Post Thanks / Like

Fuel injector dumping fuel into cylinder...

I have an early 06 Charger RT with Track Package and loaded with everything offered in 2005 when it was built. I love this machine like my wife. Thanksgiving day 2018, I started across a five lane hwy splitting traffic that just kept coming. Needless to say, I got on it but not enough to spin the tires but enough to throw passengers into seats. Half way through, and it sputtered, then big cloud of white smoke. After a few hours, and thanks to the Torque app, I found that the ECU had a bad circuit on my #7 cylinder fuel injector. Has anyone else had this happen and has anyone opened the ECU/PCM and repaired it? From Mopar, $949.00, from FS1- $292.00. I now the cheaper is a remanufactured one, and have bought from them for son's 99 Dakota, but if I can just replace the chip for that circuit, then that would be the way to go? Right? Any ideas? Let's hear it. I haven't been able to drive my baby since and Valentine's day is coming, need to take both out on the town.

Post Thanks / Like
    What was the actual fault code listed?

Some times the code descriptions in torque don't quite match up with what's in the manual.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    2005 Brilliant Black 300C
    Qtp dual oval cutouts, LegMaker True V2 CAI
    ZAuto Tranzformer, Diablo Trinity 93 canned tune, Hoosier Dr2

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't remember the code, but said it was cylinder 7 injector circuit fault.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, when back probed the ECU connector, it wasn't cycling, was on steady, all others would flash. Tried it with injector plugged in and not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to give an update on the status of my car, I got the ECU from FS1.com and installed it... Also changed the oil just in case any leaked through after sitting in the cylinder and not all burning off. It ran smooth and no smoke out exhaust. Had no codes or misfire. Did have to remove the #11, 14 & 16 fuses and cycle the ignition twice to the run position til it chimed. But other than that, all was fine. It's back to being an 11.8 sec 1/4 mile car and 0-60 in just under 7 sec. Not bad for an 06 with 78k miles. Running as good as when I got her. Wish I could say that bout my wife...any questions, please let me know.