Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby red eye

Post Thanks / Like

Baby red eye

Installed my Hell Cat air box snorkel and filter this week end!
    All I can say is wow!
    Don’t know the HP increase but shaved .47 off my 0-60 on the second run
    Better than any after market cold air intake you can buy and no one knows it’s there!!
    2019 Chally RT 5.7
    Great simple and inexpensive mod

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Likes Lowlife44 liked this post
    Dislikes gasman1620 disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the report, great result!

Wonder what else it'll fit?

Post Thanks / Like
    So this post is about an RT Chally 5.7 installing a Hellcat airbox making it a “Baby Redeye” and posted in the Demon section.
    2018 Dodge Charger Daytona - Indigo Blue
    2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat - Plum Crazy Purple
    Instagram: @aviorHemi
    Likes Mudak, landoawd, SuperSound, MXS67454 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    .47 seconds off his 0-60 from a factory part... that amazing. How is the world is Mopar leave all of that extra horsepower untapped in those 5.7 chally engines??? This guys should be working for them.
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not trying to bust anyone's bubble, however, I do not want this forum to turn into that OTHER one....full of BS and misinformation.

Although the OP may HAVE shaved .47 seconds off the 0-60 time, it didn't come from simply adding that hellcat airbox. There were other factors not being considered. Weather, tires, temp., road conditions, etc.

There are people who do much more to their cars and don't get that much of an horsepower gain. Sorry, just trying to keep it real.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    I'm not trying to bust anyone's bubble, however, I do not want this forum to turn into that OTHER one....full of BS and misinformation.

Although the OP may HAVE shaved .47 seconds off the 0-60 time, it didn't come from simply adding that hellcat airbox. There were other factors not being considered. Weather, tires, temp., road conditions, etc.

There are people who do much more to their cars and don't get that much of an horsepower gain. Sorry, just trying to keep it real.

I’ll go 1 further there is zero gain from the hellcat box it does nothing but give the box potential of colder iat’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    And the leg maker true CAI is leaps and bounds better than that hellcat air box

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric40962005 View Post
    And the leg maker true CAI is leaps and bounds better than that hellcat air box

I wouldn't go that far, depending on set up. In my case the hell cat box drastically (20* difference at launch, very very similar weather days) lowered IAT's at the track resulting in better times. I switched from an LMI true to the hell cat box. On a boosted application where air flow is more crucial I can certainly see where the LMI has the upper hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscatpack16 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, depending on set up. In my case the hell cat box drastically (20* difference at launch, very very similar weather days) lowered IAT's at the track resulting in better times. I switched from an LMI true to the hell cat box. On a boosted application where air flow is more crucial I can certainly see where the LMI has the upper hand.
    You are seeing 20* lower with the hellcat that pulls most of its air from the engine bay be the leg maker which pulls its air from the front bumper? I find that hard to believe. The added benefit to the leg maker is that its thin it doesn’t heat soak like the factor intake box and tube.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are seeing 20* lower with the hellcat that pulls most of its air from the engine bay be the leg maker which pulls its air from the front bumper? I find that hard to believe. The added benefit to the leg maker is that its thin it doesn’t heat soak like the factor intake box and tube.

Simply stating what happened in my experience. Where the LMI pulls from can become much like an oven, also the LMI pulls from the same cavity that the stock/hellcat box does, although stock is much closer to the engine. Talking to some builders of these cars the factory boxes/tube are made from materials to reduce heat soak, the resins in the CF can heat soak as well. Again this is just my experience, but on a hell cat box, hell cat injectors, catless mids, E85 and bald 18" mickey thompson Rs with bravados I went from a constant 11.66-70 to a best of 11.59 with the hell cat box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Simply stating what happened in my experience. Where the LMI pulls from can become much like an oven, also the LMI pulls from the same cavity that the stock/hellcat box does, although stock is much closer to the engine. Talking to some builders of these cars the factory boxes/tube are made from materials to reduce heat soak, the resins in the CF can heat soak as well. Again this is just my experience, but on a hell cat box, hell cat injectors, catless mids, E85 and bald 18" mickey thompson Rs with bravados I went from a constant 11.66-70 to a best of 11.59 with the hell cat box.
    A tenth can be anything unless you have dyno numbers or runs with the exact same track temps da etc it’s not really valid data. Also I have the fog light gone some pulling almost 100% ambient air. The snorkel on the hellcat box in of itself is a restriction based on its shape.

Post Thanks / Like
    A tenth can be anything unless you have dyno numbers or runs with the exact same track temps da etc it’s not really valid data. Also I have the fog light gone some pulling almost 100% ambient air. The snorkel on the hellcat box in of itself is a restriction based on its shape.

A tenth can be anything? I would love to be able to just randomly pick up a tenth from "anything". Dyno numbers don't mean a damn thing on the track, or anywhere really. I am in no way saying the LMI is a bad intake or not worth getting. Hell thats the one I got to start with. It looks way better, it functions fine, in my application the hell cat box beat it. DA was within 100 and temps were 2 degrees apart on the two days I am comparing.

Post Thanks / Like
    A tenth can be anything? I would love to be able to just randomly pick up a tenth from "anything". Dyno numbers don't mean a damn thing on the track, or anywhere really. I am in no way saying the LMI is a bad intake or not worth getting. Hell thats the one I got to start with. It looks way better, it functions fine, in my application the hell cat box beat it. DA was within 100 and temps were 2 degrees apart on the two days I am comparing.
    Let’s forget the LMI, you are missing the point. That little snorkel isn’t good for 15-20 horsepower and that’s the point. But people keep claiming these miraculous numbers. This is exactly what we are trying to make a point of. Their are a 1000 variables this is the “anything” im talking about. You have time slips with the exact 60 ft with accurate data then I would consider the possibility. But no one has reproduced this data.

Post Thanks / Like
    DA was within 100 and temps were 2 degrees apart on the two days I am comparing.
    There's the problem. 2 different days. 2 different preps, 2 different humidities, 2 different winds....you get where I'm going here?

If you go to the track with the hellcat airbox and the LMI, make 2 runs with each, you'll see that airbox didn't make .1 difference. It's unrealistic to even think it did.

Likes Eric40962005 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    There's the problem. 2 different days. 2 different preps, 2 different humidities, 2 different winds....you get where I'm going here?

If you go to the track with the hellcat airbox and the LMI, make 2 runs with each, you'll see that airbox didn't make .1 difference. It's unrealistic to even think it did.

Not here to argue just sharing my experience, as stated. 11.66-11.59, was all in the 60' 1.56 vs previous best of 1.62. Ill shut up cause I clearly cannot prove with scientific accuracy that the intakes had anything to do with it. But we will keep assuming that people are picking up and dropping tenths all the time like its no biggie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast