Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquished View Post
    Its under warranty. With 500 miles on it. Resurface is probably the wrong word. They said they sanded it down though. And also took everything apart and retightened to spec.

I just hope it looks more normal after I brake a little.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    They did that with a brake rotor hone. There isn't a Scotch brite pad made that will even make a mark on a brake rotor, much less leave it like that.

It's fine, it's a cheap way to make a new mating surface for the pads to seat on that is nondirectional. They will smooth out a after some driving and braking. Does look like they went a little overboard.

It's also something that can be done at home for $20-$30 for the hone. Just put it on a drill and go to town with it lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Vanquished thanked for this post
    Likes Vanquished liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    They did that with a brake rotor hone. There isn't a Scotch brite pad made that will even make a mark on a brake rotor, much less leave it like that.

It's fine, it's a cheap way to make a new mating surface for the pads to seat on that is nondirectional. They will smooth out a after some driving and braking. Does look like they went a little overboard.

It's also something that can be done at home for $20-$30 for the hone. Just put it on a drill and go to town with it lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Well as long as it looks better eventually lol. I wonder if they tried that first and then when they realized it still made the sound they went and tightened everything up to spec. Idk.

I won't own the car past 20k miles so I'm not worried about longevity.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12