Post Thanks / Like

Harmon Kardon question

I have the 2020 Charger Scat with the Harmon Kardon system. I am considering upgrading the subwoofer, but cannot figure out for sure what size is correct. Everywhere I look online seems to point to it being a 10" sub, but the suggested replacements on Crutchfield are all 8".Any info is appreciated
    2005 Dodge magnum R/T--intake,predator,JBA catback--hers

2005 Srt-4--ALOT faster lol--his--SOLD--car was awesome, but man cannot live on FWD forever. lol

2007 GT--his current..intake,predator w/custom tune, throttle body, x-pipe, axle back, 4.10s, drag radials, aluminum driveshaft, shifter...she gets the job done

Post Thanks / Like
    In my 2018 Daytona it is an 8" in the rear deck.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nbk13nw1 View Post
    In my 2018 Daytona it is an 8" in the rear deck.Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Thanks that makes sense..crutchfield is usually right ....just weird the harmon kardon site says 10

2005 Srt-4--ALOT faster lol--his--SOLD--car was awesome, but man cannot live on FWD forever. lol

2007 GT--his current..intake,predator w/custom tune, throttle body, x-pipe, axle back, 4.10s, drag radials, aluminum driveshaft, shifter...she gets the job done

Post Thanks / Like
    My '18 with the Beats package has a 8" in passenger side trunk. I was sure the HK had more.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
    My '18 with the Beats package has a 8" in passenger side trunk. I was sure the HK had more.
    Yeah. For the money I would expect better quality components then what you actually get. I was actually suprised at the bottom feeder "components" used in the HK system. I replaced the rear deck and front door speakers with Hertz components. The sub was replaced with a Rockford Fosgate P3-2X12. Running the factory head unit with a DSR1 and Rockford Fosgate P600X4 and a P1000X1bd. So much better.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nbk13nw1; Yesterday at 02:12 PM.
    Likes ODB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there is a sub kit that goes in the spare tire well that has 2-10" speakers in an enclosure. That might be what Crutchfield is referring to.
    Mike 2008 Caliber SRT4, 2015 Chrysler 200c, 2018 Chrysler 300

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike w View Post
    I think there is a sub kit that goes in the spare tire well that has 2-10" speakers in an enclosure. That might be what Crutchfield is referring to.

The Challenger has the 2 subs in the trunk...I think Crutchfield is right on the Charger with the 1 8" in rear deck..I think the info on HK site is just clerical error they didn't change between 2 cars out of cut/paste laziness