Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    Do-able; but be aware that just outside of the insulation is where bending will be concentrated. The other concern is the low temp solder used and its actual durability...
    Hence the "if they work as well as advertised" :^)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm reading the service manual now and I found what I'm experiencing on page 2334 under the heading *ALL DOORS FAIL TO LOCK.

When it refers to the "cluster" is that the Driver Door Module in the door? It makes me think dash cluster when it just says Cluster.

Edit: I found out yes, its the harness that goes in to the cluster.

The proposal in the manual then is to test each wire related the locks by unplugging this harness, by taking about the dash presumably, then take apart the door so you get access to both plugs on the harness?
    Last edited by kott0n; 03-15-2019 at 01:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kott0n View Post
    I'm reading the service manual now and I found what I'm experiencing on page 2334 under the heading *ALL DOORS FAIL TO LOCK.

When it refers to the "cluster" is that the Driver Door Module in the door? It makes me think dash cluster when it just says Cluster.

Edit: I found out yes, its the harness that goes in to the cluster.

The proposal in the manual then is to test each wire related the locks by unplugging this harness, by taking about the dash presumably, then take apart the door so you get access to both plugs on the harness?
    Yep.

They want you to test end to end, to find the broken wire(s).

In the manual, the cluster is the speedometer. It is a module, like other modules.

If you go to section 8W, in the manual, you can see which wires come from the door, to the speedo. This will help narrow down which ones you're looking for.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    Or just pop open the passenger door panel, unplug the lock and apply voltage to see if it still works...
    this before you go through the wiring checks...at the most, you know that the parts work then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtail View Post
    Or just pop open the passenger door panel, unplug the lock and apply voltage to see if it still works...
    this before you go through the wiring checks...at the most, you know that the parts work then.

Since the schematic shows all 4 doors part of the same schematic, if the passenger door lock is dead, would that make all the locks function erratically?

This sounds like either way would be a good test to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12