Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradJo9 View Post
    So if you are building an engine for boost utilizing the Apache intake, and your rings are gapped correctly for boost, is this a non-issue? Just a little more difficult to tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You’ll just tune around it. You tune the the “weakest” hole. But you will be leaving power on the table.
    Unless you can tune each cylinder. Doubt that’s possible with oem ecm.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    that sounds dumb when I read it again, obviously you don’t want a lean condition under any circumstances.

Guess I’ll have to tune the car for ideal conditions in 2/4 and have slightly rich in the rest.

If only it were that simple; a "slight difference" is not the case or where in the rpm range(s) it occurs (boost / THRO POS). How to identify individual cylinders, and when, is another issue.

If you're insisting on using the Apache Intake with relatively high boost, you best ask those who have experienced engine damage. Better yet - talk to the Professionals (those regularly installing FA on OEM Apache engines) who are (well) aware of the problem for their advice.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 12-20-2018 at 09:09 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    that sounds dumb when I read it again, obviously you don’t want a lean condition under any circumstances.

Guess I’ll have to tune the car for ideal conditions in 2/4 and have slightly rich in the rest.

I'm sure there are tuners that have tables to get around it now. I think it was the initial runs/ table building that the problem was really evident. No one was really expecting it to lean out a whole bank, especially based on how well it flows N/A.

I was considering a procharger, but am leaning towards a Maggie now.

All my car funds are on hold indefinitely anyhow, my youngest son was just accepted to Berklee School of Music in Boston. We have to see how tuition is going to play out.

Bright side is, I'll be running it as is next year and should have my launch perfected by then lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes chrisp2493 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post

All my car funds are on hold indefinitely anyhow, my youngest son was just accepted to Berklee School of Music in Boston. We have to see how tuition is going to play out.

Bright side is, I'll be running everyday to work next year and should have packing my lunch perfected by then lol

There I corrected that for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    There I corrected that for you.

Only one problem...I don't work lol. Not to put my business out there, but I'm a disabled veteran. As long as the house is clean before Friday, I can race :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234