Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newoldchallenger View Post
    The stock are hex head and what they provide are socket head cap. Even with my rather extensive supply of tools trying to get around the covers and longtubes to tighten the socket head caps was difficult (on the bottom side).
    The covers drilled holes are also too small to accept the factory bolts so short of drilling them out, you don’t have a choice but to use the supplied hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gotcha. socket heads can be a pain. They give a little cleaner look tho. What would you think of torx head?

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, those do look great.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Newoldchallenger-thanks for update - will thinkabout pulling trigger tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL.DWN View Post
    Gotcha. socket heads can be a pain. They give a little cleaner look tho. What would you think of torx head?
    Me personally, I have the same feeling with torx heads as the sockets. But that’s probably just because I don’t have as many tools/adapters devoted to those as typical bolts. As you said though, they both do look cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also for everyone invested, I run stanke stabilizer bars and shaft collars and these clear those as well.

Post Thanks / Like

New Sheet metal valve covers for cheap

Looking really good , I hope there’s some quality control and they’re all as equally well fit. Definitely on my list , thanks for taking the dive man !!
    Ps , how do you like that manifold? I’m in the market for one and still unsure which route to go ..

Last edited by ronan978; 01-19-2019 at 10:43 PM.
    16’ charger Scatpack
    Forged 392 based 426 stroker, Arrington phase four Apache heads, custom grind cam , ported and matched 6.1 manifold, long tube headers , solo performance cutback ,ati pulley and pinned crank , custom cai , Tba diff brace with 3.70’s out back and 30” et r’s

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any issues with the dipstick clearing/mounting on the other side with the extra height or did you just slightly bend it out of the way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WarDamnSRT8 View Post
    Any issues with the dipstick clearing/mounting on the other side with the extra height or did you just slightly bend it out of the way?
    Bent it slightly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool thanks for your response. I have a 06 300SRT8 we working on installing a set of these onto (black fab valve covers with red MSD coils) and my dipstick has a dual tab mount that attaches to the valve cover studs themselves...thinking I will swap to a 6.1 challenger dipstick tube that will mount to the header bolts, bend it a little if necessary and call it a day. Yours looks great with the silver!
    Likes agoristmike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone else has bought a set of these, can you post any problems you have had with them and a few pics? Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker View Post
    If anyone else has bought a set of these, can you post any problems you have had with them and a few pics? Thank you!
    Update for ya... 7k miles and going strong still. They clear these braces as well:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newoldchallenger View Post
    Update for ya... 7k miles and going strong still. They clear these braces as well:

I and one other person I know had fitment issues with the Holley covers and Stanke's hold downs on Edlebrock heads, no issues on the other so far just the Eddy's Eddy's with Stanke hold downs work well just like stock
    10.55 @ 130 , Not bad for NA392 ,4400lbs truck

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234