Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

tint and dot matrix rear window

can you guys post some pics how yours looks like? did you end up painting or putting vinyl to make it look better? or it was not an issue with your tint guy at all?

Mine did not come perfect and since it is on the top, very visible from the inside and outside.
    2019 Charger Scat Pack Destroyer Grey, Dynamics Package, Plus Group, Dual Carbon Stripe

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't even realize it's there until I clean the inside of the rear glass and then forget about it just as quickly.

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    Hemifever tune
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    AES bypass
    eBay longtube headers
    2016 Charger Scat PackLMI Intake3.70 gearsLongtube headersBorla AtakActive exhaust deleteHemifever Tuning
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BorisGT View Post
    can you guys post some pics how yours looks like? did you end up painting or putting vinyl to make it look better? or it was not an issue with your tint guy at all?

Mine did not come perfect and since it is on the top, very visible from the inside and outside.
    Same issue with mine. But, it's not readily noticeable unless I'm outside looking at that part of the rear window. From inside, I can't really see it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine came out fine...
    Untitled by snobrdrdan1, on Flickr
    2018 Charger R/T

Post Thanks / Like
    this is how mine looks like from the inside and outside. I do not like it at all.

but the further you are from it, the less noticeable it becomes

2019 Charger Scat Pack Destroyer Grey, Dynamics Package, Plus Group, Dual Carbon Stripe

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like mine and every other window with the dots I've ever seen.

2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    Hemifever tune
    3.70 gears
    Borla Atak
    AES bypass
    eBay longtube headers
    2016 Charger Scat PackLMI Intake3.70 gearsLongtube headersBorla AtakActive exhaust deleteHemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    In the grand scheme of things is it really an issue that needs drastic measures like paint? I think not. If it were a show car I could maybe see doing something, but 99% of the vehicles on the road don't fit in that category.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have mine tinted, but was done before I bought it...no bubbles on the matrix...as I was told a few years ago, is that any tinter worth using can do it without bubbles as an end result...may show bubble when done initially though...

Good Luck with getting what you need!
    MoparMinion is my 2006 Top Bananuh (intentionally spelled wrong) #2915, Best ET 14.10

Drag Racer at heart, but more a racer than a mechanic...
    Previous/Current Cars worth mentioning: 1981 Fairmont Wagon - 10.45 (current racecar), 2013 Mustang GT M6 - 12.79, 2013 EcoBoost Flex -14.36, 2001 Mustang GT - 13.21, 07 cbr600rr - 10.73, Suzuki Hayabusa - 10.79 (spun every pass), 1986 Mustang GT - 14.01, 1968 Impala - 13.92, 1972 Cutlass S - 14.11
    Likes BorisGT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am trying to figure out if this is "normal" with a good installer (my guy was highly recommended by someone I know and he also tints for a local Dodge dealership too) or this is an install issue and I should demand to redo it. I am not going to paint it or put vinyl as I do not want to limit visibility.

I saw a long thread on a hellcat forum and some people said it should not happen with a good installer but then some people said it was totally normal on these cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    just walked around parking lot at work - we have all kind of cars from 1k to 150k

Only a few cars had this ugly wide dot matrix thingy on the rear. Even found one charger SXT with a dark tint and the dot matrix actually did not look as bad as mine but that car was very dirty.

Saw Volvo S40 with a similar dot matrix. Every other car (I and checked like 200 hundred) did not have dot matrix thing that big. What the heck. I guess I found a second thing on my SP I do not like after having it for a month (first was a headrest that does not tilt).

Post Thanks / Like
    Yours doesn't look bad on the outside, but that's (unfortunately) the normal view from the inside.
    It is what it is though....I wouldn't waste my time or money have it re-tinted though
    2018 Charger R/T

Post Thanks / Like
    here is another close up pic for you guys. Called another installer who did my previous car and he said he would try to redo it but he cannot guarantee it will look better (he looked at my pics). He said he could try to grind the dots down with 1000 grit (and it might help or not) or glue it but he said glue normally does not held up well to heat as the tint adhesive and might fall apart at some point. I feel better now...It just quite a few people on other forums said it was installer issue - maybe their installers glue them up and did not even ask or told them about that.

