Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dealer Service reset my Valet Mode - WTF?!?

So I take my Scat in for its 1000 mile oil change (I dont do the oil myself anymore), and I activate Valet mode for obvious reasons.
    When I get the car back, the valet code I put in doesnt work. Now this is the only code I use, so I dont mistake the actual numbers for anything else.
    I didnt say anything at the dealer and drove home in Valet mode thinking maybe I did screw it up putting it in. After putting in every code that I could have fatfingered with nothing working, Im still thinking they unhooked the battery and set a new code to spite me.
    When I get home I unhook the battery and the car is back to normal.
    But I looked at the terminals in the front and back and they dont look like anyone wrenched on them. Is it possible they pulled a fuse?

This is the very first time Ive been to this dealer that is closer to me. Im drafting a nasty letter right now, but Im here first to see if there is anything I should consider, or if anyone knows how Valet mode can be reset without disconnecting the battery, or pulling a fuse, or whatever. Is it possible something they did tripped up valet mode? They did try to hook their Ipad up to the OBD port to read the car, but it wouldnt work.
    Even with a letter, I cant imagine the dealer actually doing anything. But the last dealer I used sucked and I was trying a new one. This is not a ghetto dealer.

Im so pissed right now. Does anyone have any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    They got to break in the new oil lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    They did that because you took it in for an oil change at 1000 miles lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    WTF? Did you contact Z Automotive and ask them what could have happened?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what valet mode is, or how it works, but if can't trust the people changing your oil not to joy ride it, maybe find somewhere else? When I leave my car with a business (tint shop, body shop, dealership) I always ask that if it gets sideways that they don't slam on the brakes, just stay in the throttle and ride it out. These cars were made to be driven, don't sweat it.

bill

2007 BB Charger SRT8
    Airaid CAI, 180 Tstat, BT Catch Can, D1S HID headlight conversion, red led interior swap, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, MTCM, 3.73 getrag, six speed motor mounts, Lakewood 70/30 front shocks w/ V6 springs and 50/50s in back, SRT Max Plus, Paramount 55series Nag1 and torque converter, CTP solid cradle bushings
    285/35 R20 Michelin Pilot Supersports all 4 wheels
    28" hoosier slicks, MH racemaster skinnies.
    Tuned by Tim @ MPH. 403 RWHP, 402 TQ.
    12.133@111.42, 1.762 60' 620 DA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatvet View Post
    WTF? Did you contact Z Automotive and ask them what could have happened?
    Its not The Tazer, valet mode comes with the car.

Well unfortunately Im a little paranoid because of the last service dealer so I was trying a new one.

And I think the manual suggests changing the oil at 1000 miles. I know how some people here dont care about break in period, I kinda do.

So Im guessing if you guys think I got what I deserved, then I will definitely be sending in the complaint letter. Then I can see if it happens again.
    Last edited by Harry Hemi; 03-13-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not saying you got what you deserved, just that there was no harm done. No need to write a nasty letter, just go in and ask them what's up.

2007 BB Charger SRT8
    Airaid CAI, 180 Tstat, BT Catch Can, D1S HID headlight conversion, red led interior swap, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, MTCM, 3.73 getrag, six speed motor mounts, Lakewood 70/30 front shocks w/ V6 springs and 50/50s in back, SRT Max Plus, Paramount 55series Nag1 and torque converter, CTP solid cradle bushings
    285/35 R20 Michelin Pilot Supersports all 4 wheels
    28" hoosier slicks, MH racemaster skinnies.
    Tuned by Tim @ MPH. 403 RWHP, 402 TQ.
    12.133@111.42, 1.762 60' 620 DA

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I NEVER said you got what you deserved and didn't even intend to imply it. That's why I said "LOL"

I pick on people, that's just how I am.

I think that oil changes at 1000 miles when it comes with oil ready to go the distances is a waste of money. It's your money if you want to spend it, do it.

I fully understand why you feel the way you feel. My car had to have some body repairs done when I picked it up brand new....I had reset the meters and the top speed was 142 when I got it back. I was pissed and they heard about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
    Its not The Tazer, valet mode comes with the car.

Well unfortunately Im a little paranoid because of the last service dealer so I was trying a new one.

And I think the manual suggests changing the oil at 1000 miles. I know how some people here dont care about break in period, I kinda do.

So Im guessing if you guys think I got what I deserved, then I will definitely be sending in the complaint letter. Then I can see if it happens again.
    What year and model do you have? Thought Valet mode was only on SRT and MY19 392 cars. Your profile pic looks like a R/T.

Also you might want to read the manual again, no mention of 1000mi oil change. There's an oil life monitor for a reason, a lot of dealers shun at changing before it hits 20%. With that said, it's your car. It will never hurt anything but your wallet to change it early.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
    What year and model do you have? Thought Valet mode was only on SRT and MY19 392 cars. Your profile pic looks like a R/T.

Also you might want to read the manual again, no mention of 1000mi oil change. There's an oil life monitor for a reason, a lot of dealers shun at changing before it hits 20%. With that said, it's your car. It will never hurt anything but your wallet to change it early.
    I havent updated my Avatar yet, but I bought a 2019 Scat pack a couple of weeks ago. I have to find someplace to upload pictures so I can post them, Ive just been procrastinating on it.
    Likes SuperSound liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post

I think that oil changes at 1000 miles when it comes with oil ready to go the distances is a waste of money. It's your money if you want to spend it, do it.

I fully understand why you feel the way you feel. My car had to have some body repairs done when I picked it up brand new....I had reset the meters and the top speed was 142 when I got it back. I was pissed and they heard about it.

Id never done an oil change at 1000 miles before with any car, but with this motor I read its good to do because of the new metal that shows up during break in. I figured why not. But now I cant find where I read that. I know I didnt dream it.

Your situation was alot worse than mine, I just found a video that showed I just need to pull fuse 37 to reset the radio. Not nearly as severe as body damage.

Its the principle. I dont get upset about much, but Im not having a service tech tell me I shouldnt use my valet mode when I want with my brand new car, for my piece of mind.

Im going to call them in the morning, I think thats the only thing that will help me stop thinking about it. Having a hard time letting this go. Im going to expect a less than receptive reaction from the manager.
    Last edited by Harry Hemi; 03-13-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you keep track of the milage to see if they took it for a drive? Hopefully someone here works at a dealer and can verify if it can be reset and how. Hope u get it sorted out to your satisfaction. Keep us informed

Sent from my SM-G950W using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not.
    But the Advisor put the in/out mileage on the receipt, and there was no change, but I didnt look at it previously so I cant say I know for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    If they flashed the PCM would that reset the Valet? Still not sure why or how the password got changed.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    yes I'm pretty sure removing the fuse will reset valet mode. My 16 (with tazer) got stuck in valet mode once and wouldn't go back to normal so I pulled the fuse, let it reset, came back to car and valet mode was OFF... however that was in a 16 MY with tazer, as mentioned here now my 19 has it built in so I don't know if it will act the same but in any case, dealer surely has the knowledge of how to shut off valet mode. I'm also not too concerned about the dealer because if something did happen at least they can fix just about anything... I know that's not what you want to hear but I don't think you can avoid that situation
    '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 E90 M3; '07 335I Active Autowerks ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast