Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Daytona vs Scat Pack

So I’m wondering since I’ve had my Daytona 392, are the Daytona’s and Scat Pack’s tuned differently from the factory? Even the slightest bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Last edited by 2_Black; 03-29-2020 at 02:48 PM.
    I hate driving a stock car so I live by this:
    "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think so brother. As a matter of fact, I believe that a base scatpack might have the slightest edge over a Daytona because of the added weight of the moonroof, adaptive cruise control and heated/ventilated seats. The only thing I could think of power wise would be the mopar intake but honestly that's probably more but dyno than anything.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Likes Richie Carbone liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by futureofvegas View Post
    I don't think so brother. As a matter of fact, I believe that a base scatpack might have the slightest edge over a Daytona because of the added weight of the moonroof, adaptive cruise control and heated/ventilated seats. The only thing I could think of power wise would be the mopar intake but honestly that's probably more but dyno than anything.

Ok because I’ve raced quite a few SP’s and have done extremely well over them (stock for stock) and some slightly modded. But I don’t have a sunroof or adaptive cruise control but I do have heated and cooled seats tho. The reason I ask is because with only adding 305/35/20 Indy 500 tires I’ve been able to get a 3.8 0-60 and record 12.4 1/4 mile pass @ 113-114 (all on the street) and this is according to the pages in the car. I know the pages aren’t extremely accurate (as I’ve heard) but still considering tho I think that’s doing ok, right?

‘18 Charger Daytona 392
    Bone stock
    Mishimoto catch an, TaZer, Driver mod
    "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Likes Heat00, futureofvegas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_Black View Post
    Ok because I’ve raced quite a few SP’s and have done extremely well over them (stock for stock) and some slightly modded. But I don’t have a sunroof or adaptive cruise control but I do have heated and cooled seats tho. The reason I ask is because with only adding 305/35/20 Indy 500 tires I’ve been able to get a 3.8 0-60 and record 12.4 1/4 mile pass @ 113-114 (all on the street) and this is according to the pages in the car. I know the pages aren’t extremely accurate (as I’ve heard) but still considering tho I think that’s doing ok, right?

‘18 Charger Daytona 392
    Bone stock
    I just added 305s myself but I haven't raced anyone. Where these races from a dig or a roll? That would make a lot of sense seeing how 245 tires wouldn't be able to hook at all. You said you have a tazer yea? Full on track mode does give the pedal more sensitivity too.

Last edited by futureofvegas; 03-27-2020 at 12:51 AM.
    Thanks 2_Black thanked for this post
    Likes Heat00, snobrdrdan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by futureofvegas View Post
    I just added 305s myself but I haven't raced anyone. Where these races from a dig or a roll? That would make a lot of sense seeing how 245 tires wouldn't be able to hook at all. You said you have a tazer yea? Full on track mode does give the pedal more sensitivity too.

I do both but since I don’t have any power adding mods rolls I lose on the top end. The Indy’s hook up perfectly fine just hard to maintain that gap against lighter, faster, and modded cars. Yea I have a TaZer and I use track mode mainly on all my dog runs w/ traction 100% off. I feel like the pedal has more response and sensitivity but nothing major tho.

‘18 Charger Daytona 392
    Bone stock

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_1275.JPG

‘18 Charger Daytona 392
    Bone stock

Post Thanks / Like
    No difference in terms of performance. The Mopar intake is just for looks. Compare it's design with a LMI one (the only CAI that actually shows gains at the track) and you will see why. As for your times, C&D has posted 12.4 in their testing on a stock 245 summer tire car. So the 1/4 isn't hard to believe at all. Your 0-60 is better, but switching to a 305 Indy probably accounts for that. You probably just have right touch launching, which is why you do well. Go put it on the track and see what you can do on a prepped surface.

Also who said the timers were inaccurate? I've not seen any one who has used them at the track come up with more than a tenth or two difference (usually the timer being slower than actual). I know I used mine on 4 passes last time at the track and it was on the money or a tenth higher than actual.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
    No difference in terms of performance. The Mopar intake is just for looks. Compare it's design with a LMI one (the only CAI that actually shows gains at the track) and you will see why. As for your times, C&D has posted 12.4 in their testing on a stock 245 summer tire car. So the 1/4 isn't hard to believe at all. Your 0-60 is better, but switching to a 305 Indy probably accounts for that. You probably just have right touch launching, which is why you do well. Go put it on the track and see what you can do on a prepped surface.

Also who said the timers were inaccurate? I've not seen any one who has used them at the track come up with more than a tenth or two difference (usually the timer being slower than actual). I know I used mine on 4 passes last time at the track and it was on the money or a tenth higher than actual.
    I think my Mopar CAI is doing something because on my performance pages I’ve seen 503 hp and consistently around 500 crank hp on the dyno pages so I’ll have to do more digging on that. I wish I had a track to test it but out here in Hawai’i ain’t too much I can do. I know at the track I could pull much better times but one day I’ll see.

