Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 59 of 59

Thread: Tires

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Apex, NC
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    I’d be willing to bet you could lower that 60’ going around the box and not dripping the water off of your front tires in front of your rears.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know. My buddy goes around the water box with his 18 Challenger and he didn't see an decrease in 60 ft but I'll give it a try tomorrow night and see what happens.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 Scat Pack Charger | Destroyer Gray |
    Likes ronan978 liked this post



  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    3,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    Burnout or no burnout with the dry tires? I hear a lot of arguments both ways.

    Galactus hungers...
    You don't do it with dry tires, you drive around the water box, then back into it.

    Once your rears are wet, pull up OUT of the water box and scrub them off with a little burnout (street tires do not need a big John Force burn out). That way, your fronts are dry and you're not flinging water up into the rear wheel wells only to have it drip back onto your tires.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Apex, NC
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    Not to sidetrack from the original thread, but those are some pretty cool center caps.

    Galactus hungers...
    Thanks, my friend made them for me.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 Scat Pack Charger | Destroyer Gray |

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    7,530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    (street tires do not need a big John Force burn out)....

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    So when I make 8 runs (1/4 mile run, 1/4 shutdown and 1/2 mile back) and put 22 miles on my odometer, the burnouts are excessive?? :-) I like me some tire smoke lol. That's on street tires too btw at the end of their life...
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    3,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWagon View Post
    So when I make 8 runs (1/4 mile run, 1/4 shutdown and 1/2 mile back) and put 22 miles on my odometer, the burnouts are excessive?? :-) I like me some tire smoke lol. That's on street tires too btw at the end of their life...
    Lol. *MOST* street tire compounds actually get greasy when they get too hot and I know that you know that ;-)

    I put that out there for folks that might not know and think they need a 330' smoke show on street tires.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes ronan978, ChuckWagon liked this post

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,307
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most tracks make “street tread” cars drive around. Then back into the water. Street tread will drag the water out too far.


    Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    7,530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Lol. *MOST* street tire compounds actually get greasy when they get too hot and I know that you know that ;-)

    I put that out there for folks that might not know and think they need a 330' smoke show on street tires.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Yeah they do. Although...it is fun to go through the beam sideways, smoke boilin' off the tires at 100mph...jus' sayin.
    Few folks at work think that smoking their 550 treadwear tires is cool and means they got lots of power....I smile and let them think they all that, knowing, that if they had a 180 or 220 treadwear rated tire, they might just get a chirp out of them, while I get first, second and third gear stripes until boredom sets in...dang it...now I need me some tire smoke...got the jitters lol
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package, 6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression 2016 Hellcat Charger rear cradle and brakes swap, DSS 4" custom driveshaft, 3.09 Scat Pack rear diff.
    Likes ronan978, punisher69 liked this post

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    3,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWagon View Post
    Yeah they do. Although...it is fun to go through the beam sideways, smoke boilin' off the tires at 100mph...jus' sayin.
    Few folks at work think that smoking their 550 treadwear tires is cool and means they got lots of power....I smile and let them think they all that, knowing, that if they had a 180 or 220 treadwear rated tire, they might just get a chirp out of them, while I get first, second and third gear stripes until boredom sets in...dang it...now I need me some tire smoke...got the jitters lol
    You're talking to a guy that used his car as a smoke machine for a music video Tires

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    You're talking to a guy that used his car as a smoke machine for a music video Tires

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    No z-rated means the treadwear!!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayres View Post
    I'm running 10.5 in rim with 315 35 20's I drive right thru the water box and do a 2 to 3 second burnout. I launch at about 800 to 1200 rpm's. It hooks most of the time.
    I forgot to ask what tire pressure you're running?
    2016 Charger SRT TorRed Best: ET 12.70, MPH 112.30 (DA 2446ft.), 60ft. (1.95 radials) BBK 85mm, AFE CAI, Johan 91Oct tune. 1/2 Mile: 135.38mph, 1 Mile: 160.0mph; 1.5 mile 170 (let off to avoid breaking out of 170 class)

    2008 Caliber SRT4 Inferno Red - SOLD 14.091@105.93 (2.327 60 ft.) MS1K v.2, MPx catted DP, K&N drop-in, NGK plugs, RT 180, Mopar hitch, new short block @ 82,000
    2007 300C SRT8 Inferno Red - SOLD 12.77@110.71 (2.003 60 ft.) AFE CAI, Predator 93 CAI, Magnaflow gutted high-flow cats, Stack intake spacer, BBK 85mm TB, JET 188, Proxes 4 275/40ZR20

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,931
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    Burnout or no burnout with the dry tires? I hear a lot of arguments both ways.

    Galactus hungers...
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    You don't do it with dry tires, you drive around the water box, then back into it.

    Once your rears are wet, pull up OUT of the water box and scrub them off with a little burnout (street tires do not need a big John Force burn out). That way, your fronts are dry and you're not flinging water up into the rear wheel wells only to have it drip back onto your tires.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Exactly like Billy said ^^ just cleaning them off should suffice. A few times I went with Brad(he hasn’t been around in a while:( ) but he was cutting 1.8’s with 275 atturos in his 5.7 with this method @ around 25psi. I though that wasn’t bad for a street tire , and a 275 at that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Apex, NC
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FST4GM View Post
    I forgot to ask what tire pressure you're running?
    25 lbs. I started with 28 and 25 seems to be the sweet spot on street tires for me.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 Scat Pack Charger | Destroyer Gray |
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    3,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric40962005 View Post
    No z-rated means the treadwear!!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shhhhhh, grown-ups are talking.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes Bayres liked this post

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Shhhhhh, grown-ups are talking.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Dislike


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •