Thread: ESC Light

Post Thanks / Like

ESC Light

I recently had a leak coming from my electronic Power Steering reservoir on my 2013 Dodge Charger R/T. I purchased an reservoir replacement kit from RockAuto. To access the reservoir I had to remove the passenger wheel and fender liner. While changing it, I think I damaged my traction control sensor cable. After putting everything back together I had both the ESC and the ABS light on. I ordered all 4 traction control sensor cables and replaced all 4 of them. After replacing them the ABS light went out, but I still have the ESC light on. I am able to use the cruise control due to the light. Does anyone know what might be wrong, or how it can be reset? I tried serveral recommendations about the sequence of starting the car and rotating the steering wheel to reset the position sensors. At this point I am not sure if it has something to do with my power steering or my traction control sensors. Any have any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you pull any codes or try resetting them with a scanner?

Post Thanks / Like
    No check engine light, so no codes unless there is some more advanced scan tool.

Post Thanks / Like
    You would need something to be able to read abs codes, yeah

Post Thanks / Like
    Following to learn. Tell us about the leak, crack, hole? Tell us about it while you look for the other?

Post Thanks / Like
    how far did you drive it? you might have to drive it about 15-20 miles to get the light to turn off. Mine stayed on a while after a battery reset and it took a while for it to get its bearings so to speak.
    Mopar11 Charger, MMX Cam, BBK Shorty Headers, Hemifever tune, Getrag 3.91 LSD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post
    Following to learn. Tell us about the leak, crack, hole? Tell us about it while you look for the other?
    The leak was just from the seals on the reservoir. Seals are not sold specifically for the reservoir, so the only option is to replace the entire pump, or buy a reservoir kit from Doorman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kb67mopar View Post
    how far did you drive it? you might have to drive it about 15-20 miles to get the light to turn off. Mine stayed on a while after a battery reset and it took a while for it to get its bearings so to speak.
    it has been driven over 1500 miles after, still no change on the light.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagic5 View Post
    You would need something to be able to read abs codes, yeah
    I finally went and had the computer code scanned and I have the following code. ECU = ABS, DTC CODE = C006A-49. DTC DESCRIPTION = Multi-axis Acceleration Sensor-Internal Electronic Failure