Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My 2014 Chargum build (PIC HEAVY)

soooooo after a few years of missing my magnum that was stolen from me and doing my chevy thing.... trailblazer ss and camaro ss.

i finally sold my cars and got a prius!!!! lol tell me about it ha ha.. but the only reason i got the prius was to buy a magnum and build it up. i really wanted a hemi but was gonna settle for a 3.5. looked around and couldnt find any hemis for under 8k and the 3.5 all had the 4 speed tranny so i would have to be change out everything if i ever did a hemi swap.

talkin to a friend i found a r/t that the guy (used to be a member on here) and he was currently rebuilding the motor due to overheating issues. which we later found out was a dropped valve.

after about a week of negotiating he finnaly let it go for a right number....

yeah thats my prius in the background lol

now being that my mechanic found out about the dropped valve we then realized that I might as well get a new motor now because it would be the same price to rebuild this one. and we all know once the valve is dropped the motor is never the same again.

so basically after another week of looking for motors i started to become desperate!!! everyone was either taxin on motors they had or i would have to get the motor crate shipped from up north. i almost paid 5k for a 6.1 w/ tranny which isnt a bad deal but im in miami where i know i can get something better.. then i get a text from a friend..he found a wrecked srt charger....

being that the price coudlnt be beat! plus i would have a complete SRT swap (motor, brakes, rear end, seats, etc..) i jumped on it asap.

now its time to play OPERATION!!!!!! my mechanic who is a good friend of mine. started going to work that same night on the car. and yanked the motor like it was a piece of cake..

then the next day he had the magnum motor out!!!!

he wasted no time.... gutted the charger in less that 48 hours.. now its time for the rebuild

and now look at this.. the new motor readyt and waiting!!

basically the motor is in along with the rear end and brakes.. have to do some minor interior swaps and get the pcm flashed...im gonna be on the road in no time... but im headed straight the the custom shop.. he is going to give my baby a complete makeover... front end conversion and a full vehicle wrap!!!

UPDATE 8/8/14

motor is in an running smooth, got to finesse a few things and we on our way

click video to watch \/\/ below

i got the srt8 seats out the charger but i wanted to make a little money back so im selling the srt rears sinc ethe rt grey ones are dirty, im jsut gonna reupholster those.

started to take apart the rear seats. the shop is gonna murde them!! LITERALLY!!

RED LEATHERETTE AND SUEDE. since im doing the 2013 srt8 front gotta update the seats to a 2013 factory look!!

STAY TUNEDD!!!!! estimated 2 weeks until build is complete but looking as long as the end of august.. ill keep updated

rear seats have been started

so decided to do a diamond stitch insert in my seats since im going custom might as well go all out!

coming along pretty nicely i think

Last edited by Fam0516; 10-17-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    First Matte Suicide Door Chargum

Likes Dan79, JERKDOGG, primalgeek, mabroyles62 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    let begin on the fronts!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~UPDATED 8/31/14~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

got my embroidery done! just made it simple but made the logo a little bigger than oem so it can stand out more

i think it fit with the seats

the last diamond stitch to be hand crafted!! these arent as easy as they look!

Lets get em all together now

I'm in love with my guts!!

Updated 8/21/14

meanwhile at the body shop the operation game begins

Now for the fun part blending and minor asps justness then a full color change

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~UPDATED 8/31/14~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

little bit of welding

now the funnnnn part

Last edited by Fam0516; 10-17-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Likes JERKDOGG, primalgeek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    well i can really say now it went from rags to riches

updated 9/5/14

finally smoothed out the fender... and started on the other

just doing some minor things like

wiper delete

shaving the pinch weld on the suicide doors so i can open the back without the front being open.

little video action

now after the fender is finished just a quick wetsand of the vehicle to smooth things out and im ready for the wrap...

