Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you regret not getting a higher performance model?

V6>5.7>6.4>6.2

Outside of money, do you regret it? If not, why?

I personally love my Scat Pack but I honestly would love to have a Hellcat just for that name. I honestly don't need the power (and honestly, not sure I would want that much power.. being able to break the tires loose at highway speeds wtf) but damn would I like that supercharger whine. I keep looking at them as the prices keep dropping and it's so incredibly tempting to trade up to one. My wife keeps telling me I don't need one and I should be happy with what I've got. The Scat has gobs of power but it still can get beat by cheapo cars with a few mods that would require us to spend thousands.
    2017 Pitch Black Charger Scat Pack 392
    20% tint, BT Matte Black Catch Can, LED interior lighting, ZL1 Rock Guards, K&N drop in filter, MaxBeam Smoked LED side markers, 20x9.5/20x11 HR5 Hell Raiser wheels w/ Conti DWS06 275/315 w/ 3mm spacer.
    Thanks sooleyman, Heat00 thanked for this post
    Likes sooleyman, Scatram liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very happy with our Scat Pack Charger. We bought it certified used with 40,000 miles on the clock. I ran a 12.1@114.75 bone stock one week off of the dealers lot. Can't complain. A little more seat time and I'm positive I could have gotten into 11.70-11.80's. Just added a Procharger kit and a few other minor mods. Have to wait until April to run it at the track to see what we gained. We paid $29k for it. Can't complain one bit.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Likes 768mph, ssPetess, PaulMc, Knight, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WDOM8KR View Post
    Very happy with our Scat Pack Charger. We bought it certified used with 40,000 miles on the clock. I ran a 12.1@114.75 bone stock one week off of the dealers lot. Can't complain. A little more seat time and I'm positive I could have gotten into 11.70-11.80's. Just added a Procharger kit and a few other minor mods. Have to wait until April to run it at the track to see what we gained. We paid $29k for it. Can't complain one bit.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Hell to the yeah !!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s
    Likes Scatram, Heat00, WDOM8KR liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Regret? No. Lust for? Always.

2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/Hemifever tune/3.70 gears/Borla Atak/AES bypass/eBay longtube headers
    2016 Charger Scat Pack/LMI Intake/3.70 gears/Longtube headers/Borla Atak/Active exhaust delete/Hemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the supercharger whine in the Hellcat, the red seat belts, the laguna leather, the steering wheel, and the shift light, but not enough to pay extra for 200 extra pounds on the nose of the car, decreased fuel economy, and more power than I can use on the street.

I'd kill for a 7-liter naturally aspirated, aluminum block Hemi, though.
    2017 Durango Citadel Hemi
    2015 Charger R/T Scat Pack
    1968 Charger R/T
    Likes Redline T/A 392, Scatram, Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I wrestle with this thought too but at the end of the day, it’s the exact same car but faster and 25k more lol. That being said, I recently see them non widebody for about 60k but that’s still 15k more than my wide body challenger and to me the wide body looks so much better. I know many don’t like the wb but even without that issue I agree traction is a big problem. Even my wb challey doesn’t have traction so a lot of the time you cannot use this extra power

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    I paid $35k for my Scat Pack and drove the crap out of it for 2 years. Daily, tracked it, traveled in it. Loved it. Sunroof, heated/cooled seats....every option available with Ruby red and black interior.

Over the summer I chunked a good piece of change at it. Now I have a well mannered car in town that slaps 840hp to the wheels on pump gas....still have all those options.

Regrets...not one little bit...before or after the work. I'm still under the entry price of a HellCat and have more power than a Demon....what's to regret? Do you regret not getting a higher performance model?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no regret or envy. I have 2 cars that I bought new with the intention of modding both to different levels. 16 Scat shaker 750whp and an 18 Charger R/T w STP and an Edelbrock 2650 making 500/492 . I could have bought a Hellcat instead of the Scat but being bullheaded I refused to spend 70k at the time and in hind sight I should have got the HC considering all the problems I had with the Scat since the mods but it's all fixed now and at it's current power level it's pretty close to getting me kicked off my local track without installing a roll bar. I'm very happy with both cars. although, if I was starting over today I would get a Red Eye .
    Last edited by MXS67454; 01-14-2020 at 07:29 PM.
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope!
    If not, why?
    Cheaper on everything, no car loan, & plenty of power for my activities. If I want something fun & fast there are better options I could buy then a 4200lb rock.
    16 Charger RT, R1 slotted rotors, ST pads, Mopar super track pack suspension, Mopar strut bar, 3.09LSD
    07 300 SRT8-retired
    Likes Scatram, OlGeezer2018 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, no love for the cats lol..... I agree and understand, the price difference is too much. I just double checked the Dodge site and its exactly $25,750 more, period. that's not chump change and that assuming no other options that you might not want on a cat, could be a lot more difference actually when you start adding items that only come on the cat that you might not want or need. could be $30k more LOL.... the other big item is what you mentioned first... traction. I cannot get good traction on any of my scat packs with any street tire no matter which one... and that's when it's dry and warm out LOL... sprinkle a little water in and yea it's already scary sometimes on the highway in the rain with not brand new tires and a scat pack... make that a cat and it could get ugly... it really needs AWD somehow.. even AWD on the scat would be amazing.. isn't that one of the biggest problem we face?
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...
    Likes WDOM8KR liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you have 305s? I better not have traction issues with my 315s! Obviously not from a dig.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    20% tint, BT Matte Black Catch Can, LED interior lighting, ZL1 Rock Guards, K&N drop in filter, MaxBeam Smoked LED side markers, 20x9.5/20x11 HR5 Hell Raiser wheels w/ Conti DWS06 275/315 w/ 3mm spacer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    wow, no love for the cats lol..... I agree and understand, the price difference is too much. I just double checked the Dodge site and its exactly $25,750 more, period. that's not chump change and that assuming no other options that you might not want on a cat, could be a lot more difference actually when you start adding items that only come on the cat that you might not want or need. could be $30k more LOL.... the other big item is what you mentioned first... traction. I cannot get good traction on any of my scat packs with any street tire no matter which one... and that's when it's dry and warm out LOL... sprinkle a little water in and yea it's already scary sometimes on the highway in the rain with not brand new tires and a scat pack... make that a cat and it could get ugly... it really needs AWD somehow.. even AWD on the scat would be amazing.. isn't that one of the biggest problem we face?
    Also keep in mind. Cost of insurance, gas, tires, etc. I was thinking about used. My dealership had an 18 hellcat with 18k miles for 49k. I paid 37k for mine (42k otd with warranties and stuff) and I wanted to jump on that in a heartbeat but my wife wouldn't let me.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife wouldn't let me....married 32 years and I've never said that..
    Likes 768mph liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MXS67454 View Post
    My wife wouldn't let me....married 32 years and I've never said that..
    I feel this is a time to clarify. I don't always make the best financial decisions when it comes to things like this.. so it's more of a "I don't want our family eating ramen so you can have a car that you put away six months of the year and drive like a grandpa when you do have it out" (ramen part is an exaggeration) wouldn't let me. She's generally pretty cool about things.
    Likes miiksp, Heat00, hotrod1, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    I feel this is a time to clarify. I don't always make the best financial decisions when it comes to things like this.. so it's more of a "I don't want our family eating ramen so you can have a car that you put away six months of the year and drive like a grandpa when you do have it out" (ramen part is an exaggeration) wouldn't let me. She's generally pretty cool about things.
    I get that.. I couldn't help myself . hope you understand . I'm in Madison. where in Wi are you ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast