Post Thanks / Like

C&L Cold Air Intake - Replacement filter?

I know I bought this CAI from a link on this thread years ago. But, for the life of me, I can't find the actual post any longer. I searched on Google for C&L Intake and came up with C & L Mustang Performance Parts | AmericanMuscle Apparently they no longer sell any parts for MOPAR any longer?

I need the replacement air filter that came with this CAI. Mine is a bit long in the tooth and has become a bit "deformed" for lack of a better word. Anyone know anything about the CAI they used to sell for the 6.1L?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just look over the S&B catalog and find on the size of what you need.

Post Thanks / Like
    All you need is the flange diameter and length and you can match up pretty much whatever you want

I have an airaid intake that I switched to a K&N cone filter and just recently changed to an AEM dry cone filter both of which were slightly larger then the one the intake came with to fill up the whole space
    2006 Charger SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joekd View Post
    All you need is the flange diameter and length and you can match up pretty much whatever you want

I have an airaid intake that I switched to a K&N cone filter and just recently changed to an AEM dry cone filter both of which were slightly larger then the one the intake came with to fill up the whole space
    That's the issue. I've no idea what the flange diameter is due to them apparently not making them any longer? Do I just measure the circumference of the existing CAI to find out what fits?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by usafle View Post
    Do I just measure the circumference of the existing CAI to find out what fits?
    Yes, you measure the outside diameter that the filter clamps to, this measurement needs to be the inside diameter of the cone filter

If it ends up being a 6" neck I have a couple filters here you could have dirt cheap
    2006 Charger SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking for the same filter. It's got that damn bend in it and no one seems to carry a filter like it. I might just make an adapter up for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by usafle View Post
    I know I bought this CAI from a link on this thread years ago. But, for the life of me, I can't find the actual post any longer. I searched on Google for C&L Intake and came up with C & L Mustang Performance Parts | AmericanMuscle Apparently they no longer sell any parts for MOPAR any longer?

I need the replacement air filter that came with this CAI. Mine is a bit long in the tooth and has become a bit "deformed" for lack of a better word. Anyone know anything about the CAI they used to sell for the 6.1L?

I ordered these parts off of Amazon and they worked perfectly.

Amazon.com: Spectre Performance (97771) 30 Degree EPDM Intake Coupler: Automotive

Amazon.com: Spectre Performance 9709 4" Straight Aluminum Intake Tube: Automotive

Amazon.com: Spectre Performance HPR9617K Universal Clamp-On Air Filter: Round Tapered; 4 in (102 mm) Flange ID; 6.75 in (171 mm) Height; 6.813 in (173 mm) Base; 4.719 in (120 mm) Top: Automotive