went ahead and put the seats in. but since it was going back to the shop i wrapped everything up so theyre was no dirty or dust issues

got my armrest to match

updated 10/17/14 had a little delay but im back. look what happened to fall into my lap

supercharger all buttoned up got my start up tune in.. will be headed to dyno when my wrap is all finished

so after all the back and forth i decided on a subtle color.... Matte indigo blue

looks like a satin black but in better lighting its blueeee

my wheels finally came in but might have to downgrade size due to supecharger, but ill mount up now for the lights and cameras

put some final touches and get this bad boy finished

updated 10/30/14

got my oracle put in

just gotta slap the rims on now

Last edited by Fam0516; 10-30-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey do u have any left over parts off the bad motor? i need a few parts for my 3.5 to 5.7 swap
    Members that have helped with the swap
    Brent Hughes
    Dennis (DennisH)
    (Decepticon)
    Marcos (Prican_2000)
    Ron (SuperFrawgie1361)
    Luke (04hemipwr)
    (BrewV)
    ANDY (ANDY@ECMPTS)
    Aaron (Tobysdad22209)
    Dan(drp6982)
    (Fam0516)
    Matt(6.1mjk)
    Mike(AvantSRT8)

Post Thanks / Like
    dont mind the rocker panels not being on lol

got the suede headliner done

and the interior still not done dying everything so dint mind the mis match

wheel close up

gas station photo op

Last edited by Fam0516; 11-21-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Likes jocheltree liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    one of the things im having a hard time finding is the motor mount brackets. not the mounts but the bracket the attaches the mount to the actual engine block
    Members that have helped with the swap
    Brent Hughes
    Dennis (DennisH)
    (Decepticon)
    Marcos (Prican_2000)
    Ron (SuperFrawgie1361)
    Luke (04hemipwr)
    (BrewV)
    ANDY (ANDY@ECMPTS)
    Aaron (Tobysdad22209)
    Dan(drp6982)
    (Fam0516)
    Matt(6.1mjk)
    Mike(AvantSRT8)

Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE how they did the fender!!!! I will have to remember that one

any pictures of what was done to the core support? or did the headlights mount up perfectly?
    2015 SUBLIME M6 SRT 392 Challenger
    Stock, Stock, Stockidy Stock Stock Stock.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Subbed for more pics.
    2014 Nissan GT-R black edition. FBO E85 650 awhp

Tell your friends.
    Thanks Fam0516 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    F'n sweet Fam!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice.. Real Nice....

06 SRTC
    - SPC - Hellwig/Police Sways - BC Coils/Swift Springs - Drake FSB - LMI CF CAI - Corsa Extreme - 08+ Black Leather Int. Conv. - 2010 SRT Charger Interior - Hurst - 91 Tune - MTCM - HC 20X9/10 - HC 6 Pot - LED OEM Tail Conv. - Sponh Arms - BT Bling - Chrome Delete -

Post Thanks / Like
    That is going to be gorgeous once completed. It is killer looking right now!
    Sales and Support | Speedlogix, Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks BAD ASS!
    Die Hard Mopar fan~ '66 Chrysler Newport Sedan ('86-'93 RIP), '93 Eagle Vision (awesome car) ('93-'95), '95 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe ('95-'97), '97 Dodge Stratus ('97-'99),1968 Chrysler Town & Country Wagon ('95-'99), '66 Chrysler Newport Coupe ('99-'04), 66 Chrysler Newport Sedan ('04-present), 2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD ('06-present - wifes car),
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT (silver, tow package, full SRT exhaust, heads shaved .020, custom tune by Diablotoona)

Post Thanks / Like
    Very very interesting! I like it!!!!
    2006 Dodge Charger R/T - 85mm Throttle Body, AFE Stage 2 CAI, 6.1 Intake Manifold, Modern Muscle Intake Adapters, 219/223 cam, 6.1 pushrods, Manley NEXTEK Valve Springs, 6.1 Timing Chain, 6.1 oil pump, Edelbrock Titech Headers, Flowmasters X pipe, Thrush 2 Chamber Mufflers, Flowmaster Resonators and tailpipes, 3200 Edge Converter, Mopar TCM, Tranzformer, Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter, 3.06, Brake Performance drilled and slotted rotors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that is KICK ASS!!
    Subscribed for more!!

"The Blessed Hellride"
    Mods.... My Garage

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by noremac View Post
    I LOVE how they did the fender!!!! I will have to remember that one

any pictures of what was done to the core support? or did the headlights mount up perfectly?

not really showing too much of the build process. due to him reproducing fenders to sell

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread