Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    This post made me buy them this weekend in a 275 size. Sadly they had to be ordered since tire shop’s stock was gone..can’t wait to get them in

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Likes Sunwalker12, Dextar liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit392 View Post
    This post made me buy them this weekend in a 275 size. Sadly they had to be ordered since tire shop’s stock was gone..can’t wait to get them in

Please let us know how they handle and grip. You have a scat? Stock 245s right now?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    2017 Pitch Black Charger Scat Pack 392
    20% tint, Billet Technologies Matte Black Catch Can, LED interior lighting, ZL1 Rock Guards, K&N drop in filter, MaxBeam Smoked LED side markers
    Likes Bandit392 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't put these on my car yet but I am planning on it. I had them on my 12 300 5.7 and it was a night and day difference in handling and traction in the rain and snow. I'm in NYC and after I had put them on my 300 there isn't another tire I would want on my car for the winter here to be honest. Had them on my 16 Audi a6 also and even with the Quattro they were better then the factory tires in the elements. The Continental dws06 are def my top favorite tires. The only downfall I have to say is that I find the sidewall to be a little"weak" , not saying it's not sturdy under handing because it is. I had blown 3 tires on my Audi due to the sidewall getting ripped on a pothole all within a year. Seemed like if the pothole was jagged as soon as the sidewall scraped it it was new tire time. Granted the Audi tires had a way smaller sidewall size but I did have to come out of pocket 3 times. Never had that problem with my 300 though and the size on that was 245. And I hit a lot of road hazards with those too. Even with replacing the Audi ones I am still going to say for rain and snow it's the tire for these cars.

Sent from my G9 PRO using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I have about 25k miles on mine and 90% of the tread is half worn. The neg camber on the rear has worn down the inside edge again long before the rest of the tire. All four are worn the same as I rotate. Still great traction all around but will need replacement soon.

The SPC rear camber kit might be in my future. Need too bring in the camber to the lower end of the range, -0.5 degrees? Hopefully it won't hurt handling or stability and the tire wear will be much better. Hate ditching the tires with the D W and S still showing on the tread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post
    Are any of you DWS 06 b users in the north?
    I'm curious about if they flat spot after sitting after a certain time span.
    I have General G-MAX AS-05's (Continental Owned Brand) and although I love the tires in every way, even in summer after sitting in my cool garage 24hrs or more they will flat a "little" for 800 - 1000 yards.
    I was surprised this week with weather in the 30's they didn't do any worse.

I'm curious about the DWS 06. I admit I can put up with a little. I wouldn't mind swapping to the DWS 06 just to experience them.
    I'm in Michigan....my car will sit for 2-3 days most of the time, and I've never noticed any flat spotting.
    2019 Charger Scat Pack
    Thanks gapi thanked for this post
    Likes gapi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 485392 View Post
    The Continental dws06 are def my top favorite tires. The only downfall I have to say is that I find the sidewall to be a little"weak" , not saying it's not sturdy under handing because it is.
    This is true...Conti's DO have softer sidewalls, but because of that you do get a better ride with them as well
    2019 Charger Scat Pack
    Likes 485392 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    Please let us know how they handle and grip. You have a scat? Stock 245s right now?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    So far I’ve had these wheels on for a week. Upgraded from stock 245’s. The car hugs corners a lot better and I feel a better ride difference. Will need more time for a more detailed review. And yes it’s a scat....for now lol

Likes snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: Someone has been having fun with my Scat lately.

Rears are done at almost 30k miles. Fronts might go a little longer but I'll do all four. Tirerack has the 255/45-20 size for less $s than the 245/45-20s. I can't see spending $30 more each for the 275/40-20s when it has only 0.5" of extra treadwidth over the 255s.

Even though these are all seasons, I can't imagine ever pushing the car hard enough on the street to justify summers. I never pushed the last set to their limits in a fast corner. I thought about getting some dedicated winters on 18"s and switching to summers from April though November but can't justify the cost right now. Not enough snow here to benefit from winters and the DWS 06 is that good all around.
    Likes gapi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Month update:

The tires are effing amazing. I slapped them on the front end as I just also recently bought some Indy 500’s from fire stone in late July. The conti’s are incredible imo. I feel way much more grab up front and squaring off all corners in 275 makes the car just ride so much better. The Indy’s are a bit noisy but cannot complain. Had a blast with them during summer while it lasted & are handling very well in the rain. The conti’s are also handling the rain extremely well. Very pleased

Likes Sunwalker12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rod Joe View Post
    Update: Someone has been having fun with my Scat lately.

Rears are done at almost 30k miles. Fronts might go a little longer but I'll do all four. Tirerack has the 255/45-20 size for less $s than the 245/45-20s. I can't see spending $30 more each for the 275/40-20s when it has only 0.5" of extra treadwidth over the 255s.

Even though these are all seasons, I can't imagine ever pushing the car hard enough on the street to justify summers. I never pushed the last set to their limits in a fast corner. I thought about getting some dedicated winters on 18"s and switching to summers from April though November but can't justify the cost right now. Not enough snow here to benefit from winters and the DWS 06 is that good all around.
    Have you got the regular 9" wheels or the 9.5" (Dynamics package)?

I ask because I ran 255/45/20 on my original 9" SRT8/SRT wheels (the 245's up front were WAY too narrow!), and have the factory 275/40/20 on my 9.5" Dynamics wheels and the width difference is significant just to the eyeball; didn't measure as they were different brands of tire anyway. Obviously the wheel width is a contributing factor.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 9" base Scat wheels on my 16. 245 looks too small so I was happy to find the 255 size. I will have a square set up although I thought about having my rear rims widened to 10.5 for some 305s. There is a local machine shop here that does custom wheel work. I would probably need a thick spacer at they only widen the inside section I believe. Other expenses are a priority right now so it may a few years.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 9" base Scat wheels on my 16. 245 looks too small so I was happy to find the 255 size. I will have a square set up although I thought about having my rear rims widened to 10.5 for some 305s. There is a local machine shop here that does custom wheel work. I would probably need a thick spacer at they only widen the inside section I believe. Other expenses are a priority right now so it may a few years.
    You can buy a set of proper offset 10.5" or 11" wheels for the same or less as what having them widened for. I only paid $170 each for my Centerline 20x 10.5" +25mm offset.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    You could widen to 10" so that you need a smaller spacer. They fit a 305 very well. I am using a 10mm spacer with extended studs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | HHP Stage 2R Cam | 3.91 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Sport 4 315/35/20 & 275/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the 275/40/20 with fit the stock 9" Scat Pack wheels, but that's pushing things to the limit of fitment. Is there any advantage to using 9.5" wheels with the 275/40/20? It's only a half inch wider but does help keep the tire on the rim when cornering?

It seems the 9" SP wheels have a different offset than the other factory rims. I don't recall the specs but would the offset used on the 9.5" wheel help with handling?

I'm wondering if picking up a set of used 9.5" would be worthwhile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquer View Post
    I know the 275/40/20 with fit the stock 9" Scat Pack wheels, but that's pushing things to the limit of fitment. Is there any advantage to using 9.5" wheels with the 275/40/20? It's only a half inch wider but does help keep the tire on the rim when cornering?

It seems the 9" SP wheels have a different offset than the other factory rims. I don't recall the specs but would the offset used on the 9.5" wheel help with handling?

I'm wondering if picking up a set of used 9.5" would be worthwhile.
    The 275's fit the 9" rims better than the 245's. This is one of the very few times I don't agree with the engineers on what tire fits what wheel.

The only affect it has on handling is that it handles better.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Torquer thanked for this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast