Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^
    Used car values are high right now because of the shortage due to COVID
    2019 Charger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
    ^^^
    Used car values are high right now because of the shortage due to COVID
    Idk. The dealer I sold to and bought from has a bunch of new ones. No dealers anywhere seem to stock cars with upgraded audio though. My charger did have Beats, was silver, had the HIDs, blindspot and alcantara.

Still dont get it though. You can get a new Charger or Challenger for Scat for <40k. Why anyone would spend 36/37k for a 2/3 year used one doesn't make sense to me. It did only have 11k miles but still...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Because many people don't do their homework, are impulse buyers, don't no the "Art of the Deal" or are afraid to walk.

My SIL has waited almost a year to buy his Scat Pack. The local dealer could not find his Octane Red with Brass Monkey Wheels plus other options. Found one in Colorado, did the deal over the net/phone. Shipping to Texas was cheapeer that flying and the drive back.
    oemtech - aka Hemi_57
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack

Likes estar1, SuperSound liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So the dealer gave you $40k trade in value for a car they turned around and sold for $37k? Very strange that they'd basically take a $3k loss right off the bat - wonder what they were thinking.

But agree, used prices on Scat Packs are so high that it makes zero sense to not buy new - especially with the Power Dollars rebate going on. Even pre-Covid, I rarely saw one for lower than $30k, regardless of mileage. Today, that still seems to be the case.

Granted, the new Scat Pack you get for $36k today is going to be a base model with no options, and even then, it isn't $36k out the door. Assume you pay MSRP of $41,990, less the $4,850 Power Dollars Rebate, and you're still at over $41k out the door - at least in CA. Even so, I'd happily pay $10k extra for a brand new car with a full warranty over one that's likely been driven hard for 50k+ miles, and with a bit of negotiating you can get that gap down even more.
    Likes estar1 liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123