Steering wheel/seats/suspension/wheels/brakes/etc You can come to any conclusion you see fit, a scat pack is an RT as per mother mopar , you don’t decide what they call their cars. Why do people struggle with this?????SRT 392 and Scat Packif you wanted a 19’ “srt” so bad , you should have bought a hellcat:(

I wanted a New SRT 392 I didn’t want a hellcat but I had no choice the SP 392 replaced the SRT 392 so I built one identical only difference was the bottom of the steering wheel and the half of the seats and I never mentioned a hellcat or Demon the the Charger SRT 392 was not a hellcat yet it as SRT car

Thanks troper thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yet you can’t answer the question how come a 2018 Charger SRT 392 is considered a SRT car and part of the SRT family yet the Scat Pack 392 that replaced it and is literally the same car as the SRT 392 can not also be part of the SRT Family as well

I DID answer the question. Because it is a Scat Pack, not an SRT. Hellcats, Demons, Vipers and old Neons ARE SRT's.

A Scat Pack is a Scat Pack. It was named after the muscle car group of the late 60's and just HAPPENS to have the same motor, tranny and some options that the SRT has.

The Scat Pack didn't replace the SRT 392, the SRT 392 was dropped from the lineup.

If Dodge meant for it to be an SRT, they'd have called it an SRT Scat Pack, but they didn't because SRT hadn't even been formed when the original Scat Packs came out in the 60's.

When the Hive was Alive – Looking Back at the Dodge Scat Pack - The Official Blog of Dodge

Likes Redline T/A 392 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted a New SRT 392 I didn’t want a hellcat but I had no choice the SP 392 replaced the SRT 392 so I built one identical only difference was the bottom of the steering wheel and the half of the seats and I never mentioned a hellcat or Demon the the Charger SRT 392 was not a hellcat yet it as SRT car

Why not just embrace the R/T scat pack, it’s an amazing car no matter what you call it !

16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s
    Likes Heat00, Apples, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Appears the other thread you started didn't provide you with the answer you wanted. Why do you think the answer will change in this one?
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Apples liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Appears the other thread you started didn't provide you with the answer you wanted. Why do you think the answer will change in this one?
    I know that there is a lot of people with knowledge and I just wanted to get a real educated answer why the 2018 SRT 392 is considered a SRT top of line performance car when a 2019 SP 392 which is identical with the exception in my case the bottom of the steering wheel half of the seat material is there is a performance upgrade perhaps the 2018 SRT 392 has that warrants the SRT title that it sets it apart from the 2019 SP 392? Or In reality both are SRT cars since they are identical and Dodge just uses different marketing names just to sell than cars and to stay fresh

Likes troper liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    I DID answer the question. Because it is a Scat Pack, not an SRT. Hellcats, Demons, Vipers and old Neons ARE SRT's.

A Scat Pack is a Scat Pack. It was named after the muscle car group of the late 60's and just HAPPENS to have the same motor, tranny and some options that the SRT has.

The Scat Pack didn't replace the SRT 392, the SRT 392 was dropped from the lineup.

If Dodge meant for it to be an SRT, they'd have called it an SRT Scat Pack, but they didn't because SRT hadn't even been formed when the original Scat Packs came out in the 60's.

When the Hive was Alive – Looking Back at the Dodge Scat Pack - The Official Blog of Dodge

The SP 2019 replaced the SRT 392 cus they are identical, why have 2 identical cars with 2 different names that would confuse the crap out of people

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    Why not just embrace the R/T scat pack, it’s an amazing car no matter what you call it !

I wanted the SRT 392, SRT is name that has been Associated with performance and the SP 19 is identical so I considered myself buying a SRT 392 just a different badge since they were identical but apparently although both cars are identical they are totally different just cus of label that’s what I am seeing form the perception of people

Likes 392 widebody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted the SRT 392, SRT is name that has been Associated with performance and the SP 19 is identical so I considered myself buying a SRT 392 just a different badge since they were identical but apparently although both cars are identical they are totally different just cus of label that’s what I am seeing form the perception of people

They're not identical. There, that was easy. Dodge produced the cars and says one is a scat pack and one is an srt. What you,me,hemissary, or Satan the almighty say doesn't change that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by agoristmike View Post
    They're not identical. There, that was easy. Dodge produced the cars and says one is a scat pack and one is an srt. What you,me,hemissary, or Satan the almighty say doesn't change that.
    When I built the my SP 392 it was built identical to a SRT 392 that I wanted I mean identical in drive train both 392 Identical in 6 piston Brembo brake, identical on the suspension since I upgraded to the dynamic suspension, identical in the upgraded interior since I got the plus package, same SRT software with driving modes the only difference between the 18 SRT 392 and my built SP 392 is the steering wheel and interior on the seats the SRT 392 has a flatter steering wheel on the bottom and the it’s all leather mine is half suede and half leather although they are identical Dodge labeled it 2018 SRT 392 and in 2019 Scat Pack 392 due to that label I have Scat Pack not SRT regardless that are identical I just to love the Scat Pack label that Dodge has put and wait until Dodge brings back the SRT 392 back

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the new car and you can do whatever you want with it. Badging won't change the fact that its an R/T trim and not an SRT and its just odd to badge a car like that.
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.91 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 305/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    The real answer is Dodge is absolutely terrible with naming conventions. For a few years the Daytona was a separate model. Now it's a package on a Scat Pack, and a limited edition on a Hellcat Widebody Charger just to be sure everyone is confused. SRT uses to just be the top model. Now you've got Hellcat (which is supposed to just be the engine's name) but finds it way to becoming a model (Why couldn't we have an SRT Apache!). That now has another model tacked on it, Hellcat Redeye. But there's more, you can tack Widebody on it for the killer SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody as the full model name! I mean really Dodge, this is supposed to be a model name, not a string of adjectives to stroke someone's ego.

SRT got started much like SVT used to be for Ford. Both slapped the moniker on anything they made a "hotter" version of. Ford eventually dropped the nameplate. Dodge needs to do the same since they have no rhyme or reason to how they brand performance vehicles anymore.

Sorry for the rant and not really on topic. Anytime I read these threads arguing about SRT or not, I'm reminded that SRT has nothing special about it when all the stuff that matters, can be found on a Scat Pack (or Daytona depending on the year lol). Hell my car had an SRT warning card about watching out for the splitter backing it off the truck still in when I got it. Now I'm sure you can find the same in an R/T with the Performance Handling Group. Bottom line all these cars are rolling off the same line, just different parts bins being used.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8
    Likes ajkape, ronan978, Hemissary liked this post

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast