Post Thanks / Like

2016 Dodge Challenger hellcat subwoofer replacement

I am going to Change the OE rear deck subwoofer which is part of Alpine amplified six speakers system.

I Would like to know, the OE subwoofer ohms ( 2 ohm or 4 ohms) and single or double coil? If anyone did this before any recommendation or tips?

Sent from my iPad using Scat Pack Forums
    Last edited by watchsa13; 01-31-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure you have the six speaker Alpine system? I have a 2016 Challenger Hellcat and my window sticker says the standard system is the 18 speaker Harmon Karden Green Edge stereo with dual sub woofers where the spare tire would be, and that is exactly what's in my car. In fact, the only option on my car is the 8 speed auto transmission.

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Phil,
    Unfortunately, my car came with Alpine system only 6 speakers system

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Any recommendations, please 2016 Dodge Challenger hellcat subwoofer replacement

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi watchsa13,

If you do have the six speaker Alpine system, there is no sub. There are 2 full range speakers in the dash, two limited range speakers in the front doors and two full range speakers on the rear deck, but no sub. I think you will find two 6x9 speakers on the deck when you look. One of the hallmarks of this system is the lack of bass. I had it on a 300C and ended up adding a sub with it's own amp to increase the bass.

Phil
    Thanks troper thanked for this post
    Likes troper liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Hunter View Post
    Hi watchsa13,

If you do have the six speaker Alpine system, there is no sub. There are 2 full range speakers in the dash, two limited range speakers in the front doors and two full range speakers on the rear deck, but no sub. I think you will find two 6x9 speakers on the deck when you look. One of the hallmarks of this system is the lack of bass. I had it on a 300C and ended up adding a sub with it's own amp to increase the bass.

Phil
    Correct.

My Hellcat Charger has the 6 speaker Alpine.

I added the HK dual sub box and a Kicker ZX400.1 amp.

Sounds soooooo much better.

Bob

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by watchsa13 View Post
    I am going to Change the OE rear deck subwoofer which is part of Alpine amplified six speakers system.

I Would like to know, the OE subwoofer ohms ( 2 ohm or 4 ohms) and single or double coil? If anyone did this before any recommendation or tips?

.""

I don't have a Hellcat, but I did just add an aftermarket (6.5" Sundown Audio 2 ohm dvc) subwoofer in my 2019 Chrysler 300S which has the Alpine 10 speaker stereo (including the factory 8" trunk sub in the right corner). My 6.5 sub is powered by an AudioControl 1.300 mono amp (while the stock 8" sub remains powered by the factory amp). I wired the 6.5 sub for a 4 ohm load and it sounds crystal clear and loud with just the right amount of bass. Of course adding tweets in the dash and mid drivers in the front doors, along with an AudioControl 4.300 amp really helped balance out my setup. Note: Running the 6.5 sub in the rear deck required having a speaker ring fabriczted put of HDPE plastic

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot NGOT8R

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted this video on a different thread a few weeks ago, but I've since added new photos to it (including close ups of the rear deck subwoofer that I installed).

My Movie 2 - YouTube