Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us1champ View Post
    I think soy of these type of mods go hand in hand. Ported intakes. Ported throttle body’s. Ported heads ect. They are a package. Little Gains on there own but better gains together.

I do find it interesting without getting off topic. A lot of people talk about dodge motors this and that don’t seam to help with certain modifications like gm and ford. Anyone know why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its now common knowledge that throttle bodies that retain the OEM butterfly (throttle valve) do not add any HP / TQ. It could easily be argued that those TBs that are simply machined up to the valve face and leave an abrupt step up (front side) and step down (backside - and offset) actually reduce rate-of-flow by introducing section drag. The purported (lie really) that there is any "Venturi Effect" over a 2in section with a throttle valve structure further reducing that cross sectional area, that produces any sort of gains in velocity aft of the perturbation itself...is purified BS.

With that aside; I've read other Forums where this type of malarkey doesn't exist - let alone bought into.

I chalk it up to a larger more mature knowledge / data base. A good example of this is the SRT exhaust manifolds. Most other Forums prescribe to long tube headers with little or know emphasis placed on short length tubular exhaust manifolds except where fitment / space requirements take precedence over performance. Because our platforms are not (nor will they ever be) produced in numbers that would drive the Aftermarket Industry to fully respond, we saw members grasping at anything in those early days to modify their rides.

As a result, even though it is common knowledge that short tubular exhaust manifolds (they are not headers) produce precious little (other than install heartache), people still cling to folklore that there is somehow(!) significant gains. Amazingly the misinformation about their performance still sticks like chewing gum off a hot sidewalk.

The last reason likely carries the most weight; years and years of maturity as it relates to factual performance knowledge within the Chevy / Ford enthusiast base and their respective performance Industry.

In this day and age (the Internet), what will never go away are the f'n shysters, cause there will, at least for the for the time being, still be a strong market based off those customers who simply don't have the knowledge to call bullsh!t (love for their ride will continue to outweigh facts and logic).
    Last edited by Hemissary; 02-12-2019 at 03:41 AM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    I'm not anywhere near ready to boost yet. I have a son about to start Berklee College of Music. I gotta see how bad that hurts before I can do anything else.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Congrats man!

Galactus hungers...
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360
    Thanks punisher69 thanked for this post
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us1champ View Post

I do find it interesting without getting off topic. A lot of people talk about dodge motors this and that don’t seam to help with certain modifications like gm and ford. Anyone know why?

Our engines were designed so much better then Chevy and ford that there was not a lot left on the table, they make easy gains because a nice piece was added where a turd was oem. We had quality machining and parts engineering from the factory so the gains are much smaller

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradJo9 View Post
    Our engines were designed so much better then Chevy and ford that there was not a lot left on the table, they make easy gains because a nice piece was added where a turd was oem. We had quality machining and parts engineering from the factory so the gains are much smaller

Agreed, but every OEM has picked their game up as well. A good example of how well engineered the latest generation Hemis are is the Apache cylinder heads and the only aftermarket Vendor to produce a comparable part. When both have been properly prepared, there is only a few CFM difference between the two.

This speaks volumes about FCA's engineering prowess. In simple terms, given the fixed positioning required for upper valve train, intake / exhaust manifold interfaces, valve angles and pushrods there's precious-little extra 3 dimensional real estate to remap port configurations.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 02-12-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Likes Beach Goat, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Granted. But when we hear about the other manufacturers and big gains, typically it’s not the newest engine, big gains for cheap are on older ls_ whatever number and 5.0 fords etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok , so I spoke with Jim from true street and he is interested in doing some pulls prior to the swap for comparison-purposes. Going to check with Aj to see if his timeline lines up as well. Provided we’re all good , we should be able to do some pulls by the end of next week. We’ll make sure all variables are as similar as possible......... this should be interesting DIY -6.1 manifold porting and polish

Thanks Tikibeast thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

DIY -6.1 manifold porting and polish

Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post

Depends on where precisely that crack resides. At first glance, it may not adversely affect operation, but it warrants further close inspection.
    Turns out to be just some residue in a couple of spots , I took a flap wheel to it to be sure. Hopefully going to have some time later today to clean up the rest of the casting.

Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    Ok , so I spoke with Jim from true street and he is interested in doing some pulls prior to the swap for comparison-purposes. Going to check with Aj to see if his timeline lines up as well. Provided we’re all good , we should be able to do some pulls by the end of next week. We’ll make sure all variables are as similar as possible......... this should be interesting DIY -6.1 manifold porting and polish

You're runners are active and switching at 4800rpm, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by ronan978 View Post
    Turns out to be just some residue in a couple of spots , I took a flap wheel to it to be sure. Hopefully going to have some time later today to clean up the rest of the casting.

Good :^)

Post Thanks / Like

DIY -6.1 manifold porting and polish

Far as I know , yes Simon. It was never mentioned , but I can only assume it would be noticeable, if not throw a code?
    Had a chance to clean up some more. Believe it or not , I removed a good amount of material.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ll be shipping mine off Monday to get ported and when it comes in I’ll be getting headers and a dyno run so we’ll see what the combo makes. Interested to see what your results are as well

Thanks ronan978 thanked for this post
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234