Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigM View Post
    How many miles on your car OP? If you want to lower it remember you'll need to change the Nivomat rear shocks for sure since they will automatically pump back up and raise the rear. There is a chance that's already been swapped. Your car looks pretty stock on the ride height so probably original springs. I went with the Challenger SRT set up which isn't as stiff as a Charger/Magnum SRT but is stiffer than the 300 SRT. The drop is only half an inch but with the stock 30 mm front sway I like the ride.
    no plans to lower it .... and ya it rides like a 1939 mack truck. very stiff but will turn on a dime .... still has the nivomat shocks. car was sold in VA when new but wound up in NM ans AZ for most of its life wich shows ... not even a bubble under the paint in the rear fenders or over the rear diff(a common spot for rust). it shows 198k but i don't beleave it for a min ... way to clean and seats and other stuff just don't show it ... and when i went to polish up the cluster it was missing 2 screws that hold it in. im looking into that ... lol if it is original milage it has to be all highway milage. there is a mother mopar site that has all know service records that ya can look up ya cars , but i ain't found it yet. i am no puter brain...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post
    Genuine Road and Track car. Here is a link to the build sheet:

https://www.chrysler.com/webselfserv...KA53H86H340670
    got an email last night .... guy offerd me 13k for it ..... not sure if i want to sell it ... but thats alot of money. realy hard to say no.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG is that another 2006 R/T R&T in Silversteel?

I see the black pocket rims... Silversteel was only offered in 2006/2007 and you could not get an R/T R&T in Silversteel for 2007. I put the Daytona chin spoiler and black mesh grille on mine as well. Didn't put on trunk lid spoiler was never a fan of them. I took off the door bump guards when I bought mine in 2011.

My factory 18s were powdercoated satin black before I bought the car and I still use them with winter tires... use the SRT Challenger rims in a tech black for summer, also have the SRT Challenger shocks/struts and springs.

IMG-0485 — imgbb.com

IMG-0479 — imgbb.com
    is yours a real R&T with no spoiler???

Post Thanks / Like
    The AWT code or R&T did not come with a rear spoiler in 2006. The option was only $1,600, in 2007 and on it came with the honeycomb body colored grille with big R/T badge, 20 inch chrome clads and rear body colored spoiler and the chin spoiler and package jumped to ~$3,000.

Check your build sheet probably no rear spoiler because I don’t remember it being an option in 2006 stand alone.

So yeah my car is a real AWT code car. If you think it corners flat now the SRT springs and shocks were night and day differences especially with the 20x9 SRT wheels with summer rubber.

If someone offered you $13k take it that’s insane! I love my car but I’d let it go for $10k and get a 2015+
    2006 Silver Steel Metallic Charger R/T with Performance Package (AWT)
    For show -- Daytona chin spoiler -- Daytona grille -- side molding and rear goat head delete -- BT Mopar Hood Emblem
    For go -- Diablo canned tunes -- Chally SRT8 suspension and wheels -- R2C CAI -- 180 T-Stat -- R1 Rotors and Hawk HPS pads -- winter wheels/tires for the cold

Likes mcbee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The AWT code or R&T did not come with a rear spoiler in 2006. The option was only $1,600, in 2007 and on it came with the honeycomb body colored grille with big R/T badge, 20 inch chrome clads and rear body colored spoiler and the chin spoiler and package jumped to ~$3,000.

Check your build sheet probably no rear spoiler because I don’t remember it being an option in 2006 stand alone.

So yeah my car is a real AWT code car. If you think it corners flat now the SRT springs and shocks were night and day differences especially with the 20x9 SRT wheels with summer rubber.

If someone offered you $13k take it that’s insane! I love my car but I’d let it go for $10k and get a 2015+
    im haveing some mopar head guy looking into this car as to just how this one came off the line. ... all the stuff on this car weather or not came off the line should have been. i would have done it myself. who ever did it did a real nice job on it. service records i have found on it show it spent most of its life in the southwest ... and was very well takein care of. ... as for the 13k ..... im guessing he ain't for real but im not going to call his bluff tho just in case .....lol its not for sale untill i get the report anyway. other than the tail lights i don't care for the newer chargers and 13k won't get a challenger i like. ... the point is ... i like it the way it is and you like yours .... and thats all that matters. .... still want to know how many SS 06 R&T cars were made tho.lol
    Last edited by mcbee; 11-08-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    i can be happy with this .........
    Last edited by mcbee; 11-08-2019 at 12:39 PM.
    Likes BigM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a confusing chart to read, does that mean that of the 1,265 R&T cars 1,006 had sunroofs? A lot of those things further down the line came standard on all R&T cars like the adjustable pedals and dual zone climate. Some early runs didn't get the auto down passenger window including mine (just driver).

I never touched the stereo so I envy your sound group II!

We are in agreement on how they should have came and Dodge made a huge package change for 2007 for the R&T group including the honeycomb grille, chin and rear spoilers etc. I just hate the chrome clad 20s so I would have changed those if I had a 2007.

I do recall that in 2007 you could not get an R&T package with Silversteel (only black, inferno, silver, navy and a couple other colors).

Magnesium was another unique color you saw on more 300s (like Silversteel).

If you haven't already, turn your trunk bump stops around backwards (the little black rubber stops). Otherwise the trunk slaps the bumper and really scuffs it up... that's one of the first "mods" I did when I got mine in 2011, well known issue with first gen!

Also swap out your lug nuts if they are OEM as the two piece cap will eventually swell up and need to be chiseled off...

Cool to know only about 1,000 Silversteel R&T cars were made, I always knew they were much rarer than the two numbered Daytona series for that year.
    2006 Silver Steel Metallic Charger R/T with Performance Package (AWT)
    For show -- Daytona chin spoiler -- Daytona grille -- side molding and rear goat head delete -- BT Mopar Hood Emblem
    For go -- Diablo canned tunes -- Chally SRT8 suspension and wheels -- R2C CAI -- 180 T-Stat -- R1 Rotors and Hawk HPS pads -- winter wheels/tires for the cold

Post Thanks / Like
    ya .. its r/t only .... 42879 r/t (US cars) were built 6k were silver steel ... 1076 of 6k were R&T pack cars 826 of 1076 had a sun roof.(US cars) .... this chart dose not include SXT's. and yall are rite .... daytona only zero R&T in 06 had any of the stuff on it .. no grill chin or rear spoiler until 07 when it was standard on a R&T pack cars. in 08 it was its own line .... not a dressed up r/t. .. 06 was the only year for silver steel on a R&T pack car .... zero R&T cars were built in 07 in that color. and ya the lugs have been changed .... hate them tin cap things ..... found out about them the hard way on the side of the road .... lol.
    Last edited by mcbee; 11-09-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12