Post Thanks / Like

Got an update notification.......

So Im on my way to work this morning around 7am, everything's ok until I get an update notification on the way there.....Now my sunroof wont close, my bluetooth is picking up my wife's phone and my itunes playlist is skipping tracks every split second until i manually select a song ON MY PHONE, then it works correctly, no luck with the touchscreen...smh....I didnt even click ok because i was driving. This update notice happened 3 times today with me not committing until I was parked safely at the house (didnt matter at this point). Second time was around lunch and again knocking off work. Oh yeah, I cant even use the uconnect in the car, and the clock is an hour behind.

btw, I have a '16.....Sooooo, I called uconnect support about an hour ago and went thru the soft reboot (press radio and tune knobs at the same time until screen goes black and flash screen appears). Nothing, same symptoms. Disconnected the battery....(both polarities correctly. Negative first, positive last.....then waited about 20 minutes). Reconnected in reverse order....and all I got was my bluetooth connecting correctly to my phone. All other symptoms remain. Anybody got a similar notification lately? Share your experience because even when i didnt allow this update, it still screwed with my car. No option, just a forced mishap with no option to reject. Now I got to head to the dealer with a case number for them to sort this out in the morning. I have a tazer hooked up (which i will un-marry once i get to work).....but frustrating nonetheless.

I will try to take a pic if it happens again in the morning on what it looks like. No code, no serial number, just some babble about an update to ensure uconnect is up to date blah blah blah......

Thoughts?......
    Last edited by ODB; 10-23-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just had the ota update, on my Hellcat. Fortunately, no issues, BUT there are a LOT of others with serious problems... post update.

Some radios don't work at all. Some audio speed settings are jacked up. All kinds of nonsense.

Also, contact @DodgeCares. They are all over issues like this.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    Last edited by diboblo; 10-23-2019 at 11:07 PM.
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Thanks ODB thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw it on a 200 2 days ago. Nothing on Scat. Sounds like they trying to screw some things around.
    2018 R/T Scat Pack11.995@ 116.79 Stock with k@n filter only
    SOLD 07 Plum Daytona 12.854 @ 106.73 Stock Heads, Cam, Intake & Muffler

Post Thanks / Like
    Had one a week or two ago. No issues that I've noticed.

2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/Hemifever tune/3.70 gears/Borla Atak/AES bypass/eBay longtube headers
    2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/3.70 gears/Longtube headers/Borla Atak/Active exhaust delete/Hemifever Tuning
    Likes ODB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 17 and have never got a OTA update.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    My Scat Pack Web Site

Post Thanks / Like
    I got an OTA update on my wifes 2015 and it went smooth. Everything worked afterwards.. so I guess I was lucky. It wouldn't really let me do anything till i ran the update so i was kinda forced to do it.
    20% window tint Custom Wrap Corsa Extreme Cat-Back exhaust Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 275/40r20

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I got back from the dealer & the service writer pulled me to the side and said “if I was you, don’t do it. There’s a 50/50 chance something will go wrong. I got a customer who’s driving a loaner for 3 weeks because of the latest update”. Also, trying to dumb it back down doesn’t help once the coding is loaded.
    Looks like I dodged a bullet. As far as the sunroof not working properly, it was misaligned. It just so happens it was coincidental when the alerts started popping up. Paid for that (which I regret after looking up YouTube), but in all honesty I thought it was all tied into the issues I was getting. So lesson learned .....

Assist is back to normal whereas yesterday it was dead.

I wish that FCA would pay better attention to detail before sending out bunk updates that create more headache than benefit. I wonder how long I can keep ignoring future updates before my head unit turns into a brick?

Post Thanks / Like
    The latest uconnect update that came out is not something you can not do. It will do it on it's own after a while. I update my 16 a few weeks back,. no issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two updates ago, I lost all audio on a road trip for a few hours. This latest one was not a problem on my 16.

My friend with a newer chevy completely removed the ability for his car to communicate with the outside world. I get what he did. As an electrical engineer, I think we have too much technology forced on us. While the mopar unconnect is the best infotainment system I have ever used, I still prefer knobs and buttons on my cars. And I actually design touch screen control systems for a living.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm about ready to wrap my cell antenna in a faraday bag.

Bob
    LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Likes ODB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    14 JGC got the uconnect update a week or so back, it's been working just fine.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com