I do have another issue though with a bunch of tiny bubbles and dark contaminants in them after the film dried out (it's been 3 weeks now). Especially on a front windshield, there is like a few dozens of tiny ones - is it normal? Tried to take a pic but it is impossible to see on a picture.

When I did my parking lot inspection, I did see a lot of cars with these tiny dried out bubbles. Am I too picky or should demand to redo it?

Post Thanks / Like
    here is another close up pic for you guys. Called another installer who did my previous car and he said he would try to redo it but he cannot guarantee it will look better (he looked at my pics). He said he could try to grind the dots down with 1000 grit (and it might help or not) or glue it but he said glue normally does not held up well to heat as the tint adhesive and might fall apart at some point. I feel better now...It just quite a few people on other forums said it was installer issue - maybe their installers glue them up and did not even ask or told them about that.

I do have another issue though with a bunch of tiny bubbles and dark contaminants in them after the film dried out (it's been 3 weeks now). Especially on a front windshield, there is like a few dozens of tiny ones - is it normal? Tried to take a pic but it is impossible to see on a picture.

When I did my parking lot inspection, I did see a lot of cars with these tiny dried out bubbles. Am I too picky or should demand to redo it?

I’ve had a lot of cArs tinted and now I’m picky. Good installer won’t have a lot of bubbles maybe couple here and there. I see your bubbles on the bottom. I had the original guy who tinted my windshield tried to re do it 3 times and told me he couldn’t get it done he had more then 15 bubbles on there. Took it to a better and more expensive and known place and be re did it with 1 little bubble only

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Likes BorisGT, MoparMinion liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by calirose17 View Post
    I’ve had a lot of cArs tinted and now I’m picky. Good installer won’t have a lot of bubbles maybe couple here and there. I see your bubbles on the bottom. I had the original guy who tinted my windshield tried to re do it 3 times and told me he couldn’t get it done he had more then 15 bubbles on there. Took it to a better and more expensive and known place and be re did it with 1 little bubble only

thanks! Man, I have these bubbles on _every_ single window and I can count at least 10-15 on each window. On one side window, I have a cluster of like 30 bubbles. Really sloppy. Even on a tiny side window in the back. And I parked my car under the sun for 7 days now almost every day.

He said he can redo but I really question now if he can. Did you get a refund from your first guy and did he remove his tint before you went to another place? Also were you concerned about him messing up the glass? My concern with having him redo is that he might mess it up even more with a razor blade and scratch my glass.

I cannot sleep for a week now :( Stuff like this drives me nuts. You go to a pro, pay him money (I paid $300) and hope he will do his part. He told me he had been doing this for 18 years and also does this for a local FCA dealer.

I think he also scratched drivers window but I cannot prove it as I am not sure it was not the dealership who did it when they were prepping the car.
    Likes calirose17 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks! Man, I have these bubbles on _every_ single window and I can count at least 10-15 on each window. On one side window, I have a cluster of like 30 bubbles. Really sloppy. Even on a tiny side window in the back. And I parked my car under the sun for 7 days now almost every day.

He said he can redo but I really question now if he can. Did you get a refund from your first guy and did he remove his tint before you went to another place? Also were you concerned about him messing up the glass? My concern with having him redo is that he might mess it up even more with a razor blade and scratch my glass.

I cannot sleep for a week now :( Stuff like this drives me nuts. You go to a pro, pay him money (I paid $300) and hope he will do his part. He told me he had been doing this for 18 years and also does this for a local FCA dealer.

I think he also scratched drivers window but I cannot prove it as I am not sure it was not the dealership who did it when they were prepping the car.
    Haha ya bro you sound like me. I get OCD with a lot of things now. This guy has a deal with our local ford and infinity dealer too. His installer did my car. First couple times it was mainly windshield he was having problems with. First time I did 20 on sides and 70 on windshield when re replaced windshield I had him do 15 on sides and rear. Windshield had a lot of bubbles again. He asked if I wanted my money back or re do them. I said take of the windshield keep the rest. He gave me a refund for windshield since the other windows were ok and he also upgraded me to the ceramic tint the second time. So it to another shop which is awesome. Had maybe one or 2 bubbles on the windshield and it was probally due to the lack of residue the first guy left behind. And yes after the second time I was like crap this guy might mess up my rear glass and defroster etc

Thanks BorisGT thanked for this post
    Likes BorisGT liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast