Post Thanks / Like

Custom MDS Activation

Can MDS be set to only turn on in higher gears, say 7th and 8th only?

On my bone stock 300S 5.7, the MDS is very annoying around town at lower speeds, but would like to still have it active when cruising on the highway.
    2017 300S Hemi, 1969 Cutlass

Post Thanks / Like
    One way to do it is to drive in auto stick. Keep it in 4th gear and the MDS won't kick in. That works on my 2005 MRT anyway.
    2005 Cool Vanilla Magnum R/T
    20" 2008 SRT Alcoa wheels
    Front SRT shocks/springs
    245/45/20 Firestone Wide Oval, Front Brembo Conversion
    K&N CAI, Diablosport InTune
    MSD Blaster Coil Kit, 6 Disc RAQ Radio

Post Thanks / Like
    No, not that I have ever seen.
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes autostick mode disables mds, has since the inception of mds in our vehicles. Just put it in drive set it to 7th gear , if your on the freeway just take it out of autostick mode ….

Post Thanks / Like
    uh, if you have an eco mode, turn it off, If that doesn't work, put it in sport mode.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm aware that Sport and manual shifting will disable MDS.

I am looking for a way to leave it in normal Drive and cruise around without MDS turning on in the lower gears.

I like the way Sport Mode shifts, but not the higher shift points at low throttle position.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said just select 7th gear and it will shift on it's own normally but will not activate mds, you will have to do each time you start the car or go from drive to reverse but it will work without you having to manually shift or use sport mode.... if your on the freeway take it out by holding down the + and it will work as normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by circ1977 View Post
    Like I said just select 7th gear and it will shift on it's own normally
    This makes no sense. How are you selecting gears (implying manual mode) and having the car shift on it's own (implying auto mode)?

I too dislike the MDS in lower gears in auto mode. The only way to avoid it is to use Sport mode, but this is unnecessary and annoying around town. I wish dodge just let us disable MDS. I hate having my MDS kick on for 2 seconds every time I'm driving around town. I feel like it can't be good for the system to keep turning on and off like that so rapidly

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we'll let you turn it off no problem
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesr242 View Post
    This makes no sense. How are you selecting gears (implying manual mode) and having the car shift on it's own (implying auto mode)?

I too dislike the MDS in lower gears in auto mode. The only way to avoid it is to use Sport mode, but this is unnecessary and annoying around town. I wish dodge just let us disable MDS. I hate having my MDS kick on for 2 seconds every time I'm driving around town. I feel like it can't be good for the system to keep turning on and off like that so rapidly
    I find myself using Sport around town and then cruise control on a regular basis so it upshifts one or two more gears and I'm not cruising at 2,400rpm for no reason.

Custom Diablosport tune is on the list, just not there yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can change the minimum from 9mph to 20mph (in HPTuners or at a dealership) but that's it. It will give you a more peace in town.

I got into this using HPTuners seeing the table that allowed settings but nothing over the minimum of 20 would work, if you go over 20 it ignores it. I wanted a 40mph minimum.

I got HPTuners to look into it and they confirmed its locked hard by MOPAR and the dealerships can bump it up to 20 for truck owners that change to larger tires and have lugging issues on 4 cylinders at the lower speeds. I'm not sure how strict they are as for keeping it to trucks.

Now that Diablo is hearing this maybe they can add the calibration.

The above said, I really enjoy the mpg savings of the system in my car and won't be disabling it.

My Settings