Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sanford FL
    Posts
    4,355
    Post Thanks / Like

    No more Scat Pack...

    My 17 SP was a lease, and after extending it like 6 months, I have returned the car. It was a blast, I loved the car and my time with it.
    On to the new one....
    2020 Mustang GT

    20GT.jpg

    Probably couldn't be more different, but I was ready for a change.
    Its really the glass 392 pistons that kept me from getting into another one, as I'd like to throw some boost at the new ride. I had a NOS kit for the Charger and never got the balls to install it.
    These GenIII Coyotes are handling ridiculous amounts of power in stock trim, and I want a piece of that
    The 10 speed is crazy. The factory programming leaves a bit to be desired but I can deal with that.
    Other things that make it nice are proper summer tires vs the 245 all season Goodyear's the SP came with. Between that and the fact that its probably ~700# lighter than the Charger, and it feels like it is on rails. Add in the 6 piston Brembos and its a well rounded animal.

    Charger went 12.38 bone stock and I expect this to better that. Best pass in the Charger was a 12.005 on Radials with a tune, and I am hoping to beat that with this car, 100% stock as well.

    Regardless, I'll still be here. We still have the Redeye, a 20 Ram, 3 2.0T JLs (?!), and the best tuning devices you can buy for your HEMI powered car or truck
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!
    Likes POWERMAN, TNCHARGER, punisher69 liked this post



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    794
    Post Thanks / Like
    My best friend has a '19 exactly like that one. His best pass on the onboard timer is 11.9, he's made plenty of passes all around 12 flat. Drag mode makes a helluva difference on them. It just hooks so easily, even compared to my '17 Camaro SS.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sanford FL
    Posts
    4,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    The traction is really impressive thus far. The dead hooking almost makes it seem slower. The SP would roast the tires at WOT at any speed under ~30 MPH but this thing just goes.

    Big inch low end torque vs high RPM power. Perfect example.
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sanford FL
    Posts
    4,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, took the GT out to the track last night, mark up one win for the Charger.

    In stock trim, on the crappy 245 Goodyears, I went a best of 12.38 first time out in the Charger.

    The Mustang is proving to be much more work to get out of the hole cleanly.

    Best pass was 12.49 @ 116.5, with a soft 2.03 60'. I was hoping to avoid wheel hop, but could/should have left a bit harder.
    Next pass I tried too hard, and went right into wheel hop, and that lead to a short 1-2 shift, and it finally gathered up and went 12.5x.
    Track was packed and I only got the 2 passes. In fairness, I made at least 5 passes the first time out in the Charger, and it helped me sort it out in one night.
    Will work on my launches and see what I can get this thing to do on the stock tires before I throw a Nitto at it.
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    4,756
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
    Well, took the GT out to the track last night, mark up one win for the Charger.

    In stock trim, on the crappy 245 Goodyears, I went a best of 12.38 first time out in the Charger.

    The Mustang is proving to be much more work to get out of the hole cleanly.

    Best pass was 12.49 @ 116.5, with a soft 2.03 60'. I was hoping to avoid wheel hop, but could/should have left a bit harder.
    Next pass I tried too hard, and went right into wheel hop, and that lead to a short 1-2 shift, and it finally gathered up and went 12.5x.
    Track was packed and I only got the 2 passes. In fairness, I made at least 5 passes the first time out in the Charger, and it helped me sort it out in one night.
    Will work on my launches and see what I can get this thing to do on the stock tires before I throw a Nitto at it.
    Get MT's for it, don't waste your money on the NT05R'S. I ran as good at the track with Atturo az850's as I did with the Nittos lol

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most of the Mustang guys are not seeing real improvements with DRs on these '18+ PP cars. Seems Ford specifically tuned them to work on the Michelins
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sanford FL
    Posts
    4,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Get MT's for it, don't waste your money on the NT05R'S. I ran as good at the track with Atturo az850's as I did with the Nittos lol

    Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I use the 555R. Always worked for me on the SP, low 1.7 60' times.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
    Most of the Mustang guys are not seeing real improvements with DRs on these '18+ PP cars. Seems Ford specifically tuned them to work on the Michelins
    I know the Michelins can work...I just need practice. The suspension really is not as forgiving as the Charger was, and its too easy to get into wheel hop. Also, drag mode with the Michelins is useless. Got out of shape on the 1-2, and spun on 2-3 and 3-4, might have barked 4-5. its nuts...but I figure I lost at least a tenth to loss of traction going down the track.

    As for radials not working....nah. Coworkers 20 GT went 12.0 on a M/T in the heat and last night on E85 he went 11.6X at 121.
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
    I know the Michelins can work...I just need practice. The suspension really is not as forgiving as the Charger was, and its too easy to get into wheel hop. Also, drag mode with the Michelins is useless. Got out of shape on the 1-2, and spun on 2-3 and 3-4, might have barked 4-5. its nuts...but I figure I lost at least a tenth to loss of traction going down the track.

    As for radials not working....nah. Coworkers 20 GT went 12.0 on a M/T in the heat and last night on E85 he went 11.6X at 121.
    Your experience is very much like my friends his first time on the track, except he would have to let out of every time b/c it was looking for a wall (typical Mustang ). Not sure if your track is bumpy, but seems they don't like any bumps in those first couple of gears. His best technique is launching from idle with a roll into the throttle, 25psi in the tires. Considering there are lots of guys with sub 12 runs bone stock, the car will hook with those tires. Not sure what the weather is like down in FL right now, but anything below 64F he has real trouble getting it to stick.


    I wasn't saying they don't work, but the returns aren't anything like our SPs get from a set. For example LMR only picked up .2 tenths from M/Ts, springs, and removal of the seats. Also the rate of braking something with sticky tires goes up quite a bit on the Fords.
    '18 Charger SP - Tech/Driver's/Beats Packages, WRT wheels - Tazer
    Previous:
    '17 Camaro 2SS A8

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sanford FL
    Posts
    4,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fortunately OSW is a world class track surface, so we are lucky there. It was in the low 60s at the track, and I wasn't doing big burnouts (quick clean up), but I'll need more practice to figure it out.
    We have a rental on 12/3, so, I should get some good seat time and figure it out.
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!
    Likes SuperSound liked this post

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mike,
    You say you have a Red Eye. Have you guys done anything with the Red Eye? I have a stock RE with M/T Rs. I've run 10.60 and .70s, .80s. I'd like to get her down between 10.00 and 10.50 Do you guys unlock the ECM and tune? Do you sell ECMs already tuned so I could swap out the stock one for the tuned one and back, if need be?
    Thank you
    'Cuda SRT8

    My Mopars:
    '69 'Cuda FB with MP Hellcrate, a TKO600 and S60 Dana
    '15 Jeep Grand Chickeree in Maximum Steel
    '19 Challenger Hellcat
    RED EYE in B5 Blue (797h.p.)
    '19 Ram 1500 4x4 Hydro Edition (5.7 Hemi)
    "Three Hemis; no waiting"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sanford FL
    Posts
    4,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda SRT8 View Post
    Hello Mike,
    You say you have a Red Eye. Have you guys done anything with the Red Eye? I have a stock RE with M/T Rs. I've run 10.60 and .70s, .80s. I'd like to get her down between 10.00 and 10.50 Do you guys unlock the ECM and tune? Do you sell ECMs already tuned so I could swap out the stock one for the tuned one and back, if need be?
    Thank you
    Oh yeah, we do Redeyes Like nobody else.
    We offer tuners and PCMs for the Redeye. The PCMs dont come pretuned, you could buy something like our swap device and then we send you an unlocked pcm and you send your original back to us as a core, or you can buy a kit with the tuner and unlocked pcm so you keep your original.

    We only took ours out once in stock trim (on a Radial). It went 10.8 as I recall stock, then 10.6 with the PCM tune and 10.5 with the PCM/TCM tunes from our device.

    From there, we threw a 2.85 pulley at it on pump gas and went 9.99.

    Once we cracked that, we added a Fore Fuel system, ID1300s, and E85.
    It also has a Diff brace.

    The car in that trim, with minimal mods, has been consistent low 9.30s and a best of 9.28 @ 147.



    She's in the shop now....for some top secret upgrades en route to our goal of running 8 second passes through the stock cats, with the stock blower/cam/longblock, etc.

    You'll see plenty of Redeyes and big Whipple cats making way more power than the ~880 or so we are making, but last I checked we were #3 on the fast list and the 2 ahead of us are not that far out, with way more mods
    Its all in the tuning.
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •