Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    yea he did a nice job.. got all the swirls and scratches out... I don't think i could have done quite that with my limited experience and no buffer LOL.... glad my car is B5 and doesn't need paint correction... some simple wax and h20 in between and she's good to go lol...problem now is that I have 3 cars that need maintenance.... so hated... was washing my car today and the wife was wondering if hers was going to get done too.... thankfully my son's charger is sitting in the garage and doesn't need washing until he starts driving... hes going to have to learn how to take care of a car now
    B5 is soooo beautiful. That’s the color of our first Challenger. Second was Plum Crazy. And, finally Pitch Black. The new Indigo Blue is like liquid sex. Looks like it’s just dripping off the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesrod0614 View Post
    Are you sure the scratches went thru the clear coat to the paint? If it’s just surface scratches on the clear than can be buff out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They are. I was able to use a polishing compound mask them. It took two applications, but I am satisfied with the results. The scratches were too thin for me to try using a touch up paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unrelated but I had time to wash and spray down the challey this morning... hit it with a wash, the. H20 g&g then I figured let me put a final coat of megiuars spray synthetic wax just for a little more protection. Came out nice for spray applications at least

'19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    best way too tell if the scratch is through the clear coat is just take spray bottle with soapy water spray it down if it disappears it's not thru the clear.If you still see it you'll need touch up paint to fix.....that's just my opinion.
    Likes Nick@Vinson, Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    Unrelated but I had time to wash and spray down the challey this morning... hit it with a wash, the. H20 g&g then I figured let me put a final coat of megiuars spray synthetic wax just for a little more protection. Came out nice for spray applications at least

Friggin gorgeous. Our 2009 was B5 Blue. But, no where as intimidating as your beast.

Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesrod0614 View Post
    If the scratches are not minor and it went past the clear coat into the paint then no buffing no wax no compound will remove that so I guess the question is how deep are the scratches

Yes, fortunately a coat of wax did the trick. I was worried about trying to touch up because the scratches were so fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Vinson View Post
    Friggin gorgeous. Our 2009 was B5 Blue. But, no where as intimidating as your beast.Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Thanks Bud! b5 is one of my favorties out my colors that I've owned so far.... I loved my white, didn't love my granite, loved my f8 green although no one else liked it LOL... but the b5, everyone seems to comment on.. guess it helps that it's a wide body with the HC hood etc... just seems a great overall combination... we are so fortunate that Dodge/FCA is making these options and trim levels for us.... cannot wait to see a WB charger in person...
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123