Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

new tires already almost done now which ones for widebody?

so I'm at 8,000 miles and I just checked the stock OEM pirellis are at 4 and 5/32'd already. what a joke? these are supposed to be all season and in my past chargers other all season's have lasted a lot longer. the summer tires I've had usually only lasted about 12-13k but the all seasons as that mileage had half life left. don't these start at about 10/32's or so? are the pirellis just garbage? I have driven very easy and was a bout to rotate them but now I see no point lol... proof my easy driving is that the back and front are the same measurements but I was shocked at how worn they are.so the real question for you guys with WB's... what tire to get? no tires have any traction on 392's in my 4 of them so now I just try to go for the longer life/all seasons but I know in these 305 sizes, choices are more limited. Im in s.fla so no snow or cold weather but I want all seasons that will go 20-25k not 12k... way to expensive for this.any thoughts or help or ideas on what to get?
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well you know what I recommend, Michelin PS4S in 305/35/20.

I'll be getting a set very soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.91 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 305/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM_SRT View Post
    Well you know what I recommend, Michelin PS4S in 305/35/20.

I'll be getting a set very soon.

Yes I imagine these are the best? But what do they cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I'm about to order a set of the Toyo Proxes 4 Plus or their Prices ST 3 to put on the beast before I bring it home. I'm going with all seasons because I'm certain I'll run into snow between NC and Tennessee dammit

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    I think I'm about to order a set of the Toyo Proxes 4 Plus or their Prices ST 3 to put on the beast before I bring it home. I'm going with all seasons because I'm certain I'll run into snow between NC and Tennessee dammit

What size?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post

I've never seen anybody run the Toyo Proxes S/T series on an LX but I suppose why not? They're a Sport Truck tire, meant for handling and some decent amount of traction on a heavy vehicle. I've run them on several trucks - from the original S/T to the ST II and now just put a pair of ST III's on the back of my wife's Silverado SS. Being directional tread tires they never got rotated, and I'm estimating she got maybe 30K easily out of the ST II's before the fronts were worn to the bars. The rears still had a few 32's to go so I swapped them up front and put the new ones out back. Too soon to tell if they'll hold up like the II's but those were a good tire for the money. Decent grip, good lifespan.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Likes punisher69, Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    I've never seen anybody run the Toyo Proxes S/T series on an LX but I suppose why not? They're a Sport Truck tire, meant for handling and some decent amount of traction on a heavy vehicle. I've run them on several trucks - from the original S/T to the ST II and now just put a pair of ST III's on the back of my wife's Silverado SS. Being directional tread tires they never got rotated, and I'm estimating she got maybe 30K easily out of the ST II's before the fronts were worn to the bars. The rears still had a few 32's to go so I swapped them up front and put the new ones out back. Too soon to tell if they'll hold up like the II's but those were a good tire for the money. Decent grip, good lifespan.

Richard
    I'm staggered so I don't rotate either. I'm just looking for a decent tire to get through the Appalachians and Tennessee within the next month or so...any period they last beyond that will be a bonus lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    What size?

I'm doing 315/35/20 rears and 245/45/20 fronts, regardless of which tire I choose. I'm gonna need all the meat I can fit on the rear of this thing lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, 8k miles already! I got almost 2k on my WB. I was like you drive a lot, but then I realized on my new truck that I have had just over 2 weeks and I have 2k on it. lol I am surprised the the 500 tread wear rating that it went down that much. Also these are only 9/32" instead of 10.
    2019 Challenger Pitch Black Scat Pack Widebody; 2019 Ram 2500 Night Edition Delmonico Red Prior: 2015 Charger R/T

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    Yes I imagine these are the best? But what do they cost?

$357 each from Tire Rack.

2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.91 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 305/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mus99gt View Post
    Wow, 8k miles already! I got almost 2k on my WB. I was like you drive a lot, but then I realized on my new truck that I have had just over 2 weeks and I have 2k on it. lol I am surprised the the 500 tread wear rating that it went down that much. Also these are only 9/32" instead of 10.
    exactly... 500 treadwear all season shouldn't be so worn but I guess you're right I looked them up and they start at 9/32... they are at 4 and 5/32nd now so they got maybe a few thousand left? sucks. I use my car for DD and for work so I do about 30-35k/ year.... means lots of tires and depreciation but now you guys know why I get a new car so often lol.... that's my excuse anyway but really after 24 months I could be at 70k....I think I might get the cooper All seasons... they start with 10 or 11/32nd , got decent reviews, are only 200/tire and should outlast the pirellis... let's be honest, no tire gets traction anyhow.. at least not after a few miles. every summer tire i've ever had loses grip after a few miles anyways so what's the point of a summer tire? I went through 2 indy 500's, 1 set of conti's, 1 set of generals, and 1 set of pirelli summers on my chargers and none made it past 12k... which is why I was surprised to see these all seasons so worn at 8k.... it's weak, they are garbage tires for an all season with 500 treadwear
    Thanks L.D.LIND thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think FCA just uses cheap tires. My 2017 Ram 3500 dually had cheap Nexen tires, I got 26k out of them before they were shot. Discount Tire was amazed I got that much. The new truck has Firestone Transverse AT and the last truck I had they got 48k and again tire shop was amazed they last that long. I see on all of these tire choices, FCA uses ones that have the lowest tread depth in the class of tires.

Out of curiosity I am checking my WB when I get home to see what the depth is after 2k miles. Though I do want to put Nitto NT05 on the back in 315/35/20 or I might do all 4. Since I don't DD, it should be fine for me.
    2019 Challenger Pitch Black Scat Pack Widebody; 2019 Ram 2500 Night Edition Delmonico Red Prior: 2015 Charger R/T

Post Thanks / Like
    to make matters worse, this morning I got 2 punctures in one tire, about a 3" screw, looked like a drywall type screw, broke in half and went into the tire in 2 places about 2" apart! omg, unreal. went back home and both went clear through. went to a few tire shops by the house, none would do it as none of them will plug and they only patch but it was too far apart for 1 patch and too close for 2 patches... I was going to plug it myself (I have a full plug kit in the car with portable compressor) to make a long story short, I was already dressed for work and it would require jack up and maybe remove to get to them so I went by my office and down here they don't care, they plugged it 2 minutes but all 3 said not to leave it like this for too long and I agree... so now I'm faced with buying a new set... and I don't know what to get. I swear these OEM pirelli's are made to wear quick though.. they are all seasons and maybe had 2-4k left at best. seems I have it down to 3 choices: indy's for 250, cooper All seasons for 200 and I guess the pilot sport ps4 for 357... I know the ps4's are the best and will outlast the indy's but they are almost double the price... not sure if they'll get double the mileage LOL... the coopers are cheap and all season but not so confident that these are really the best choice for a wide body scat pack lol. any thoughts or suggestions. I was trying to avoid summer tires but it's pretty much unavoidable because there is not much choice in this size.
    Thanks L.D.LIND thanked for this post
    Likes L.D.LIND liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Heat not sure if it will be worth it, but I might would approach your dealer about tires being defective based on their treadwear. It will be a proration if anything, but worth a shot a least. Depending on how the warranty is worded, I've had friends do this with other manufactures.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    What about Nitto Motivos in 315/35/20, they will work on all 4 corners. I had them on my Charger. Much better traction than with the Goodyear RSA's it came with.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast