Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Powerstop z23 vs z26

Dust is not bearable, going to order powerstops, I️ had z23 on the scat but I️ see they have a z26 track version... anyone know what the real difference is? They must be better right?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    Dust is not bearable, going to order powerstops, I️ had z23 on the scat but I️ see they have a z26 track version... anyone know what the real difference is? They must be better right?

If you've never had track pads...get ready.

They won't fade and will bite like a gator...but only after they warm up. Sudden/emergency stopping when they're cold WILL make you pucker up!

Sent from my XT1585 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Thanks Shortstack 392 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    If you've never had track pads...get ready.

They won't fade and will bite like a gator...but only after they warm up. Sudden/emergency stopping when they're cold WILL make you pucker up!

ok... so that sounds good I think? What does that mean for real world? I will never see the track but I think the z23's had times where they struggled from fade just after long drives...
    so is it better to get the z26's?
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the z26 kit on my car. It replaced some squeaky hawk pads that came with the car when I got it. The pads bite hard and have zero dust. The only time I've heard them make any noise is when I first press the brakes after I go to the car wash but it's rare. I haven't had any bad experiences with them when they are cold but I do take it easy when i first start driving

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    ok cool... yea I see z26 which are carbon & ceramic and then I see z17 which is just ceramic, then I see z23 which is also carbon and ceramic.
    So i guess the z26 is the best one for our cars and situations?

Post Thanks / Like
    I put the z23s on my wife's land cruiser and I was equally impressed, the z26 does seem to stop better and from higher speeds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to order the z26’s. The website only goes up to 2017 but I imagine they are same as 18?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes all the same. Z26 compound supposed to be the same as Z23, not exactly sure the difference. Some said Z23 has rubber backing, didn't notice any rubber on my Z23. Neither pad is a track pad, seriously keep your stock Brembo pads for track, the Z23 and Z26 and mild street pads by comparison.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidd View Post
    Yes all the same. Z26 compound supposed to be the same as Z23, not exactly sure the difference. Some said Z23 has rubber backing, didn't notice any rubber on my Z23. Neither pad is a track pad, seriously keep your stock Brembo pads for track, the Z23 and Z26 and mild street pads by comparison.

I've heard exactly the same. Z23 & Z26 are the same pads, but the Z23 has a rubber layer on the back, the Z26 has a steel shim. Supposedly the rubber keeps it quieter, and the steel back handles high heat better (but not track level heat!). I've had no problems with the Z26s on my Daytona (noise, grip, dust, fade). Agree, do not use either Powerstop pad for the track!
    '17 Destroyer Gray Charger Daytona 392
    Likes johnnyma45, Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ok... so that sounds good I think? What does that mean for real world? I will never see the track but I think the z23's had times where they struggled from fade just after long drives...
    so is it better to get the z26's?
    For real world (not that it matters since you've found out they're not track pads lol)...but for real world, track pads need to be heated up to be effective. They're designed to be used for road racing or autocross, where brakes get used a lot and excessive heat is present.

Normal (street) brakes fade when they get hot. They loose grip and don't perform anywhere near what they should...even when the pedal is mashed to the floor, they won't stop you. Track pads are the opposite.

They need to be heated up (several aggressive stops/slow downs) before the grip is generated. Once they get the heat, they will stop you without fade until you get tired of rounding corners (as if that would ever happen)

Thanks blue02 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidd View Post

So you are saying the Stock brembos can handle track or high heat, better than the powerstop ceramic carbon?

It’s really the dust that bothers me most... but at the same time I don’t want to downgrade lol

Post Thanks / Like
    So you are saying the Stock brembos can handle track or high heat, better than the powerstop ceramic carbon?

It’s really the dust that bothers me most... but at the same time I don’t want to downgrade lol

Absolutely, the stock Brembos are way more of a track pad than the Z26. They hit harder too when you first hit the brakes and you will feel a noticeable difference when you switch. Now the Z23/Z26 are fine for street but for track stay with stock pads or go with the PowerStop Track Day pads, these are a real race pad and is what Bondurant uses on the school's Hellcats. PST-1405 Is the 6-piston pad number.

Thanks blue02 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, so the powerstop track pads are Comparable to the brembos? What about dust??

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, so the powerstop track pads are Comparable to the brembos? What about dust??

Oh they will dust and probably squeak like all race pads do, can't run them on the street. Race only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can hear the race pads squeaking in this crazy video ... :D

Sebring - YouTube

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast