Thread: Tires

Post Thanks / Like

Tires

Looking for tire recommendations for my 2017 Daytona 5.7

I don't race, and I value tread wear heavily. 245/45/20 all around.

First replacement, as the Eagle RS A2's that came on them got me a good 43K.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Not looking to go over $200 per, if possible

Sent from my SM-G965U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Yokohama or Hankook. I have Yokohama's on my 08 Corvette. I have Hankook's on my Scat and also had them on my 10 Challenger.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Last edited by hemi_57; 07-11-2019 at 11:50 PM.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site
    Thanks Jack2thebeast thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I value tread wear heavily.
    Not likely to help then but I just put on BFG Sport Comp 2's. The summers not the all seasons. Car is glued.
    16 Charger RT, R1 slotted rotors, ST pads, Mopar super track pack suspension, Mopar strut bar
    07 300 SRT8-retired

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a set of wheels that had brand new Champiro GT radials. I decided just to run them. After thousands of miles I have had no issues. Reasonably priced.
    2007 Charger 5.7 Police Package. Diablosport Predator 93 CAI tune, Eibach Pro S coilovers, Falken Azenis RT615 tires-255/45/18, B&M deep trans pan, DC strut bar, K&N CAI, Moroso catch can, Hawk HPS plus brakes, Goodridge SS brake hoses Aeroforce gauges.

Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW, I had General GMax's on my last car, and they were great even in the rain and snow. I just looked 'em up on TireRack, they are $175 a piece.
    '16 Charger R/T - GoMango with HyperBlack wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Big fav of mine is the Cooper RS3-G1's. They're an all season tire with mileage warranty. They have rim protection and the grip in all conditions is great. They're also pretty quiet on the road. When bought on sale which happens often, they can be bought for under $800 for all 4.
    20% window tint Custom Wrap Corsa Extreme Cat-Back exhaust Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 275/40r20

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had good luck with my Delinte DS8's. Been on a year and still look new. Daily driver. At $105 per tire. $105.97 - Delinte DS8 P245/45R-20 tires | Buy Delinte DS8 tires at SimpleTire
    Charged Motorworks Front Bumper, Wide Body Kit, & Hellcat Hood, Hellcat Spoiler, Hellcat Rear Bumper, Roof Spoiler w/LED, Dual Exhaust, Blastin Bob Tips, Jones Full Boar V-Tube Muffler, De-badged, Painted LED Tail-lights & Side Markers, AAD Performance Upper Control Arms, XM-313 20x10 -24 & 20x12 -44, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20, ST Coilovers, Avin Radio, BigBully, BT Catch Can, 73mm TB, Hypertech Tune, American Bass XR12, American Bass Amp, Frozen Rotors, Hawk Street5.0, Progress 35/22mm Sway Bars, Flashtech Halo, Diode Dynamic Demon eye & HID.The "THRESHER" Build Page

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the General G-MAX AS-05 at Discount tire. Competitive and will price compete. Road Force balance by default, excellent road hazard warranty, free rotate and balance. Its a new store, not sure if any or all of the older stores have updated their balancers, check first.

Almost 4k miles now and they are great handling and quiet. I like the wide flat tread profile, 245/45/20 and the rim protection. Normally a Michelin fan boy for 20 years I may never go back.

Cons are but not deal breakers:
    Minor flat spotting even in warm weather for the 1st 1/8th mile or so when parked on my cool garaged cement floor. My house is over my garage so the floor stays pretty cool.
    On grooved or textured concrete road surfaces there is a kind of ringing, very low, you have to be like myself listening for it with intent. Its kind of like what you hear if you have the tire off of the car and you tap it with a hammer handle. I repeat its VERY low volume and only on select cement surfaces. I had Michelin Premier AS tires that did similar on the same kind of surfaces.
    Last edited by gapi; 07-16-2019 at 10:17 AM.