Post Thanks / Like

Automatic rear view mirror/oversensitive key fob buttons

I have the old style manual rear view mirror in my 2010 Charger R/T AWD. How difficult would it be to install an automatic rear view mirror? I am getting really tired of having to flip the switch all the time. It seems ridiculous that my 2002 WRX had an automatic rear view mirror, but my 2010 Charger doesn't have it. I don't want to have to pull the headliner to get this done, if I have to do that I'll just keep what I've got. But it would be really nice to never have to touch the rear view mirror again.

On another note, occasionally my key fob buttons can get very sensitive. I barely have to touch the unlock button and the doors unlock. It is almost always the unlock button, but has happened to the lock button as well. I have replaced the battery, and when I did that I cleaned the inside of the fob. It was very dirty. I get nervous when it happens because I may be leaving my car unlocked without even knowing it.

Thank you for any advice!

Later,
    KrustyTC63

Post Thanks / Like
    Unlike you, I would like to go back to the manual mirror. The automatic doesn't reduce the light as much as I like. It never bothered me to flip it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Installing the auto dimming rearview mirror isn't that bad. I had bought an OEM harness and mirror from a forum member. I used this thread as a guide.

Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror Install on 2006 Charger Daytona

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
    2006 MRT, Blaze Red Crystal Pearl (PRH), Upgraded Rear Police Brakes, Mopar Police Wheels with Continental ContiPureContact, Stock Rims with Bridgestone Blizzak WS-80, Danko Predator Grille, BT Catch Can, LMI AirHammer, EGR disabled, 91 tune, H8 battery (AC Delco 49AGM).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Unlike you, I would like to go back to the manual mirror. The automatic doesn't reduce the light as much as I like. It never bothered me to flip it.
    What have you got for a car? Will your auto mirror fit my 2010 Charger because I would be happy to swap you!