Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    You’re talking about a quite different transmission. With your a5 you also have a getrag rear. The above will have an a8 trans with a zf rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    for the price the 3.90 rear seems hard to beat on a 5.7 car! the 3.09 and 3.70 are almost double from what ive seen looking around.. crazy! ill take the torque I guess haha can't effect the mileage on the road that much id imagine
    '06 2500 RCLB Cummins
    Firepunk CSP5 Tuned
    Pusher Twin Turbos
    Thuren Suspension
    20x12 Fuel Flows
    for sale 25k obo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    You’re talking about a quite different transmission. With your a5 you also have a getrag rear. The above will have an a8 trans with a zf rear.

That might be true but my experience in how the engine handles a shorter gear ratio at highway speeds still applies though the exact speeds will be different between the two. I guess I am just trying to say that I don't find a huge issue with letting the engine spin faster, it doesn't seem to mind and the gas mileage penalty isn't seemingly huge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thewayfastwhitey View Post
    for the price the 3.90 rear seems hard to beat on a 5.7 car! the 3.09 and 3.70 are almost double from what ive seen looking around.. crazy! ill take the torque I guess haha can't effect the mileage on the road that much id imagine
    I know of a few that have run the 3.90 and love it. I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to give it a shot. Especially with the price difference. 3.09 and 3.70 you’d have to find used to get a good deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by kb67mopar View Post
    That might be true but my experience in how the engine handles a shorter gear ratio at highway speeds still applies though the exact speeds will be different between the two. I guess I am just trying to say that I don't find a huge issue with letting the engine spin faster, it doesn't seem to mind and the gas mileage penalty isn't seemingly huge.
    Right on , I’m not saying I wouldn’t do a 3.90 with a 5.7 , or even a stock 6.4. Just saying it’s a much different comparison. First gear in the a8 is already tall. Still at close to stock power levels it’s a solid choice, and didn’t affect the final drive all too much , maybe around 3-400 rpms.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a 3.90 in my Scat when it was N/A and loved it .
    3.90 now lives in my brothers SRT . drag radials required.
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123