Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 100
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nce write up and a lot of great assistance and feed back... You guys are the best.


    Jay

    Looking for Carbon Fiber Or Fiberglass Parts ask me for more info!!!!
    Formerly Known as dntnvme



  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks good write up mine just stop sealing and was told i had to bring it to the dodge dealer i love to be able to do it yourself. thanks again

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    McKinney, Texas
    Posts
    494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn sunroof is sagging again!!
    Just vented roof, loosed both REAR bolts, close roof and held glass flush while tightening the bolts again. But, the bolts never seem to tighten...they feel as if they are just spinning like they are stripped...is this possible?

    If so, can I replace those bolts or is it better to let the dealership do it? Would the TSB on this cover my issue if 2005 is way out of warranty???
    2013 300 S
    3.6L V6
    8-Speed
    Stock For Now
    McKinney, Texas






  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Home of The Buckeyes
    Posts
    2,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    i love the knowledge base! Mine was sagging and I did the pull fuse 44 thing readjusted the two rear 8mm nuts and I am good to go. You guys rock!
    Got Faith? Philippians 4: 6&7
    Like my company on Facebook...please
    https://www.facebook.com/TheSimmondsGroup
    2012 Jeep GC Overland Summit. Yeah, it's got a Hemi. No mods...yet

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cornelius, Oregon
    Posts
    271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awsome write-up, this procedure worked perfectly. Thank you
    Magnum less..

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Airdrie Alberta
    Posts
    1,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Front of sunroof sagging!, help!

    My sunroof is sitting low enough in the front that water can seep through the seal and the roofline.
    Is there anyway to adjust the front?,, or didn't I read the previous posts correctly? They seemed to be for adjusting the rear edge only?

    Thanks guys!
    David.

    '05 300LTD Dark Lava Red


    http://dewm1s300.shutterfly.com/

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Southwestern Ohio
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worked like a champ ... 10 minutes, 2 beers and no more drippy roof!!!!!!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    627
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorryto drudge up old stuff, but this is an "oldie but goodie"!!!

    So I did the adjustment with the help of a buddy and the back kept sagging after adjustment. I was getting ready to do the fuse trick when my buddy noticed that the plastic track is cracked toward the back of the glass.

    It seems as though each side of the window has two tracks and both tracks on each side are broke thus causing the saging after the adjustment. Does anyone know if these particular parts can be replaced and if so is it something we can do or does the stealerships have to do it? Funky you seem to be the resident expert on just about everything...any idea?

    Thanks to anyone that can help out!!
    DODGE MAGNUM...its NOT your mammy's station wagon!!!!!

    2006 Magnum R/T, Borla Catback, True Cool Oil cooler, 170 tstat. Superchips, Volant CAI.
    Guages and piller pods coming soon!! (still working on getting them hooked up)

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    greasy cardboard box
    Posts
    23,373
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman-5076Hemi View Post
    Sorryto drudge up old stuff, but this is an "oldie but goodie"!!!

    So I did the adjustment with the help of a buddy and the back kept sagging after adjustment. I was getting ready to do the fuse trick when my buddy noticed that the plastic track is cracked toward the back of the glass.

    It seems as though each side of the window has two tracks and both tracks on each side are broke thus causing the saging after the adjustment. Does anyone know if these particular parts can be replaced and if so is it something we can do or does the stealerships have to do it? Funky you seem to be the resident expert on just about everything...any idea?

    Thanks to anyone that can help out!!
    can you post a pic pointing out the offending part?
    i'm having a hard time visualizing it.

    thanks



    EDIT: can you see it in this diagram?

    Last edited by fnkychkn; 02-12-2009 at 06:38 PM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    627
    Post Thanks / Like
    My camera is busted, but I will see if I can borrow one, but I won't be able to post until Monday of next week.

    I will say that the tracks are black in color and look plastic...I will look at your illustration some more and see if I can point it out
    DODGE MAGNUM...its NOT your mammy's station wagon!!!!!

    2006 Magnum R/T, Borla Catback, True Cool Oil cooler, 170 tstat. Superchips, Volant CAI.
    Guages and piller pods coming soon!! (still working on getting them hooked up)

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    627
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry Funky / folks...forgot about the camera on the Iphone! Here are the pics (sorry for the size, I still don't know how to adjust it down to a smaller size)...I put a screw driver right under the track so that you can see what I'm talking about and its right by the crack / broken part. It is broke in another place further toward the front...you can faintly make it out in the pic. The pic is from the rear of the sunroof when its vented. This is on the driver side of the car / sunroof. It's basically a channel that the window slides on and both sides of the channel are cracked / broke and it's the same for the passenger side too.
    Last edited by iceman-5076Hemi; 09-11-2009 at 02:03 PM.
    DODGE MAGNUM...its NOT your mammy's station wagon!!!!!

    2006 Magnum R/T, Borla Catback, True Cool Oil cooler, 170 tstat. Superchips, Volant CAI.
    Guages and piller pods coming soon!! (still working on getting them hooked up)

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    greasy cardboard box
    Posts
    23,373
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman-5076Hemi View Post
    sorry Funky / folks...forgot about the camera on the Iphone! Here are the pics (sorry for the size, I still don't know how to adjust it down to a smaller size)...I put a screw driver right under the track so that you can see what I'm talking about and its right by the crack / broken part. It is broke in another place further toward the front...you can faintly make it out in the pic. The pic is from the rear of the sunroof when its vented. This is on the driver side of the car / sunroof. It's basically a channel that the window slides on and both sides of the channel are cracked / broke and it's the same for the passenger side too.
    i'll have to look at a real one (hopefully tomorrow) before i pass judgement.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    greasy cardboard box
    Posts
    23,373
    Post Thanks / Like
    finally got to look at one today. that part is only serviced with the sunroof frame assembly.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    1 bolt missing completely

    My '07 MSRT8 is missing the driver's side rear bolt altogether. Despite its model year, I just bought it from a dealer with less than 100 miles on it, so it is basically new...with 3 of 4 bolts. I hope that ratio does not apply elsewhere on the vehicle!

    Does anyone have the specs on the thread pitch/length for the bolt or will the dealer be able to find one for me easily? I don't really want to take any of the other three out if I don't need to. I also need the fan-shaped shield piece (#11 above), since I somehow managed to tear it along the bottom. If anyone knows the part number for it, that would be helpful, too.

    thanks

    EDIT: I called the dealer and I think they found the correct stuff. I will find out tomorrow. The part numbers still may come in handy if something isn't right with my order, though.
    Last edited by Probable Cause; 02-19-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: update on the situation

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    greasy cardboard box
    Posts
    23,373
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Probable Cause View Post
    My '07 MSRT8 is missing the driver's side rear bolt altogether. Despite its model year, I just bought it from a dealer with less than 100 miles on it, so it is basically new...with 3 of 4 bolts. I hope that ratio does not apply elsewhere on the vehicle!

    Does anyone have the specs on the thread pitch/length for the bolt or will the dealer be able to find one for me easily? I don't really want to take any of the other three out if I don't need to. I also need the fan-shaped shield piece (#11 above), since I somehow managed to tear it along the bottom. If anyone knows the part number for it, that would be helpful, too.

    thanks

    EDIT: I called the dealer and I think they found the correct stuff. I will find out tomorrow. The part numbers still may come in handy if something isn't right with my order, though.
    side cover bellows P/N 05137558AB.
    glass retaining screw P/N 6508405AA

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •