Post Thanks / Like

hellcat wont do a burnout

Hey guys, its been a long time, use to be on the forums under crocop427 back when I had my 2006 srt8 300c.

I have a hellcat now and I have such a weird problem, the car will not do a burnout and barely spins the tires over if any.

I know how to do a burnout, ive done them all the time with my 300 srt, chally 6.1, c6 zo6, I know how to smoke 'em.

Pretty much what happens, when I push and hold the traction control button, eventually a ding will sound off and the display says traction and stability control off. I can dump the clutch at what ever rpm you want, the car violently nudge forward a foot and it feels like someone is hammering on the brakes. you can slip out the clutch while getting in it in first, tires wont make a sound, maybe a little errr.

Also once I hit 5000 km the launch control became available. I tried it once, traction off, launch mode, clutch in, foot to the floor, clutch out, omg not tire noise no smoke and no go at all, car actually stalled out on me because how quickly what ever is going on here stopped the car.

I can also drive around pretty much foot to the floor like Im mario andretti, and it actually feels very safe as theres no tire spin, if I did this in my old c6 z06 id probably end up in a ditch or around a pole.

any suggestions ?

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG. really, i have a rt with a hellcat shortbock and can't floor it doing anything under 50mph without spinning . i think you should use the red key fob.

If that doesn't work sell it and get an automatic.

PB ET 14.02 at CamaroFest 5 totally stock
    PB RT Sportsman tree .003 at Challengerfest 3, PB RT pro tree .019 at MSHS VMP 5/16
    PB 0-60 3.24 MIR Raceway Drag Radials 6/18

PB 0-60 4.40 Street Tires on the street Calabash 10/14

PB 60' 1.472 @ CF9 4/18
    PB ET 1/8 6.911 @ CF9 4/18
    PB MPH 1/8 101.32 @ The Rock 4/19
    PB ET 10.857 @ CF9 4/18

PB MPH 127.29 @ Atco 11/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Belt slip? No boost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    using the red key, I mean cars got power, if im in second doing 30 km/h, floor it, car pulls hard and quick up to redline or about 130.

and I have done a pull here and there straight to 230 km/h. pulls hard.

I remember with my 300, made maybe 460/470 hp, atleast it would chirp second and spin first off the line.

Plus I have the 3 year old pirellis on still, you figure the hellcat would easily blow the tires off in first.

Maybe I should just take it to the dealer, I think I still have the warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    So if you have a clutch, then you have a manual trans, Challenger Hellcat. The first symptom you describe sounds like my Scat Pack Challenger, manual trans. With it's stock, Good Year F1s, it would just get VIOLENT tire hop. SOOO bad I'm surprised I never broken any drive train. It was either that, or just spinning the tires like I was on ice. The errr you describe sounds like when the tires WOULD spin. Never heard tires sound like that and was never sure what was happening at first. It was worthless to go to the track with those tires. Just about anyone could beat me because the car would spin on ice through third gear.

BIG TIRES is the answer. I put 10.5 rear wheels on with 305s Pirellis (everything clears perfect) and it's WAY better. Still can get some light hop and spin, but yesterday was a warm, summer-like day. I got on it from a slight roll and it HOOKED through all the gears. Best 0-80 I've ever gotten out of it! I bought some 18x10.5 wheels with 305 MT drag radials to put on it next. Those should work real nice.

You should at least get some good 305s. My friend put 315s on his Hellcat Challenger and they rub the inner fender very slightly, but not all the time. If you can, just go straight to a good drag radial. Was just thinking though, this input is aimed more for getting you some traction, not doing burnouts. I'm not into burnouts.
    'Cuda SRT8

My Mopars:
    '69 'Cuda fastback with 6.2 MP Hellcrate, a TKO600 5 speed and a Dana 60
    '15 Jeep Grand Chickeree in Maximum Steel
    '05 Dodge Ram Daytona in GoManGo(5.7/automatic)
    '19 Challenger Hellcat
    RED EYE inB5 Blue
    "Three Hemis; no waiting"

Post Thanks / Like
    hey Cuda srt8, thank you for the reply but I think my issue is there has to be some electronic problem where something will NOT let the tires spin over at all. so I dont think bigger or even skinnier tires would help me.

I just figured i would ask, I was hoping this maybe happened to someone else or was a TSB or something.

lol sorry, eerrrrr is how my brain put sound to paper of a tire spinning.

and for sure I would love to get some mickies or something but the car as it will not break the tires loose with the stock tires.

Has to be electronic.

Post Thanks / Like
    how about this... ill trade you my r/t and you can do burn outs all day long. and ill suffer through the non burn out hell cat for you. seems fair lol.
    Likes agoristmike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds to me the TCS isnt dis-engaging. WOuld def take to dealer if has warranty

Post Thanks / Like
    um obvious question, but is traction control off?
    20% window tint Custom Wrap Corsa Extreme Cat-Back exhaust Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 275/40r20

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if something is getting confused with launch mode and brake line lock. Have you tried it without launch mode?

Post Thanks / Like
    Crap... I have a scat pack 6spd. It'll smoke the tires forever with Trac control off. Just stomp the gas pedal and they spin far as I want. 2nd gear works best.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    So weird. Sounds like Valet is on man!

My cat roasts both tires if I stand on it at 60 - there should be zero issue.
    X E Ryder
    Just Another Motorhead, Really.
    (midlife crisis activated)

Post Thanks / Like
    perhaps try not holding the button? You should be able to get it disengaged at least partially by just pressing it. (at least thats how us old srt's work).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com