But I’ve heard from plenty of people saying the 0-60, 1/8 mile, and 1/4 mile trackers in the car wasn’t 100% accurate but when I recorded my 0-60 timer in the car with my phone it seemed pretty damn accurate. Thank for the info man.

‘18 Charger Daytona 392
    Bone stock
    Mishimoto catch-can, TaZer, Driver mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_Black View Post
    I think my Mopar CAI is doing something because on my performance pages I’ve seen 503 hp and consistently around 500 crank hp on the dyno pages so I’ll have to do more digging on that. I wish I had a track to test it but out here in Hawai’i ain’t too much I can do. I know at the track I could pull much better times but one day I’ll see.

But I’ve heard from plenty of people saying the 0-60, 1/8 mile, and 1/4 mile trackers in the car wasn’t 100% accurate but when I recorded my 0-60 timer in the car with my phone it seemed pretty damn accurate. Thank for the info man.

‘18 Charger Daytona 392
    Bone stock
    Now the HP gauge is another story. Guys have posted screens showing 500+ before. I have pics of mine showing over 450hp in 90 degree humid NC weather. Wish it had a peak recording, since I'm sure mine has gone above 500 at some point too. Remember our cars are SAE rated. So they produce within 1% (maybe 2, can't remember) of their advertised number. SAE testing is more brutal than real life, so look at it as a minimum number (likely heat soaked). So it's not the Mopar intake. It is likely a case of a good air.
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8
    Likes 392WLCHR liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok cool. Well I’ll have to look into more, possibly get it on a dyno to know for sure what’s at the wheel and not the crank. I guess it’s hard to know for sure since I race Scat Pack’s with mods and I think I’ve only raced 2 stock ones but from a dig and I beat them both. But the air out here in Hawai’i is pretty good from what I’ve seen so maybe that holds some truth to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Likes SuperSound liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Driver mod is the most effective I have seen on these cars, next to DRs! Trying to launch on my 245 A/S tires has taught me the definition of insanity lol.
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8
    Likes 2_Black liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The data displayed on the HP gauge has to be a calculated value based on vehicle weight & speed/time since there is no measuring equipment such as a dyno connected to the car or engine. It's a rough figure. I've had other cars on dynos but not the SP, but I understand different makes of dynos do give different results. IOW it's still a rough figure. Here on some online calculators which provide figures that approximate a 392 Charger's horsepower.

Engine Motor Horsepower Estimate From Elapsed Time Calculator
    Engine Horsepower Calculator From Elapsed Time: Quarter Mile Drag Race

Engine Motor Horsepower Estimate From Trap Speed Calculator
    Engine Horsepower Calculator From Trap Speed: Quarter Mile Drag Race Speed

This one calculates flywheel HP and wheel HP, and it’s a 10% loss according to their figures.
    Horsepower Calculator From 1/4 Mile Stats
    Wallace Racing HP Calculator For 1/4 Mile
    Likes 2_Black liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquer View Post
    The data displayed on the HP gauge has to be a calculated value based on vehicle weight & speed/time since there is no measuring equipment such as a dyno connected to the car or engine. It's a rough figure. I've had other cars on dynos but not the SP, but I understand different makes of dynos do give different results. IOW it's still a rough figure. Here on some online calculators which provide figures that approximate a 392 Charger's horsepower.

Engine Motor Horsepower Estimate From Elapsed Time Calculator
    Engine Horsepower Calculator From Elapsed Time: Quarter Mile Drag Race

Engine Motor Horsepower Estimate From Trap Speed Calculator
    Engine Horsepower Calculator From Trap Speed: Quarter Mile Drag Race Speed

This one calculates flywheel HP and wheel HP, and it’s a 10% loss according to their figures.
    Horsepower Calculator From 1/4 Mile Stats
    Wallace Racing HP Calculator For 1/4 Mile
    Oh ****, I didn’t know all of that. I appreciate that info man

‘18 Charger Daytona 392
    Bone stock

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
    Driver mod is the most effective I have seen on these cars, next to DRs! Trying to launch on my 245 A/S tires has taught me the definition of insanity lol.
    Oh yea those 245 must be giving you hell trying to launch them! How are you doing with them and what has your best times been

‘18 Charger Daytona 392
    Bone stock

Post Thanks / Like
    of my 4 scat packs owned (one was a 2018 daytona), they all performed fairly closely with exception of my 2019 charger scat, bone stock ran 4.2's all the time. the other 3 never break 4.4 or 4.5 including my current challenger wide body, regardless of what tire is on including the 305's on my WB... still slower than my 19 scat.
    '19 Challenger Wide body Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8 Green; '18 Audi SQ5 Daytona Grey; '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop; '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 BMW E90 M3; '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks ...
    Likes futureofvegas liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast